Moonsong Glacier I'll never forget my mother's face; that was real
249 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
He allowed himself a warm smile as she offered her condolences, beginning to slide back into his normal air of good humor. "Thank you, Anita," he said softly, looking at the stars. Was his mother watching him from above? "She was an extraordinary woman."

Looking back down at the lone female, Phocion nodded in response to her statement about joining a pack, though was a bit confused--did she mean Silvertip, or another group? He decided to run with assuming the former and said, "My pack has endured some hard times lately. Several deaths have weakened our ranks and broken hearts as well. Strong warriors and hunters would be beneficial."

He continued on with the main caveat of entrance to the pack as it stood. "We have young ones, so the highest priority is to keep them, and their mother, fed. Little food is left for everyone else. It will require a great deal of selflessness, as well as cooperation and loyalty." He gave her a long look, searching for conviction in her eyes. "If this sounds like something you can handle or are interested in, I will lead you to the border to talk to our beta male. He, then, will decide whether you can join or not."

Phocion made sure to gauge her reaction as he spoke. It was one thing to dream of joining a pack, another to take the weight of responsibility upon your shoulders. Phocion found himself weakened and unsteady because of the lack of food, but he knew that Zaria's brood came first--he had promised to protect and feed them when he first arrived to Silvertip, and he would not break that oath.
Messages In This Thread
RE: I'll never forget my mother's face; that was real - by Phocion - June 04, 2016, 10:10 PM