Greatwater Lake calling
<i>"Sometimes there is no darker place than our thoughts, the moonless midnight of the mind."</i>
171 Posts
Ooc —
In the days following Dragonwatchers' genesis, Koontz worked without much in way of reprieve, spending her time patrolling the borders or exploring the territories that bordered her own. Eventually, this caught up with her and a blanket of exhaustion nearly smothered her. Not long after parting ways with Rainier and Carolina, she crept into the foothills north of the lake and fell fast asleep. Although she knew she must return home and begin her next patrol, she slept soundly through the night, finally waking only when an unprecedented morning chill nibbled at her.

Blinking sleepy fog from her pale eyes, Koontz groaned and sat up. She bolted to her feet when she realized that the long shadows cloaking the lands indicated daybreak. The others would wonder where she was; they might even worry at her unexplained overnight absence. Still groggy, the young she-wolf began to lope toward the plateau when a summoning howl pierced the early morning stillness from the entirely wrong direction.

Freezing, Koontz listened to the beckons. It took her several beats to place the voice. It belonged to Marek, a lone wolf she'd met for the first time not long after discovering this majestic parkland. She'd bumped into him perhaps once or twice since then, though she hadn't seen him since herself and Ariston had decided to settle down on the plateau and found the Dragonwatchers. Although itching to get back home and resume her duties as Beta, Koontz could not resist returning Marek's call. For one, it was the polite thing to do, and for another, she wanted to spread the word about the pack.

"I'm coming!" came her short howl of response as Koontz turned and began to trot toward the lake. It wasn't hard to spot him in this flat, open space and the hoary she-wolf soon closed the gap between them. She held herself respectably but neutrally, her tail waving amiably as she came to a stop a few feet from the large white wolf with mossy green eyes. Koontz didn't know him that well yet, so she did not touch noses with him, instead offering a low woof of salutations.

"Good morning," she said to her acquaintance. "What can I do for you, Marek?" she questioned, since he'd called for her specifically.
Messages In This Thread
calling - by Marek - July 20, 2013, 08:46 AM
RE: calling - by Koontz - July 20, 2013, 10:43 AM
RE: calling - by Marek - July 28, 2013, 08:16 PM
RE: calling - by Koontz - July 28, 2013, 08:42 PM
RE: calling - by Marek - July 29, 2013, 06:19 PM
RE: calling - by Koontz - July 30, 2013, 09:31 AM
RE: calling - by Marek - July 30, 2013, 05:50 PM
RE: calling - by Koontz - July 30, 2013, 08:45 PM