Phoenix Maplewood Focus on The First Step
Sometimes You Just Have To Believe
734 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
Private 
Spring had decided that today she would teach Esaro about the medical uses of cobwebs, stinging nettle, chicory, bracken fern and a couple others.  She already had laid out method on how Esaro could remember them.  She had made sure to only choose herbs and one non herb that would actually be around during winter.  Although Spring was a little unsure about finding burdock root, it was worth a shot though.  Out of all the medical supplies she would show Esaro, cobwebs would easily be the easiest to find.

Spring tilted her head back, letting her howl slice into the chilly cold winter air.  Calling for @Esaro, telling him she was near the northwest border and ready to teach him, if he was ready.  Spring then lowered her head finishing her howl.  Glancing around the area she was currently in, examining it.  Then sat waiting for Esaro to come.  If he decided to.
My heart connects with everyone on it's own. When they pull, it hurts.
382 Posts
Ooc — LordGir
As Esaro was thinking of something useful to do, he heard a call aimed towards him. The howl sounded like it was coming from Spring. Based on his last encounter with her he would assume that it was time for some lessons. But he didn't remember what the lessons would be about. He knew fully well that she was going to teach him something useful but what was it? Either way he needed to head towards her now.

While heading towards the direction the call was sounded he tried to guess the orientation. But he didn't know how to figure that out. Was he heading south? or west? He just wasn't sure. He didn't let that hinder his pace towards the location Spring was. Once he arrived he noticed that Spring was clearly ready with ideas in mind. Esaro as a bit motivated to learn, chances are he would be more motivated if he could figure out what she was going to teach him.

"Hello Spring, I take it that you are going to start a lesson, right? Um what are you going to teach again?" He asked directly instead of waiting. He stood in front of her. He wasn't excited but he was curious. He sort of forgot why he was taking lessons in the first place. The only idea that came in his head was Spring wanting an apprentice. With only that in mind his determination to learn was at a low level.
734 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
Spring sat there a bit, waiting for the multicolored male.  The she-wolf yawned as she waited for Esaro to appear.  She waited for a few minutes.  Then finally Esaro appeared.

"Hello Spring, I take it your going to start a lesson, right?"  Spring heard Esaro begin.  The she-wolf nodded.  "Yes."  Spring responded to Esaro.  Then perked her ears as he continued.

"Um what are you going to teach again?"  Spring heard Esaro asked.  She found a little distrust worm in her gut.  Had that question been asked to an Alpha Esaro could have been punished for forgetfulness, for something that should have been remembered.

Spring opened her maw and began to speak.  "You will be learning how to use herbs."  The she-wolf commented a little warning in her voice directed at Esaro.  A reminder that he should try harder to remember things as such.  Then Spring moved away from the warning a more friendly expression on her features.

"Today you will be learning how to use cobwebs, stinging nettle, chicory, bracken fern and maybe a few others."  Spring remarked slowly, then repeated the list as if to help plaster the herb names into Esaro's mind.
382 Posts
Ooc — LordGir
Out of the two things Spring said she could do, using herbs was the subject of the lesson. Esaro wouldn't have mind fighting lessons either, It would surely help him fight Ukko better in a duel. Spring started the lesson as soon as he got there. There wasn't a hello in return. That didn't really set the mood to want to follow along but as it's the first day he was still willing to see if he could really learn this.

She started with a list, the only one he recognize was the cobweb but as for the others they were new. As she said them he nodded and repeated them in his mind. Although she said them slowly it didn't seem like he was able to keep them in mind for long.

"Ok, I'll try to remember those names you gave, but it does sound like a lot to know." He was already unsure if he could repeat what she said a few seconds ago. He was sure to remember cobwebs but the rest was already fuzzy in his mind. He was starting to feel nervous, it felt like he wasn't going to meet her expectations.
Epsilon
Hunting threads: 3/5 Caregiver threads: 1/5
218 Posts
Ooc —
Lunar was strolling through the woods silently,lost in thought. She had soon come to learn that her new pack was in the throes of loss. It seemed the alpha's mate had been injured along with another who had died. The she wolf who had died had left behind a few pups so it seemed. Along with that the medicinal cache was empty. Her ears dropped in empathy for the wolves who were struggling. It was doubtful she'd have any interactions with the pack unless it was the troupe of newcomers like herself. It was then that she stumbled upon the female she'd met at the border.  She was talking to Esaro. She'd always been quiet and she blended in well with the snowy ground. She wasn't sure she should interrupt and had turned to leave when an unnoticed stick cracked beneath her weight. She turned back to face the other two nervously. "Uh hi guys,"she greeted quietly.
734 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
Spring nodded at Esaro's remark.  "You'll get it eventually Esaro."  Spring said, encouragement in her voice.  "It took me a while and I had to figure out almost everything I know about herbs on my own when I was a loner, but know here in Phoenix Maplewood.  I know of many herbs along with cures that are not herbs, such as cobwebs.  You'll get it eventually.  Don't worry."  Spring said in a soft tone.

Suddenly scent filled her nose, it was mixed with packs scent, but not completely.  As Spring guessed this wolf had recently joined.  Though Spring could have sworn she had picked up this wolf's scent before.

Spring spun around startled, hearing the familiar smelling wolf speak.  Spring almost instantly recognized this wolf as Luna.  For a split second distrust filled the females gaze.  Spring did not trust this wolf who had broke so many wolf laws with their Alpha, Reek.  Spring quickly wiped her expression blank, and replied in monotone; "Hello Luna, what are you up to?"
382 Posts
Ooc — LordGir
Spring was right, learning anything would always take time. The moment she started listing the names it felt slightly discouraging. Luckily he wasn't close to giving up yet. He was just going to have to try as hard as he could before he decides that it's impossible for him to learn about herbs and such.

Her words were encouraging so he stayed focus until the female from the other day interrupted the lesson. She wasn't really unwelcomed but there could have been better times to show up instead of now. A pack was pack so there was no putting her at fault.

But Springs mood and expressions did take a turn. Esaro easily saw that. The atmosphere felt neutral for now. He could imagine Spring getting a little upset to be interrupted in the lesson she had prepare. He would hope that everything stays calm.

"Hello again." He said. Then he sat down and decided to watch what would happen next.
Epsilon
218 Posts
Ooc —
Lunar nodded her head in greeting towards Esaro. She could see the distrust flash across the female's face. She didn't blame her,she wasn't exactly trustful either. She tried to think what she'd been doing and came up blank. It wasn't anything important. "I can't remember,nothing really I suppose. What are you guys up to?", she perked her ears curiously.
734 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
Spring held her distrust for Luna at a tight grip, burying it in her gut.  If others had accepted her so could she.  Luna was part of the pack now and that was that.  Spring would just have to deal with it.  As they were asked what she and Esaro were doing by Luna, Spring responded quickly and briefly, in a much more friendly voice.  “I’m teaching Esaro about herbs.”  The she-wolf explained.
382 Posts
Ooc — LordGir
Esaro nodded in confirmation when Spring she was teaching him about herbs. Since Luna was here he wondered if maybe she wanted to join the lesson. Spring didn't have to only teach Esaro. "I got an idea, Do you want to learn about herbs too Luna?" He asked without questioning if it was ok. He thought it would make it easier for him to study and learn if he had a partner who was in the same boat.

It took a few seconds for him to realize that it wasn't him that had to make the decision, it was up to Spring. "Uh, I mean, if it's alright with you Spring." He said turning to her once he noticed his mistake.
Epsilon
218 Posts
Ooc —
Lunar glanced at Spring,happy to finally learn her name, and waited for her response. Her tail had wagged once when Esaro had asked her to join,she would have loved sitting in to listen. She was a quick learner and very interested in plants. There weren't many in the snowy landscape she had been born to especially since the land was shrouded in darkness half the year. She had much to learn but she knew how Spring felt about her. She could feel it in her gut and figured Spring would say no. Her ears dipped in dissapointment and she forced them back up, she didn't want Spring to see her sadness anymore than Spring seemed to want others to see her own emotions.
734 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
Spring considered her options carefully for a moment, not letting Luna join would probaully break the mood, and possibly create an enemy that she didn't need.  If she allowed Luna to join, Luna could earn her trust back, and Spring could lend help to two wolves who needed it.

Spring choose the obvious choice.

The she-wolf nodded reluctantly and slowly at first, but replied enthusiastically.  "Of course you can join us Luna."  Spring decided.  Then drifted her gaze from Luna to Esaro.  
"Let's go.  We are wasting our time just standing around.  Come with me."  Spring began to pad towards a dark cave.  Hoping that she could get lucky and find cobwebs in the darkness of the smaller cave, from recently retired spiders.
382 Posts
Ooc — LordGir
Esaro watched Spring think for a moment. He was hoping that she would allow Luna to join it. There was really no harm in it, everyone wins and everyone is happy. So he was happy to hear that Luna was allowed to join. It was likely going to be much funner to work together and chances are that he would learn a little faster.

Soon after Spring wanted to get to the location she planned to go to. Esaro without hesitation followed but out of curiosity and the lack of patience he immediately asked "So where are we going? What are we going to do?" Of course if he had waited the answers would have came themselves but Esaro was the type to rush things.
Epsilon
218 Posts
Ooc —
Lunar was surprised Spring let her join,she didn't seem to like Lunar very much. But she nearly looked her in the eyes to see if she was serious, she stopped herself. That wasn't good behaviour here. She followed after the two wolves and had to stop herself from wriggling around in happiness.
734 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
Spring could hear Esaro and Lunar Eclipse, following her.  As she heard the soft pounds of their footsteps.  The brown and white female perked her ears as Esaro spoke asking her where they were going and what they were planning to do.  Spring paused in her steps and turned around to face him and Luna looking friendly enough. 

"We will first be looking for cobwebs, even the tiniest strand first... then I will teach you both its uses, what it does, how its made and the best places and season to find it."  Spring briefly explained.  "I'm taking you both to a cave, were we will hopefully be able to find a cobweb, even a strand."  Spring continued.  "Now lets get on our way, we're almost there."  Then the brown she-wolf turned around and began to pad to the cave, which was only about fifty feet away now, so it was close.
382 Posts
Ooc — LordGir
So the first lesson was going to be about cobwebs! Esaro remembers those. They were the plants with a white ball and if someone hits them or blows on them the ball breaks apart, almost like snow flakes in the winter. But it's been a while since he seen those around. It's as if they didn't grow here. Next question was how could it be useful. Did it do something when someone eats it?

Springs says they can find some in caves. Did they grow there during winter? He thought he knew what they looked like so he believed to have an advantage over Luna and decided to turn the cave visit into a game. "I bet I can find the most!" He said towards Luna. Esaro felt confident and ready. He wanted to be the first into the cave to collect some of the plants. So while being a little excited he step forward a little faster up until he was at Spring's left side, and soon would pass her if the cave was in sight.
Epsilon
218 Posts
Ooc —
Lunar wagged her tail at his excited tone but didn't chase after him. The spiderwebs would be there when she got there,and rambuctious playing would cause someone to get hurt in the dark cave or crush the cobwebs. She watched nervously as Esaro started to pass Spring,waiting for her to snap at him. They both were lower than Spring in rank and had to walk behind her or at least she thought so. It was another northern custom and she wasn't sure it applied here.
734 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
Spring noticed Esaro begin to pass her, but didn’t really think much of it.  He was excited.  That would hopefully make him more enthusiastic and stuff all of the herb names and information into his brain, as they neared the cave, which they were headed to, and it fell in front of their line of sight.  Spring stopped in step watching both of them.  Letting out a chuff telling them to pause in their steps for a moment.

“Don’t be surprised if we don’t find any cobwebs.”  Spring commented.  “We hopefully will find some, but chances are we do not.  We may find one left behind string and that would be useful, but our Alpha, Reek, has already stored all the medical supplies, herbs or not.  In the cache, but I have high hopes we will find a cobweb or two.  So keep your senses alert and hopefully we can find one.  If not, I assume you both already know what a cobweb or spiderweb looks like, either way, I will tell you both what it does, how its made and the best places and season to find it.”  Spring explained.  Then padded into the cave, nosing the walls searching for any cobwebs.
382 Posts
Ooc — LordGir
Esaro knew fully well the difference between cobweb and spiderweb which made him feel proud of himself. Once Spring started the search he darted into the cave as well. He started searching the ground for any growing plants. He thought he would be able to find one fast but clearly it wasn't that simple. Perhaps the plant was deeper in the cave. He kept going deeper until it got too dark. A little afraid of what could be hiding in there he turned around.

He returned towards Spring, disappointed. He all really did was take a quick look but found nothing. "I don't think there is any cobweb in here." But little did he know that there was some attached on his fur due to him charging in and searching impatiently.
Epsilon
218 Posts
Ooc —
Lunar began to laugh at the sight of Esaro covered in cobwebs,he looked so funny! They clung to his agouti fur and every time she looked at him she began to laugh again. "I think you found some,"she told him as she strode forward and carefully gathered them up in a ball before laying them on the ground in front of him. Still chuckling she padded into the cave to search for any that Esaro might have missed. She sniffed,her nose down to the musty rock floor. She nosed her way into corners,too small for either of the wolves with her to reach and found a few. She took them outside and put them with Esaro's,wagging her tail as she was happy about being able to find some.
734 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
Spring smiled at the sight of Esaro covered in cobwebs, and chuffed a small laugh.  Then nodded in approval as Luna took all of the cobwebs off of Esaro’s pelt.  “Nice findings Esaro.  Now... give a guess.  What are cobwebs used for?”  Spring perked her ears wondering whether or not they would answer this correctly or not.  Normally cobwebs were the easiest one to remember in her opinion.
382 Posts
Ooc — LordGir
Esaro was really confused. Both Spring and Luna started laughing. At first he thought that they found it funny that he didn't find any but they both hinted that he did. He looked around but didn't see any cobweb that he knew. But he did notice his coat was covered by spiderweb. He was going to try to shake them off but then Luna decided to add some to the collection. "Hey." along with the expression saying 'what are you doing that for?'

Spring then asked what cobweb was for. Esaro immediately answered. "Um, you can eat it and it will make you feel better I think." That was his belief but he had never eaten cobweb before so he wasn't sure. Still there wasn't any around here so there wasn't any way to test that. Esaro still never realized he has been mistaken cobweb for something else.
Epsilon
218 Posts
Ooc —
Lunar cocked her head to the side in confusion. You couldn't eat cobwebs? Well you could,but it wouldn't taste very good and it had no nutritional value. She piped up her opinion hesitantly,"Bandages right?" She didn't know if that was right,it had been awhile since she had to treat anyone. They were perfect for that though it seemed.
734 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
“Not quite Esaro.”  Spring responded to him, as he gave a guess that you ate the cobwebs to make you feel better.  If only it were that easy.  Spring though inwardly to herself, but quickly brightened as Lunar Eclipse answered that they were used as ‘bandages.’  “Correct Luna, cobwebs are applied to a wound to stop bleeding.”  Spring paused for a moment.  “Now tell me, what is the best place and season to find a cobweb?”  She sat awaiting their answers.
382 Posts
Ooc — LordGir
Esaro still wanted to know if it there was a slight chance that eating it could make one feel better. "Is there a chance that it can make you feel better if you eat it?" He asked, wanting to be sure. He never thought cobweb could be used to as bandages, it didn't really seem possible that he just had to ask more. "I don't see how it can be used as a bandage, isn't cobweb too small for that?"

As for Spring's question he gave a guess. "There's lots of them in the spring and in the summer!" He said believing to be correct. "And they are found in large open fields!" He added. He felt quite confident with his answers that he smiled excitedly.

If it wasn't figured out, dandelion seeds is what Esaro has mistaken for cobwebs