Larksong Grotto but i carved a map in the back of my arm
i will pry his bony fingers free
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
backdated a few days, maybe a few days after Laurel & Indra arrive? I wanted to start this thread earlier but wanted to wait for their Pupduction thread to conclude as to not make any assumptions.. Keeping this vague in light of that! Tagging @Laurel for visibility, AW <3

when they first arrived in the grotto, indra had been wildly recalcitrant -- far more so than she had ever been in her life. she was out of place and the frustration, which she had no tangible word for, caused her tongue to hotly tie with overwhelming futility. not even laurel could rescind the wave of helpless fury that indra felt, and so indra sought an outlet for her emotions in the dark recesses of her new cage.

after a few days of cool stone and swallowing darkness the child grew lonely, and the last vestige of her hot temper had waffled away like a wispy cloud ushered by stormwind. she poked her head from the den and looked with wonder out into the world, which was far more yellow and bright than she imagined. with all traces of sullen demeanor fled from her features the red child ambled slowly down a worn footpath, her eyes soaking in the splendor of the late summer afternoon.
now the wren has gone to roost and the sky is turning gold,
and like the sky, my soul is also turning.
Sister
Though she be old, she is fearless.
185 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
As usual, Nova wandered the Grotto in search for tonights den. It was late in the afternoon, much later than she usually waited to go hunting for a comfy spot, but the elder had been sidetracked by a couple of mice scuttling about her paws. Gobbling one up, she carried the other by its tail and went on: she could eat it later. 
However, as soon as she drew nearer to Hiram's cave, a scent pulled at her. An unfamiliar one, at that, and so abandoning the search for a den, the golden woman padded right in Indra's direction. It took a few lengths for her to come into view, but there was one of the daughters her Cardinal had brought home: one of the girls she'd told him about. A nagging thought in the back of her mind wondered what'd happened to the third pup, but she didn't question it in fear of an outburst. 
When Indra came closer, Nova chuffed a warm greeting around the tail of the mouse. 
               "Hello there little one, my name's Nova Rose. You're one of Hiram's-Reek's-daughters, no?"
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
indra felt compelled to be brave in laurel's absence, and with boldness she clambered onto a small rock and peered at the flora beneath her feet. she was just about to tumble down after a small white butterfly when she heard the crackle of feet approaching -- unfortunately, she noticed just as she leaned her body down the rock and before she knew it she was headed full tilt for the earth.

with a thud she landed gracelessly in the dirt, in time to see a unique looking wolf approach her. she didn't know enough about body language to know if this wolf was friendly, and instinctively she felt a small growl bubble defensively in her gut. this wolf was scarred, just like reek -- why?

the wolf spoke, and while her tone was gentle indra was not convinced. timid and somewhat fearful she glanced back to the den. "yes." she replied sullenly, remembering how casmir had once instructed her to mind her elders. at this moment, all she wanted was to see him -- or spring -- or shreya -- anything but the golden wolf with the scarred mask before her.
Sister
185 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
It seemed the little girl was hesitant, and Nova plopped herself right down where she was in hopes to make Indra feel better. She knew it couldn't be easy to join a new pack with nobody you know, having to learn everyone again. The tiny growl went ignored, and the golden elder put the mouse between her paws to smile again at Indra. 
                "What's your name?"
While she hadn't seen Seff in a span of time, she was sure he was home safe with his mother, and Nova was thrilled that there were once more wolves to teach and puppies to play with. Nothing like the children at the Keep who avoided everyone like cougars, or Tam with his psychotic, irresponsible mother. None of them had so much as given her a second look, but it was here that she was needed. Here, in the light of the Daystar, once again teaching young ones and sharing her knowledge, this was where she belonged. 
                                  "Are you liking it here in Larksong Grotto?"
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
indra's mottled honey-eyed gaze watched the stranger suspiciously, even as she levelled herself to the ground in a display of disarmament. she didn't know what to do, and it colored clearly her mannerism -- in a chilled fear the child seemed struck immobile.

some time passed, though they were seconds to indra they felt like minutes and at length she found courage on her tongue. "i-indra." she answered truthfully, for how could she lie? her expression clouded as the stranger asked her if she was liking it in the grotto. it wasn't home -- it wasn't casmir, or spring, or laika or amber. her gaze fell as she whispered a defeated word: "no."
Sister
185 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
While she was given a name, the little one named Indra said she wasnt happy here. Nova wasn't too surprised, not faced with a fear response. Silent for a few short moments, she nosed the mouse towards Hirams daughter. 
                  "Hungry?"
Should the little girl take it or not was up to her, and she would get the same reaction out of the elderly lady. A wide smile and shining, warm spectral eyes. 
                                      "Why don't you like it here, Indra?"
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
indra eyed the mouse, conflicted. she wanted to take it, it gobble it up delightedly -- but the childish, immature side of her knew she must make a stand.. even to her own (foolish) detriment.

at length she took it, though she made sure to appear she was reluctant and only taking it to please nova rose. she had to take it for the team, right?

"it's not home." she answered simply, pouting as she gnawed gingerly on the mouse. nova may have done her best to comfort the child, but the child was not to be consoled.