Silvertip Mountain Attention vermin, you are in the presence of a colossus.
you are loved, you are loved more than you know
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Nanook couldn't stop the trill of excitement that quivered through her blood. A fox hunt - could there have been a better way to show Steady she was worthy to be in their pack? She eyed the other team with a swift glance and sized them up. Her first thought was indignation - the teams were hardly fair! The oldest wolf on their team was Niita; they were yearlings and juveniles apart from her.

It was like the time papa had pitted her against Xan. Looking at the competition now did nothing to soften the memory, and a deep frown set over her face. He'd been so sure he'd win that day, but he'd been foolish in his arrogance. She had beat her brother then, slow and steady. Today would be no different. Their team could win just the same.

Nanook gathered close to her teammates and blinked her compliance to Valette's suggestion. It still felt strange, looking at this dark female who looked and felt so much like her sister, but didn't all the same. Desna had been a hunter, and Valette seemed to share this bent. Nanook pushed the resemblance to the back of her mind before it could snowball into a greater confusion. She would probe its implications later - but the hunt mattered now, and she would not let herself be the weak link.
with every heartbeat I have left
I will defend your every breath, I promise
I'll do better
Messages In This Thread
RE: Attention vermin, you are in the presence of a colossus. - by Nanook - August 16, 2016, 10:35 PM