Frogspawn Swamp a lonely cry
la llorona
Health - 0% (0/100)
483 Posts
Ooc — Moosebrawn
After so many failed attempts to socialize, Doe was understandably nervous about answering the call. It was another male wolf, which meant he was most probably bigger and stronger than she could handle, if things went south. Aside from that, she just didn't want to face more disappointment. She'd caught herself talking to a pinecone the day before, and she hadn't even stopped herself. It'd been such a relief to have a conversation, even if the pinecone hadn't answered back. Still, there was no way she could ease the tightness in her chest all on her own. She ached to hear another wolf's friendly voice, directed at her. She was a social creature, damn it, and it'd been so long since she'd been in the warm fold of her family. She needed the safety and assurances of another wolf, if not a pack.

So she tipped her head and howled back, unable to keep the pleading out of her tone. It was a weak howl - one that said keep me, I'm yours and I will do anything not to be alone anymore. She knew better than anyone that weakness got you nowhere - and fast.

But still. Still. She couldn't keep going like this. She needed.

Doe edged carefully to where the call had originated from, sattellite-dish ears swivelling in every direction. When she caught sight of the mottled grey wolf - stiff-tailed and thick-furred and definitely bigger than her - she almost, almost turned back around. But she didn't. She stood before the unfamiliar male and did her best to look both confident and unasuming.
Messages In This Thread
a lonely cry - by Grayday Sr. - June 01, 2016, 12:07 AM
RE: a lonely cry - by Doe - June 01, 2016, 10:29 AM
RE: a lonely cry - by Grayday Sr. - June 01, 2016, 11:02 AM
RE: a lonely cry - by Doe - June 01, 2016, 11:58 AM
RE: a lonely cry - by Grayday Sr. - June 01, 2016, 02:39 PM
RE: a lonely cry - by Doe - June 01, 2016, 05:51 PM
RE: a lonely cry - by Grayday Sr. - June 01, 2016, 06:24 PM
RE: a lonely cry - by Doe - June 01, 2016, 06:35 PM
RE: a lonely cry - by Grayday Sr. - June 01, 2016, 07:37 PM
RE: a lonely cry - by Doe - June 01, 2016, 10:49 PM