Blackfoot Forest Step by Step
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
@Andalusia :3 I assumed they exchanged names ;D 

Sebastian suffered with each step he had taken today. Andalusia was good company though. He was glad to have the female traveling with him to his home. Maybe otherwise he might be attacked already. His wounds were holding up. The cobwebs did their job well. Though he realized that they might have used too much Goldenrod since he noticed it affected his lungs, breathing felt a bit weird. Though as he walked he noticed that his lungs at least were doing better. The rest of his body wasn't liking the walking so much. Still Sebastian wasn't a quitter. He would continue on walking at his own slow pace. 

They were close to the mountains, they needed to cross those, which came after this forest. From the mountain tops you could see the caldera in the distance. Sebastian wanted to see it, hoping that it would give him hope. Because now he was really dreading the climb. Maybe he had to invent something from his ripped pad hurting so much while walking. If only he knew what he could put under his paw, if only to make sure it wouldn't get infected. 
241 Posts
Ooc —
Yeah, I figure they probably would have (: I assumed a couple things here as well, but if you're uncomfortable with anything, just let me know and I will change my post to reflect that (:

Andalusia's ears stood alert to catch the forest sounds and her nostrils flared against the slight breeze. She had come this way once before when she'd returned to the Wilds from her trek in the South, but her eyes had been fixed on the Sunspire north of here. Heading west was a new ordeal, and given the unusual circumstance of their travel, Andalusia found her mind even more alert than usual. Sebastian needed to focus his energy on walking, and she had self-elected herself as the eyes and ears for them both. She struggled to remember the last time she'd been responsible for more than herself, and she felt the wear of the past few weeks pull at her bones as she funnelled her energy into her present mission. Andalusia doubted she could move much faster than the boy; it seemed the tire of her flight from the flatlands was finally sinking in, the strain both physical and emotional.

Not that she let it show. As far as she was concerned, she was fine, and to Sebastian, she put on a false front of confidence, one she'd practiced as a yearling to exhaustion. The mask came easy to her now - it always had - and she ignored the unnerving sensation of the press of the branches around them. Mountain walls caged the forest on every side, and Andalusia turned to peer up the one closest to them with a squint. "I probably don't need to say this, but it looks like we'll be crossing the mountains soon," she rolled her shoulders and turned her gaze back to Sebastian. The boy had insisted to move even with his torn paw, but Andalusia could see he was in obvious pain. Scaling the mountain would prove troublesome with his limp, and though she would seek out a level passage through, they had no guarantee of an easy trip. "Let's find a river and rest before crossing, alright?" She paused before adding, "The water'll help clean and cool your wounds, too," in case he decided to argue.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
All good! <3

Sebastian was a bit out of it all, just keeping to the regular rhythm of walking and trying to keep that pace. That was the most important thing to do now. Sebastian grunted with each step, more out of pain than out of tiredness. Though he might wish for a break. "Yes, break," he agreed. "Mountains by night a dangerous so it is walking at a good pace or spending the night on this side," he returned. Sebastian would like to try to get over the mountains or at least the top before nightfall, maybe they would find a nice cave that could shelter them from cold and winds. It was summer but Sebastian wasn't trusting those mountains. 

Once they reached a stream Sebastian eagerly started drinking, and laying down too, in the stream. Hopefully his pad would wash clean. "Thank you again. You are too kind. You know, if you want shelter, you could stay at my pack," he offered. But maybe she was a girl who liked freedom and after what happened to him she might not be inclined to join the caldera. They weren't the most popular pack around, at least not anymore. He didn't know much about the Caldera's neighbors other than that one was the pack of his father... The one he still needed to face. But that wouldn't happen now, if his father was really mad then he wouldn't stand a chance.
241 Posts
Ooc —
Though mountains held dangers by day and by night, Sebastian was right. The climb would be riskier once the sun set to drape the land in darkness, and they would need to decide soon whether they would attempt the crags today or leave the trek for the morning. But evening was a while off, and Andalusia was glad he didn't argue with her idea to rest. She was thankful still for how quickly they found a stream in the thick of the woods. While he eased himself to wash, the Ostrega approached to drink and let the crisp water quench her dry throat. Amazing what a drink could do - Andalusia swiped her tongue across her lips, already feeling the energy surge in her warm muscles as the water settled in her body. Andalusia stretched each leg before lowering herself to the ground and lay her side against the cool dirt.

She eyed Sebastian for a moment, clearly enjoying the water over his wounds, before she turned her eyes to search the mountains again. There had to be an easy way across - there always was, if only they could find it before nightfall. She opened her mouth to ask for Sebastian's opinion, but the boy's voice cut through her thoughts and she paused before dropping her pensive gaze to him again.

Andalusia didn't know what to think of staying at the Caldera, not after seeing how viciously their Northern neighbours took to the mere scent of them. And while the idea of being with others made her want to take his offer without a second thought, caution stopped her short. But where there was caution, there was curiosity, and after a moment of silence she asked, "Would you join the Caldera, if you were in my position?" She didn't know how she would take his answer, but the question made for conversation, at least, and she was curious to see what Sebastian thought. He seemed a capable young man, but they'd been quiet for much of the trip - his focus had been on walking, after all, and hers on keeping them alive. They'd barely said words beyond a few off-hand phrases here and there, and now seemed a promising time to change that.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian thought about her question for a moment. Would he join a pack of a wolf that was attacked by another pack. His pale eyes roamed the world around him, clearly thinking. "From what I know how the pack works, I think it is worth it. If you are an explorer that doesn't like to stick to one place I wouldn't join. A pack gives a lot of comfort and to be frank I am really glad I can return home to a group of wolves," he admitted. He smiled kindly at her. It was just a matter of what she was looking for. If she was looking for a pack that had tight family bonds and would take care of each other no matter what then RHC was her place to go. But if she wanted to roam around then the RHC scent wouldn't be a scent she could be carrying. Sebastian knew that now. 

"You can always think about it and when you think, oh. I do want a pack. Then you know where my pack is and ask if you can join. Tell them you know me! Plus you get to see me too if you join. Then you can save me from more stupid things,' he grinned. "Although I do plan on becoming a doctor myself you see. So maybe I can return the favor and help you for once," he chatted. Sebastian was actually a really chatty guy, even charming at times. He was a big cuddly giant really. Sebastian din't understand how that female could have pictured him being an assassin. The massive tank of a male was far more fluff than he liked to admit even. He started to lick his wounds clean, curious of what her motives were. Sebastian was a big guy, it was kinda funny that he was being protected by a smaller female.
241 Posts
Ooc —
Andalusia rested her head on her paws while Sebastian spoke and let her thoughts roam over his words. She felt a wry grin twist her mouth at his disclaimer; so they were homebodies, huh? He didn't clarify whether that had been by choice or by force, but either way, Sebastian seemed content to stay, and she was inclined to believe he meant it. There was something genuine about the boy she didn't see in many wolves his age. Of course, that might have been what had cost him his health in the first place, but it was oddly refreshing. He would just need to be more careful.

Still, Sebastian seemed eager to keep her around, and despite the warmth that still held her face, she couldn't help but feel uneasy at his persistence. He's just being kind - but then, even with his boyishness, there was something in his words that made her uncomfortable. She shifted on her side and let her gaze drift past his face to the trees beyond. "Well, I'll consider," she said slowly, and let a grin cross her face, though she felt this one more guarded than before. "A healer, hmm?" If the North became more hostile, she was sure the Caldera would benefit from that. She flicked her tail across the ground. "Well, I wouldn't advise getting into more trouble in hopes I'll rescue you. I'm not the most convenient saviour around."
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian accepted that answer, he would even accept it if she didn't want to join. The grey tank of a wolf was not the one to force anyone for that matter. It would be her decision alone. Plus he could understand she didn't want that type of scent in her fur and be restricted from going anywhere she liked. The male let out a soft hum when she talked about being a healer. Sebastian nodded. "Yes, I want to become one," he confirmed. Sebastian then wondered of this female gained her knowledge about healing. She had done a wonderful job at patching him up and without infection. Sebastian studied her for a moment. "How did you learn to patch wolves up like you did with me? Any history or knowledge you might want to share to an upcoming healer?," she asked. 

He also wondered why she would say that latter part but he decided not to go into it much further, it felt like prying and maybe he would know the answer to that after she answered his question. Although he wasn't sure if she would give him much. She seemed very keen on keeping things to herself but that might be because he was in no condition of talking while walking. It would leave him out breath even more than if he just focussed on walking itself. 
241 Posts
Ooc —
Andalusia lifted her head and eyed Sebastian. Her advice would do him little good if the Caldera couldn't wander without risk. But he had asked, and she couldn't keep quiet even if she tried. There was nothing becoming in spilling her past to others, but sharing her life on the open road was a point she revelled in.  "Everything I know, I learned on the road," she said, "When you travel alone as much as I do, you only have your knowledge to rely on. I don't know many seasonal plants, but I know a number of remedies available year round. The goldenrod was new to me."

She pulled herself from her sprawled position and shimmied until she sat on her haunches. "I had a few treatments I would've tried if you hadn't spoken up,"  she said, and her eyes glinted as she paused to consider the story to tell. "I came across an old pack once, rooted in traditional medicine," she began. "I was with them when one of their wolves came back with a strange wound on their leg. No one knew how it got there, but over a few days, the bacteria ate away at her muscles. Some thought there was nothing we could do."

"A healer from a neighbouring pack showed us to the plains nearby. The old healer ordered us to gather as much buffalo dung as we could find, and we did. The healer lathered the wound with the dung, spreading it over every inch. Then we waited, admittedly doubting dung, of all things, could save her. But when we woke the next morning, the infection had stopped. Somehow the dung had pulled the bacteria from her leg. We tended her with dung for a few more days before we switched to a mixture of herbs and honey, which I much preferred. It took some time for her leg to heal over, but she eventually recovered. She walks with a limp now, but she came away with her life." She flicked her tail again and let silence fall between them before, her face twisting with a glint of mischief. "I don't know how it worked, but if you didn't mention the goldenrod, I would have tried it again on you. Just be glad your wounds weren't that infected when we found you."

Disclaimer: don't try this at home. And fun fact: this apparently happened to my Grandma while she was living in Paraguay (though they used cow dung to treat her - I don't know if buffalo dung works the same way, but I imagine it's not too much of a stretch to pretend). They figure she had flesh eating disease.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Good to know! xD

Sebastian was instantly enthralled by the story. He wanted to meet this pack of wolves that used old medicine!!! With them he would become a healer far quicker than getting bits of info from different types of wolves, it could always be that one was lying. Sebastian trusted Andalusia though. A soft hum came from his lips as he listened. Even though buffalo dung didn't sound like the most impressive and nicest treatment it seemed to work. He noted that, because the use of too much Goldenrod seemed to have an effect on him. All the goldenrod poultice they put on his wounds made him light headed.

"Goldenrod is a seasonal plant," he explained quickly. "But I noticed if too much is used I feel light headed and dizzy so I think you can't use it in big amounts like what happened with the cowdung," he chuckled, looking a bit disgusted. He was glad that the female hadn't used any poop on him. Sebastian looked rather adorable with his lightly scrunched up face. "Though when you think about it. It are only plants that went through another body," he spoke, feeling a bit silly. The water was starting to turn cold rather than refreshing. He slowly got up and stepped out of the water.

Sebastian looked at the sky and then inhaled sharply. "I think, if I remember well, there is a valley on top of this climb. We could rest there tonight. I don't know what it is called but if we can make that we will be more than safe for one night at least," he spoke, feeling determined now. "Thank you for your story. I'm going to remember it," he spoke with a hum in his voice.

We can timeskip to when they arrive at the top if you want, so it will be more like a travel log?
241 Posts
Ooc —
Skipping ahead sounds good - I tried to keep the travel vague to avoid PP'ing Sebastian. Basically, their route was neither easy nor hard - I figured Sebastian directed while Andalusia took his directions and used her knowledge of terrain to guess the easiest path over the mountains. Probably not the quickest way, but the least taxing on them both.

"Oh? That's good to know, about the goldenrod," Andalusia said, at ease in their discussion of travel and medicine. Her face cracked at his look of disgust, and her airy laugh lifted the air. "Hey, now that's clever. If it wasn't the dung, but the plants they ate." The Ostrega tilted her head. Her laughter faded, but a grin still curved her maw, "I wonder..." Who really knew what happened to matter in the bowels of a cow? Maybe the process gave the herbs an edge they didn't possess in their organic form, which would explain a lot. How they could find out was a different matter altogether...

Andalusia's twitched her ear, and she turned to Sebastian. He lumbered out of the water, and Andalusia drew to her paws and backed away, giving him room to shake if he wished. But her mind had already locked onto his next words, and her thoughts churned. She glanced to the sky, which held the glow of late afternoon, then set her gaze on the mountains. They could make good progress by nightfall, even better if they found a lower path through the crags. Maybe a cave system that led to the other side, or a selection of tow paths around the mount's outer edge. But assurance of an easy road would only come with travel. The day was half over, and yet still too full to write away.

The Ostrega didn't turn from the mountain, but met the hills with a roll of her shoulders. "Alright, then," her voice was firm, set for them both. "We leave now."

--

They didn't find a lower path, but with Sebastian's directions, Andalusia made best with what the mountain gave them. The sun crawled through the heavens, and the moon glowed brighter the further his sister sunk. But only when the stars began to show their faces did Andalusia pause. Her legs ached from the steady climb, and her body moved with a weary drag. She'd spent her life travelling, sure, but she had never moved so far without proper rest. And Sebastian - she marvelled at how he'd made it this far. No doubt either of them could go on much longer. "How much further to your valley?" she asked, and paced on spot to keep her blood flowing and her buzzing mind awake.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
All good! <3 Yes, I think he would too!

Sebastian felt really good about himself when Andalusia praised him for having a clever answer. He liked to think that he was a clever wolf. Clever enough to become a healer, and having another wolf compliment what he wasn't sure about give him a certain motivation. The first few minutes of their climb he was full of spirits that he was going to climb this mountain and tame it with his paws. But as the climb progressed Sebastian wasn't so sure of himself making it through the mountains. What he didn't do was that he never complained. Ever. The large male continued on going without so much of a squeak. It was something he learned early on in life. 

Sebastian looked up, his mind a bit dazed with the repetition of the climb. The male looked up at the female, blinking to make the question make sense in his head. "Uh.. ,"he returned. He looked around. "It should be around here," he spoke, as he said so around the bend was the valley below. Thank god, sang through his mind. As positive as he was before going up the mountain, that was how tired and beaten he was. Going down was even worse because he had to push more pressure on his shoulder and leg wound. The large tank eventually down on three legs.

As his feet stepped on the soft grasses he instantly laid down. "Here it is," he spoke, trying to lift their spirits by trying to be funny. He wasn't sure if he was. He closed his eyes, muscles trembling with the straining he had put on his muscles. 
241 Posts
Ooc —
It should be around here. Right. At this point, they were better off spending the night here and finding the valley when the light could guide them again. But Sebastian seemed set on finding the sanctuary tonight, and when he directed them around a bend in the path, she eyed him, but took the lead. If anything they would find another turn, and they could rest in the nook of the mountain. But when they skirted the rock face, the Ostrega felt her shoulders unravel. A stretch of green met them, encased by a ring of mountains. The valley - finally.

But their trip wasn't over yet. What should have proved easier than the climb up taxed them even more. With only three good legs, Sebastian struggled with his descent. Andalusia had tried to let him be, but she cringed with every stumbled he took. After watching his floundering independence, the Ostrega slowed her speed and sidled herself against his weaker side to prevent him from falling again.

The rocky ground gradually gave way to grass. Soon, the mountains were behind them, and Andalusia let the grass soothe her travel-worn pads. Sebastian slumped to the ground by her side, and the promise of rest almost lulled her to do the same. But her mind still turned on high alert, and after a pause she nudged Sebastian's trembling side. His body radiated heat, no doubt exhausted by the strain, but they had to find somewhere sheltered to sleep. "C'mon, let's find some shelter." If she had been softer, she'd have felt heartless for forcing him up. But they couldn't well sleep at the bottom of a tow path, especially with Sebastian still injured as he was. Who knew who took these ridges at night? Andalusia needed to get him moving again before they found out. "We'll rest then."
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian was very grateful for Andalusia's presence, since he probably wouldn't have survived this trip without her. The only moment he disliked her somewhat was when she nudged him to get back to his feet again. His whole body protested at her words. Even his mind, which usually kept his body motivated, didn't like the idea of standing up once again. To Sebastian it seemed more than fine to just sleep here, but Andalusia thought about it differently. A low whine came from his throat as a last protest before he struggled onto his paws, which was more like a stumble than anything else. Sebastian wished they were there already. He just wanted to rest. He wanted his own weight of his hurting paws and leg.

A soft sigh came from him and he forced himself forward. His mind was a bit out of it, only focussed on finding somewhere to sleep. His nose was low to the ground, some scents wafting in. He even closed his eyes for a moment as he walked. Though when he opened his eyes he spotted what looked like a den under a big tree. He changed his path and and checked it out, only for a second. It seemed big enough for him to fit in. "Lus..," he mumbled, though she probably noticed him going in another direction. He wasn't that fast now. He crawled inside, going through pure agony before he could settle and lay down. There was some room for Andalusia but not much. Luckily she was smaller than him. It would at least keep them warm at night. Sebastian had already closed his eyes.
241 Posts
Ooc —
He whined, but she held her ground, staring him down until he rose to his paws. Andalusia knew what was best for them both, and that wasn't staying here. The sandy woman skirted around Sebastian and drew up along his side. If he stumbled, she'd still try to catch him. He wasn't the smallest of wolves, but neither was she, and while he towered over her, Andalusia was willing to bet she could at least ease him to the ground if his quaking legs should fail.

They walked together until Sebastian's roaming gaze locked onto a point nearby. Before she could stop him, the boy shifted from her side and hobbled away to the shrubbery at their right. It was her turn to sigh, and she watched as he inspected for less than a heartbeat before calling her over to join him there. Andalusia covered the ground much quicker than he, and arrived in time to see his tail vanish beneath the low lying branches of a hulking a tree. Doubtful, she ducked her head and peered into the darkness. His grey fur melted with the shadows, and in the twilight she could barely make him out. She pulled her head up and jumped back a few paces. He was nearly invisible, and a light smile touched her lips. Perfect.

For a moment Andalusia considered staying outside the makeshift den. One pass of the space told her Sebastian already made claim to most of the room beneath the draping boughs. But the night was nippy, and would only grow colder the longer the moon reigned over the sky. Left with little else, Andalusia hunkered down and squeezed into the den's remaining space, contorting herself to fit best. In the end her paws jutted out, and she rested the tip of her nose just beyond the branches' confines, but all things considered, they'd done well with what they'd found. As long as the boy was warm. She would be fine, but Sebastian needed to spend all of his energy on healing.

Andalusia let tension fall from her shoulders and peered from the shadows to the world beyond. There had been many nights like this in her youth. Of course, she'd shared her den with more than one. For the first few months, nights had consisted of many others, with each wolf kicking their paws and vying for space. But soon they'd all grown too big to share and settled somewhere on their own, often under the stars, but often still close to each other. The memory stirred in her a sickness for home and the siblings both she and her kin had left behind. "Haven't shared quarters like this in a while," she mused, and let her words settle, entirely prepared to be met by silence.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Andalusia was indeed met with silence since Sebastian was too tired to even function. Even if he hadn't been passed out he would have invited the female with him in the small den. Sebastian briefly woke a few hours later, realizing that they were basically snuggled up together. The warmth made him quickly doze off again. He was more than comfortable to be honest. He hoped that Andalusia was also comfortable. Sebastian decided to get a good nights rest since when he woke up it was already far past down. He yawned and stretched himself a bit (so far he could stretch). His nose briefly moved through Andalusia's fur wondering if she was awake. He didn't mean anything intimate with it, though it might feel a bit like that.

Sebastian wondered if he would ever have a mate. There weren't many females in RHC, there were basically no available females he believes. Well, Magpie maybe but he didn't really see her as ... mate material. He liked Tiger, but she passed away. Then he was starting to like Nochtli but then he got badly injured and was basically banished from the North. Sebastian decided that he couldn't like Andalusia in that way because he didn't want her to get hurt. It seemed he wasn't allowed to like someone like that yet. But he was a young man of the age of two. He was a full adult now. Normally people around his age would look to start a new family. At least Sebastian thought so. He quickly pushed the thought away, deeming it inappropriate. "Are you awake?," he asked quietly.

Sebastian stomach growled. He couldn't remember when he ate for the last time. Instantly he felt bad because he would feel... Awkward for some reason. He didn't just tell her like 'hey go hunt for me'. He placed his head on his paws, though a meal would be really nice now he thought about it.
241 Posts
Ooc —
She took the silence as a positive, though a part of her rued they could not talk a while longer. Life as a loner had been tough, and though she had enough encounters during the day, she often retired with the too common gnaw of loneliness at night. But the boy needed his sleep more than she needed his company, and Andalusia rested her head on her paws, probing her nose just beyond the draping confines of their makeshift den. Talking would only give him the wrong idea, anyway, and at that thought Andalusia shifted aside, careful not to lay too close. From her vantage she could see the sky, and with her eyes to the stars, she fell asleep to their constellations, Sebastian's steady breathing a strange but welcome change to her otherwise silent nights.

Her dreams were empty and dark, her mind ripe with exhaustion and unwilling to think about anything other than nothingness. She woke groggy, disoriented. Warmth flooded her, and she couldn't remember why. Something ruffled the fur along her back, a motion that took a moment to register. And then someone whispered. Are you awake? Andalusia didn't even hear the question. With a jolt she reared unknowingly toward Sebastian before she jerked the other direction and tumbled in a graceless heap through the low lying branches and into the blinding light. Snap! Her force broke one of the lower branches, and sent a shower of leaves across her back. But though half-blinded and covered in debris, Andalusia sprung to her feet and braced herself, her heart beating with the ferocity of a wild horse.

And only then, when her eyes adjusted to the light and her senses filled with the trees, the mountains, and Sebastian's scent did the daze of sleep begin to pass.

Sebastian. Only Sebastian.

But the way he had nudged her and had ruffled her fur. Panic clouded her vision, and a growl stole her throat, uncontainable. "Why did you touch me?" she demanded, her voice rough with anger. They had fallen asleep barely touching - but she knew the warmth had been his. Stupid girl! She should have stayed outside. She shouldn't have given him even the thought. Waves of regret washed her anew, and her legs wanting nothing more but to run.

Oops :x
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian watched as the female seemed to wake up, but then she did something Sebastian didn't expected at all. He thought it was a gentle man with how gently he had woken her up. He didn't understand what he did wrong! He looked so innocent when she yelled at him. His ears falling back like a scolded puppy, a very cute scolded puppy. He also tipped his head a bit in an adorable way. He was not sure what he did wrong he he made his caretaker super mad. She jumped up like a bucking deer and had a shower of leaves and small branches showering over her. Sebastian ducked his head away, the sudden motion hurt his neck. A soft whimper came from the large male before his eyes fell on the startled female before him. Sebastian as still laying there, dumbfounded. 

"Uh... To wake you up?," he replied sheepishly. Or did she mean the fact that they were laying really close together? Was that what she meant? Because Sebastian rather liked the warmth they shared this night. "I am not sure what I did wrong?," he was close to pouting. He wanted to inform her that is was close to noon, they both had been really tired it seemed. And that they should probably stop walking. He could not possibly have hurt her. It was only a small nudge! A soft frown fell on his face before he casted a kicked puppy face in her direction, which was really effective with the wounds littered on his body, and his ruffled fur. 

Ghehe
241 Posts
Ooc —
Andalusia bared her fangs. He argued his innocence through looks alone - and by looks alone, he really did look like he was telling the truth. But Andalusia wasn't some sapling girl; she trusted freely, but she wasn't naive. She'd let herself slip, had given him the wrong impression. Of this she was certain. I'm not sure what I did wrong. She nearly snorted at his excuse.

"Of course not." Maybe he didn't know, but she knew what his gentleness would lead to. Affection was two-fold, and began with easing into another's touch - a head on his shoulder, a nudge to his cheek. Andalusia's throat clenched and her gaze hardened, and her thoughts shut off before her memories could rouse. She wouldn't give herself to another, nor would she give a man even the thought she would.

She was overreacting, but guilt blinded her, and the brevity of Sebastian's touch was enough to conjure deep memories she'd buried long ago. "Next time, just kick me awake." At least then it would only feel like one of the flying limbs of her siblings, and that she could handle.

The initial shock still lingered, and adrenaline prompted her to move. Andalusia would still help Sebastian, but she would be careful now. She had been too giving of herself, and she heard a distance in her voice when she spoke again. "We should get moving." Hunger didn't cross her mind. Her nerves still fired with the prompting of flight, and food was least on her mind.
Trades
[Image: outrider.gif] 0/5
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian was baffled at her reactions. She was like a completely other wolf and Sebastian was so confused with her behavior. What did he do? He frowned even more when he was told to kick her awake. What the... Sebastian slowly sat up. "I don't understand," he repeated again. "You walked right next to me for the last days, helped to support me... and when I wanted to wake you in a kind matter freak out on me!?," Sebastian let out, now looking even a bit upset. The boy wasn't even thinking of anything that Andalusia was thinking about. In that department Sebastian might as well be a boy. He saw her as a helping friend, a friend that wanted to be treated like shit?!

"I am not going to kick you after all that you did for me. What is wrong with you?," he let out and pulled himself to his feet. He managed to get himself out of their shelter and then fell down on his butt again. He wanted to talk about this. He wasn't understanding why she expected to be treated horribly by him. Did she maybe knew his father? Was that why she was acting like this? But then why help him? It didn't make any sense. Sebastian's ears fell call having the most adorable pout on his giant face. Maybe this Andalusia was a loner for a reason because she was totally weird and now her real personality started showing. Sebastian still wanted to be her friend though, after what she did for him.
241 Posts
Ooc —
He refused to let the matter die, and Andalusia clenched her jaw. There was nothing left to say, and if he knew what was best, he would listen and start walking. He would never need to kick her awake, because she would never let herself sleep so soundly beside him again. That had been her mistake. But Sebastian held her with his talking. And as his voice carried on, her adrenaline simmered until nothing was left but a dull throb in her head. A rush of reality replaced her rage, and her vision cleared, and her mind rang with Sebastian's final retort, words that made her feel furless and burnt beneath the blazing sun.

What is wrong with you?

Heat flashed through her chest, and an itch rose beneath her fur, begging her to flee. Everything was too real. She needed to get away. She needed to leave. Before she could think, the words bubbled from her mouth. "I made a mistake."

Her rage was gone. All that remained was an overwhelming sense of dread, and the need to run. Andalusia felt her voice catch. "I'm sorry." She inched her face from his sight, and knit her brows at the pain that stung her eyes. This wasn't his fault. This was never his fault. "I'll help you until we get back to your pack, but you'll be alone to wait for them." Andalusia didn't turn her eyes back to meet him again, even though she hardened her gaze. She knew the hurt still showed: the tightness in her voice was proof of that enough. "Now let's get moving, alright?" If he refused, she would leave him, because it took her everything not to run from this now.
Trades
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian seemed to have some sense talked into her and then softened. He still didn't know the reason of her outburst. And how she suddenly seemed so small he was certain that he triggered a distant memory. An unpleasant one. The male stated walking, though it was more a limping struggled walk. A soft sigh came from him. They would have to go through this valley, climb a bit and then have to decent again. He wasn't liking defending much. "I figured," he mumbled when she spoke about having to go alone to his pack. 

As they were climbing up again Sebastian just couldn't help but pry at least a bit. "I am sorry if I triggered a bad memory to something," he muttered and then glanced at her. That weren't his intentions even though he had no clue how to avoid them. "And I am sorry for yelling at you," he muttered, he only raised his voice really. He didn't yell at her but it felt like he did. Sebastian just wished they could part on good terms. He kinda liked chatting and traveling with her. Plus this night he had been nicely warmed by her being so close.
241 Posts
Ooc —
He muttered a quick word, then let the subject drop. Silence settled between, an atmosphere Andalusia didn't seek to break, and she turned her focus to their surroundings again. Hurt still simmered within, but she took the lead, unwilling to let what had been rule her actions now. Trees and grass shifted back to rocky slopes, and she allowed the ever shifting scenery to guide her thoughts to where they'd been before.

She would have been fine to stay silent for the remainder of the trip, but Sebastian thought different again. Fear did not seize her this time. Instead, her brow twitched and she flicked her tail, her legs continuing in their constant climb, and her heart retaining a steady beat. She was in control again, and the ground beneath her rooted her in reality. Her memories were her business, and she had already indulged him in everything she wished to share. It was her right to remain silent as much as it was her right to speak, and she chose to deflect his hidden intrigue - she had enough siblings to know prying when she saw it - and let the topic die again. "Nothing to be sorry for. It wasn't like you knew." But at his next apology she couldn't hold back a breath of laughter, and she glanced at him with a glint in her eye. "That was a yell?" A distant smile danced over her lips, not as full as what she'd pulled the day before, but satisfactory in the moment. "I grew up with four brothers. Don't think I can't handle a little shouting."
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian snorted when she laughed. "Well it wasn't really yelling," he pointed out but then shrugged lightly. "But I don't really like to be yelling or raising my voice in the first place," he explained to the other. He didn't know she had four brothers. So then she might be used to yelling and fighting yes. "I had like... ten other siblings," he muttered not really knowing why he would even tell her that. He disliked to think of his past. "Technically four, but there were more pups, who also could have been from my dad. Maybe half siblings then," he spoke, to finalize his answer. He was also used to a lot of shouting and chaos. 

Sebastian kept the same pace on the steady climb, luckily it didn't take him too long to reach the top. Now they had to go back down again. Before them he saw the dark forest of the dark brotherhood. He really didn't like to get close to that territory. He wanted to go around it as far as possible. If his dad found him like this it would be such an easy kill. Sebastian did not wish to die after this trip. "Lets stay clear of that dark forest, yes?"
241 Posts
Ooc —
Ten siblings! She'd always thought her family was big, but that someone should rival her in that! Things had been hectic enough with six. Andalusia turned to Sebastian with words on her tongue, but she paused and stopped herself short. The Ostrega knew a closed door, and by the way he talked about his siblings now, she'd walked straight into one. If this wasn't a conversation he was willing to dwell on, she wouldn't make him. "Sounds complicated." She let a finality carry with her voice, offering no suggestion he should say more. Her siblings were full-blooded or not at all, and neither of her parents had lived to give them ones that were half.

They scaled the mountain with surprising swiftness and reached the peak by mid-afternoon. Though they'd both overslept, she felt more energized than ever, her emotional outburst long blown away by the summer breeze. The land sprawled beneath them, a patchwork of mountains, lakes, and forests, and Andalusia allowed her mind to commit the landscape to memory, a mental map for future use. Still, she had to double back to search for the cluster of trees Sebastian spoke of. From their vantage, every forest looked dark to her, so she gestured toward the nearest group for confirmation. "That one?" He was a native to these parts, and she was still just a traveller through. She'd trust him on this. "Alright. How about we cut south through the meadow? Heading around the mesa will put distance and an obstacle between us and the woods."
Trades
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian nodded at her idea. He liked that. It was a bit further walking that he planned but it was very much needed. He would have to get some distance between Black Feather and himself. He really didn't want to run into his father. "Yes, and that sounds good. It will take us an extra day I believe," he thoughtfully let out. Sebastian looked at the female, but she seemed normal again. The way down was tough on his legs. He raised his hurting paw and struggled his way down. He tried to choose not the steepest path down. So far he was managing greatly.

"I really like to get home," he spoke. He missed them. He saw them as a family already and a wolf being without his family a long time was making him sad and weak. Andalusia must have declared her family not as family anymore, or maybe she did but didn't feel the same way about family. All a possibility. The large male struggled on, requesting breaks every now and then to have his other three legs rest.