Stavanger Bay Love the higher law
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
All Welcome 
ooc: miscellanous hunt roll for a hunt - successful. 

With Dante looking after the kids and, hopefully having a well-deserved rest after the extended hunting trips, Osprey had left Donnelaith behind her to enjoy few hours on her own. Don't get her wrong - she loved her children and her mate - but she needed a break from the duties and... people once in a while. 

She had not intended to go very far, had it not been for the meagre form of a fox that had entered her sight. The chase ensued immediately and in the end Osprey's desperation and hunger was stronger than the other predator's ability to outrun it's impending fate. The she-wolf caught up with it and one quick and well-aimed bite at the base of the fox's neck, ended it's life.

With her sides heaving from the sudden exertion, Osprey regarded her first kill in a long time both with pride and disbelief. She had done it! She had earned another few days for her kids and herself and it did not matter that her prize was scrawny. She ate it all - insides, meat, bones and fur - neither daring to leave one bit here, nor attempting to bring anything back home. With the hungry people lurking around, she did not want her kill to be stolen.

In the end - all that was left - was the skull and while holding it between her paws, she worked hard to crush the tough comparment, which contained brains. The last edible part of the fox.
Sometimes you just have to throw on a crown and show them who they're dealing with.
227 Posts
Ooc —
Onwards Amber went, doing her best to find her sister. She kept her nose working, looking for any scents of Spring before heading on. She decided to travel along the coast for now, and soon caught the scent of blood. Prey blood, in fact, but there was also the scent of another on the air. 
By the time the ebony queen came across Osprey, the meal was gone. She wouldn't have stolen it, wouldn't so much have asked, but the prospect of a friend or ally was tempting enough to bring her to a few yards from the strange grey female. A warm, innocent smile spread across her face, ears perked and tail wagging low. Her sapphire eyes peered curiously over at the female picking at what smelled to be a fox's skull, watching for any signs of aggression.
[Image: Z077D80.jpg]
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
Osprey was so consumed by her work that she noticed little of, what was going around her. By the time the other wolf arrived and approached her daringly, she had gnawed off ears and all of the available meat and muscle on the animal's head. With that task finished, she had moved on to scratch and prod at the base of the skull, willing the brains to come out and that was, when one random look up made her realize that she was not alone here anymore. 

With a good part of her face covered with the unfortunate fox's blood, she regarded the stranger with an unfriendly scowl. A low growl followed, telling the other to stay away.
Sometimes you just have to throw on a crown and show them who they're dealing with.
227 Posts
Ooc —
Amber came no closer, instead laying herself down on the ground and tipping her head. Her bold blue eyes didn't so much as look to the skull, but instead watched the woman herself with a friendly curiosity. It wouldn't take much to drive her off, just an aggressive advance. The queenly woman had no wishes to get hurt out here, not as a loner with no idea where she was or where she was going. Perhaps once she found her sister, she'd be less flighty.
       "I don't want your food, I promise. Only a friend."
[Image: Z077D80.jpg]
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
"A friend," Osprey huffed and gave one long, hard stare at the stranger. She decided not to trust her one bit (and for whatever reason those blue eyes were one the factors, why she did not want to have the other for a friend), therefore she picked up the remnants and drew them further away. At times of great hunger you never knew, what other wolf would or would not be prepared to do. 

"Why should I have you as a friend?" she asked, resuming to gnaw the flesh off from the fox's backbone. The she-wolf had a change of mind then. She did not really want to find out more about the stranger. With one last warning glance, she picked up the backbone and rushed off to safer quarters, leaving the stranger to deal with their problems on their own.