Broken Antler Fen You Listen To Them. It Works
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
I could not think of a better title. @Embry

Aduin had renewed hope to see everything growing back. In no time, it would all be green again. All the herds would return, they would have cover from storms. And his and Bran's secret place, it would be secret once more. Everything was coming togehter.

Yet something felt out of place. Of course not everything was ever perfect. Yet what was it? He could not bring it to mind. Was he still missing his sisters? Was he thinking that this would not last? What was it? He sat on a flat rock, pondering over these thoughts.
I hear the drums echoing tonight
238 Posts
Ooc — Koffey
It's way better than whatever I would've summed up.

Embry padded through the slowly recovering territory of Broken Antler Fen, his blonde coat rippling in the dim sunlight. His sea-green gaze scanned the surrounding terrain with silent submission to the decay of plantlife. This surely will not last. He paused in his tracks at the sight of Aduin, a wolf with whom he had never properly adressed himself. The fellow male looked so serene, so contemplative on the rock, that Embry almost decided against breaking his meditation.

Hesitantly, though, Embry lifted his head and padded up to the wolf. "Aduin!" He called, dipping his head in greeting. "It's a beautiful day for birdwatching, eh?" Though he meant it as a joke, Embry felt that it was, in some way, not far from the truth. There aren't many days when you can watch something without interruption, and I've just spoiled one. He didn't linger on the thought, pushing them away with a content grin. He was excited to get to talk with his pack's gamma. "Is everything alright? You seemed very focused."
ϟ
​I stopped an old man along the way,
hoping to find some long forgotten words or ancient melodies.
He turned to me as if to say,
"Hurry boy, it's waiting there for you".
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Gonna assume they met behind the scenes and only learnt each other's names.

Aduin turned his head to find a wolf he had met once. And only excahnged names. Not addressed formally, though. "Embry! Nice to see you again!" he said cheerfully, standing up to greet him with a nudge to his shoulder. He cocked his head in confusion at first, then a wide grin spread from cheek to cheek as he came to understand. "If I were, it would be to pleasure my stomach" he replied in his own kind of joke.

But then his muzzle fell to the ground, along with his gaze. He didn't really know this wolf, so he kept it to himself. "Just thinking on things" he said quietly, his tail falling low and ears drooping slightly to betray his feelings.
Delta
Never Gonna Grow Up, Never Gonna Slow Down, Caught Up In A Southern Summer Barefoot Bluejean Night.
288 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Hope you dont mind Brandy jumping in :3

Brandy was out walking the fen, no destination in mind, when the scents of Aduin and Embry reached her. At a perk of her ears, she found their voices weren't all that far, and the copper furred female turned to join her mate and cousin. Ambrosia had told her of Sapphire's son finding them, and he'd been introduced to the pack like everyone else, she just hadn't yet met him face to face.
As assumed, it didn't take her long to come into view, but she stopped somewhere between the two instead of giving the dark man her usual affections. The yearling had been distant since the bear attack, and her flank wound was still open and raw from constant movement. 
        "Hey Aduin, hey Embry. What're you two up to?"
238 Posts
Ooc — Koffey
Embry smiled politely at the approach of the female, chuckle fading into a gutteral grunt in awknowledgement to Aduin's former joke. He had quickly taken a liking to Aduin, who's good-natured friendliness had yet to succumb to the brutal clutches of superiority. Many packs, as Embry knew all too well, were rigid in the face of strict policy and merciless enhancement. So, it was with these thoughts in mind, that Embry soon found himself equally as delighted to meet Brandy. "Hello!" His voice was soft and articulated, traits he had subconciously formed through many years working alongside fellow wolves with similar attributes. It wasn't as much an accent as a habit he had unknowingly enforced.

"We were just forming plans for future delictum." He laughed, visibly reclining on his haunches with a relaxed sigh. "You know, scaring the daylights outta the sleepers at camp. Nothing too abrasive. " Embry's bright blonde fur, shocked with sparse highlights of brown at the cusps of his tail and ears, betrayed his youth from the small illusion of maturity he deliberately attempted to convey. It was in his nature to try and subconsiously impress his superiors, even if only to gain the slightest chance of advancing in the ranks. Anything really would suffice, anything except the bottom of the tier. He could serve no better there than he could on the outskirts. Nonetheless, he kept his mood light and friendly. He didn't want to drag the superiors into business - certainly not now that they had reached a nice ice-breaker.
ϟ
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Aduin furrowed his brows at Embry. "We were?" Though he couldn't suppress a small smile. The guy was nice to hang around with, it seemed. Though as Brandy came between them, he couldn't see much resemblance between the two. One had blonde fur, the other bronze red-orange. One had green eyes, the other lemon yellow. Surely there was something connecting the two.

He shuffled closer to Brandy, and went in for a nuzzle. "Hey Bran. How are you doing?" Lately she had been distant. He was worried for her, his ears falling a bit as he made a quick glance at the wound to her flank. He wanted to be by her side, to care for her.
Delta
Never Gonna Grow Up, Never Gonna Slow Down, Caught Up In A Southern Summer Barefoot Bluejean Night.
288 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Brandy giggled, shaking her head and turning to the mate who was now at her side. The yearling gave a smile and a nudge back, murmuring under her breath to her dark man. She ignored the look to her wound, her own ears wilting slightly.
"Hello Addy. Im alright."
The copper yearling turned her lemon gaze back to Embry with a smile. She, too, was looking for similarities between herself and Embry. There weren't much, no, but perhaps Ambrosia? His fur was much, much lighter than her mothers but just as thick as the Valentine girls. His eyes were pale too, but instead of lemony yellow they were a calming sea green.
"I take it your settling well then, Embry?"
238 Posts
Ooc — Koffey
Embry nodded vigorously, recovering quickly from his small daze. At the sight of the two mates, he had slipped into a sort of trance at the thought of one of his own. "Yes, beyond well!" His tail wagged gently behind him, complimenting the cheerful gleam in his gaze. "The fen has been nothing but hospitable since I first joined. I'm glad to see that it won't be so weakened before long - the famine seems to be coming to a final conclusion. Thank goodness - I can finally collect more than a morsel a week." 

Embry shifted so that the mates could stand without his bodice between them, feeling rather clumsy as he slipped around to other side of Aduin. Nevertheless, he kept his jaw set and a cheerful gaze ever-present throughout the awkward maneuver. Upon settling comfortably a few feet away, the blonde male lifted his optics toward Brandy's wound with a mixture of interest and concern. The friction in the air had been quite palpable since her arrival, and he wondered whether it was the notion of her wound or something else. He didn't wish to press if it wasn't just her wound. "How is your wound, Brandy? It's healing up pretty well, right? Who generally treats it?" His bombardment of questions were unintentionally rapid in fire. He knew it was similar to that of Aduin's, but he couldn't help but wonder whether there was any way he could help.
ϟ
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Aduin's tail wagged when she answered. Brandy had given him an answer, and that relieved him. Still, he couldn't stop a few more worried glances at the wound here and there. He silently wished he had done more against the bear. Maybe that would have saved her from injury. Protected her from harm. He didn't notice Embry moving away a few feet, lost in a trance as he stared at her face.

Until questions started pumping out of Embry's mouth. His tail stilled it's motion, an ear flicked. He too wanted to ask questions along with that, but he knew to keep his mouth shut. He had yet to see Brandy's most annoyed side, and rathered to keep it down till another time. Preferably never.
Delta
288 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Brandy practically ignored the shifting of the males, though it did annoy her as she realized it was because of her. Her cousin's words, however, completely took her attention away from it. He was happy with his new home, but the attention was reverted to her flank. With a sigh, and accepting that she'd have to talk about it, Bran gave a shrug.
          "Its sore, but that's cause I've been moving too much since the hunt to let it close properly. There's been no treating, but I'm careful to keep it clean."
In truth, the longer she kept it open not only did it hurt more, it rose risk of infection. So far though, so good.