Nimbus Summit I have nobody to call my own.
15 Posts
Ooc — Calamity
All Welcome 
She be dying of boredom

Carlotta had slowly become more familiar with Nimbus Summit and the surrounding area. The ginger she-wolf was young, easily adapting to the rocky trails and steep terrain. Although there was plenty of flatter land around, it didn't yield much more prey then the mountain. The already slender female found she was growing thinner by the day, as were her family members and tempers were short. With little energy to spare on frivolous activities, such as rough housing, there was plenty of time for relaxing. Just now Carlotta lay beneath a rock ledge away from the midday heat, trying to forget about how empty her belly was. This morning she had been lucky enough to find a few old bones that had gone unnoticed but they did little to stave off the hunger pains.

Flopping onto her left side, the fea sighed heavily and flicked her tail in boredom. There sure wasn't alot going on today, and she had yet to befriend anyone around her new home. There was no point in wasting her time around Romilda and the never ending barrage of insults. As much as she loved Remmys company, another soul to converse with would definitely be appreciated. Back home Lotti had numerous friends and was always having to sneak away to be alone but now loneliness had set in. Her family was great (most of the time) but lately they had been stuck together so often it was driving the young girl further from "home" every day. Eventually she would have to hunt something up, but for now it seemed like a good idea to have a nap. No one else seemed to be around, might as well take advantage of the silence.
la llorona
Health - 0% (0/100)
483 Posts
Ooc — Moosebrawn
Lonely once more, but grateful that she'd avoided the stranger's wrath, Doe plodded on. She thought about the creek-trail she'd followed up the mountains, where there'd been plenty of frogs and crickets hopping about during the night. The frogs had doubtlessly grown fat with the locust, and though she hadn't tried catching one before (having grown up in a drier climate), Doe was certain she could manage to catch enough to get by.

Out here, on her own, it was just getting harder and harder to keep going. Harder to want to.

So she couldn't help the happy yap that escaped her when she saw another wolf snoozing off the afternoon heat. She took several quick steps forward before hesitating, her ears swivelling restlessly as she forced herself to think about her actions and observe her surroundings. No, there were no other wolves about, this time. She was safe. For now.

"Hail!" she called, feeling much more at ease with this obviously young and relatively small wolf - she was not nearly as intimidating as the male from earlier, or the fighting shewolves. "I'm alone. It's awful," she chirped, moving closer once more. She kept her stance loose and friendly, her tail hanging lazily between her legs.
15 Posts
Ooc — Calamity
Carlotta had been floating in a light sleep, her mind wandering the landscape of Saltlick Basin from which she had come. Relocating to a knew territory was a grand adventure but her heart longed for home. Out of nowhere a loud yap and pairing voice broke the peace. An unfamiliar voice. The scent of another invaded her nostrils and the she-wolf scrambled into a standing position,  taken completely unaware. Blinking the sleep from her crystal blue orbs, Lotti took a moment to study this newcomer before answering. It appeared the other girl was perhaps a year or so older then Carlotta but seemed to act younger, and held herself in a friendly way. 

Smiling at the apparent loner, the yearling dipped her head in greeting. "Hello. Yes, being alone can be quite awful. I've just arrived to the area myself, with my family. I am Carlotta Ferretti and it's a pleasure to meet you." Ladylike as always, she gave a graceful bow then grinned. Although wise beyond her years and unusually mature, the fea was technically a teenager and once in awhile let herself act her age. "What's your name? Do you live around here?" Now that her mind was functioning her words poured out with speed, the two questions sounding like one.
la llorona
Health - 0% (0/100)
483 Posts
Ooc — Moosebrawn
Doe was overjoyed to be so well received, and her front paws tapped an excited dance before she got control of herself once more. "No, not here. I don't live anywhere," she tried to explain, floored once again at what to say about that. What did a wolf do without a territory? "My name's Doe." And, because she didn't know what else to say, and because it was really just all she could think about sometimes, she added, "I'm... alone..."

She remembered that she'd said that already, and that she had a friend, now, too. "I was with someone... but we split up for the day." She hoped it was just the day. "Do you live around here? Is there a pack?" Maybe me and my friend could join it, she thought wistfully, her tail wagging furiously at the thought.
15 Posts
Ooc — Calamity
Carlotta almost laughed as her brand new friend did a little dance of happiness but decided it might be rude. Oh what joy, to have someone exciting and young around. Her name was Doe, and it seemed to suit her just fine. At the mention of another, Carlotta couldn't help but grin. Hopefully this companion was as nice as Doe. When asked about her home, Doe seemed puzzled for a moment and Lotti found herself wondering why the older female was alone and where her family was. Carlotta knew she would surely be lost without her beloved kin. 

The question of whether she herself had a pack was easy. 

"I came here with my Mom and my Dad and my Sister and my Brother.." The yearling sucked in a breath before continuing. "And my Aunt and my Uncle and my Cousin AND my Grandfather. Whew that's alot. I don't think we are really a pack, just a family. We came from a place called Saltlick Basin but I think we will stay here now." Suddenly the cream and orangey teen had a brilliant idea and gave a little hop of enthusiasm. 

"What if I bring you home and you can meet them all! Everyone is pretty nice and I'm sure my Father will let me take you on a hunt..If you can call it that. He is the Don so I have to ask him first." It never occurred to young Carlotta that their reception could go either way.
la llorona
Health - 0% (0/100)
483 Posts
Ooc — Moosebrawn
More wolves! A family! Doe took in a sharp breath, her heart pounding faster in her chest. She was dizzy in her giddiness, unable to do more than pant as she tried to compose herself, take in the offer. More wolves. A family. She so desperately missed her own family, and having a people to howl with in the dark of the night. Maybe - maybe Carlotta would be her new family, and she would never have to worry again.

Doe opened her mouth to cry yes! Yes, please take me home! But instead, she thought of the stranger with the stormy coat. She was supposed to meet up with him that night, and he'd promised to travel with her as long as she needed, and to help her find a pack to live with until he came back for her with a pack of his own.

But it was only for the day. "That would be..." she stammered over her next words, not sure what she could say to adequately express what she was feeling. Nothing came to her, and she struggled to shake herself out of her stupor. If she wanted to keep her new friend, she'd better start 'acting more like a proper wolf and less like a rabid coyote', as her mother had been so fond of saying.

"Yes please!" she said instead, her tail wagging furiously as she licked her new friend on the cheek. "Lead the way, Carlotta!"