Ankyra Sound Let mercy come and wash away what I've done
ásabragr
641 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Guardian
that awkward moment when kja tries to be a diplomat, lol.

Their tussle only lasted a few moments longer before Maude emerged the victor with Ondine forced to accept the Beta's dominance. There was a part of Kjalarr that was without a doubt proud of Maude for holding her own and putting Ondine in her place for the woman had been blatantly insubordinate, regardless of her reasons for it. Kjalarr's ears slicked back against his skull as they both turned to him: Ondine tattling on Maude for being aggressive and breaking skin (which reminded him of a child), even going for the extra dramatic flair by stating that she would be doomed if it got infected. Maude defended herself, saying that it was a “love bite” as to which Kjalarr squinted at her, gazing moving from Ondine to Maude. Kjalarr doubted that Ondine's wound was that bad and winter was a good few months off yet. No doubt her wound would be long healed by the time it was upon them. “Maude, enough,” He rumbled at his Beta when she threatened Ondine that she could do worse.

“Neither of you are victims in this,” Kjalarr pointed out to them, diplomatic, not siding with either. He was their alpha: and as such he would not play favorites nor could he be swayed to a side. “Maude, for whatever reason, you instigated this by giving Ondine looks,” It sounded so strange: that a look could cause all of this. “Ondine,” The Jarl's gaze slid to rest upon Ondine. “You were blatantly insubordinate towards Maude who is your superior as my second,” His salmon pink tongue drew across his lips. “Unless you intend to challenge her for her rank next time, I expect you to show her the same respect that you show me from here on out.” It was the way in Saltwinter: ranks were challengable but unless one intended to challenge they needed to submit to the dominance of their leaders.

“Maude, it is true that Ondine is not maimed but you do not have to draw blood to emphasis your dominance. I did tell you two to keep it clean,” And in that, Ondine was right: Maude had disobeyed. “There will be a consequence for it, but you and I will discuss that on a patrol, later.” He informed Maude, before his gaze went to Ondine. “I'm no medic but I know a thing or two about serious wounds,” Kjalarr lifted his muzzle slightly, to emphasis the three crimson claw marks that marred his muzzle. “It was late winter when I received these and they didn't get infected. I just made sure to submerge the wound in salt water a few times each day. It will sting like hell but it will keep it clean.” That was the extent of his medical “expertise”. “You solved it among yourselves, without needing me to intervene or pick sides. We must earn each other's respect and sometimes it takes a tussle of dominance in the sand; but that is what Saltwinter is about. It's what makes us strong.” And in the long run: that was the thing that mattered the most. In a way, he was proud of them both for it, despite that in the end they'd turned to him in what he assumed to be “pick a side” sort of way (as to which he'd refused to do by calling them both out on things even if they both ended up mad at him for it).

please send all PM's to kivaluk

1/3 threads
you still wonder if you're
a ferocious beast or a saint
but you're neither because
you're infinitely more —

"I am NOT forgetful"
241 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
She shot a glare at Maude- how dare she attack both verbally and physical? He was just a little, annoying boy who thought of himself as some sort of God. He was the least likable out of their whole group, and yet he had been the one to be crowned Beta. Ondine was sure she could do a better job- she already had two loyal supporters- but she found a spot like that was to be offered, not taken by a fight. Fighting proved nothing of one's skill to lead a pack- one had to be clever, compassionate and caring- things that clearly didn't matter to the filthy scumbag of a Beta.

Biting her lip to focus on another place of pain, she waited for judgement. Kjalarr was wiser than to chose for Maude, she hoped. She looked sort of happy when he addressed Maude's sins, but was offended by the stuff on her. She kept her mouth shut for now, allowing her Alpha to ramble on for a bit longer. 

Of course she knew a thing or two about healing- but had not seen herself capable of fixing anything on herself. She had lived in a forest- she knew what to use and where to get most of it all by herself. But how was she going to apply it- the mushy shit would get everywhere if she were to struggle herself to victory. When he was done with his longish- boring-ish rant, she let go of her lip with a kissy sound that was not intentional. Blood streamed from where she had bitten her lip, but little did she care.

I did not challenge her in any way or form. If so; I would've been more prepared for a fight, and I am truly sorry if it looked like anything else. She announced in a proper English accent that sounded pretty sophisticated. Kjalarr, when you approached me like any normal wolf would do you earned my respect. Respect has to be earned, not demanded. Maude will have to earn it from me too, just like everyone else. She said with no sass, quite proud of her ability to sound completely serious. Thanks for the tips, I do so very appreciate you are willing to help me. I think I'll be able to fix it- I'm not a one trick pony. 

Maude it was delightful meeting you, you truly are a splendid fighter- you as well, Kjalarr- but I have some wounds to attend to. Cheerio! She said as she turned around, swaying her hips slightly as she tried to walk as normally as she was able to. It was true that Maude had won the fight- but she would win all them hearts by playing this nicely. 

-Ondine out(?)-
"I simply... Don't remember."
i'M cRaZY?! What's crAZy is that this world refuses to let me be with yOU~!! <3
317 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
Kjalarr acted as their mediator, his voice level and smooth as he reprimanded them. She turned away from Ondine, her scowl staying even as Kjalarr brought the blame back on her. Her ear twitched, though a small smile flickered onto her face as Kjalarr finally made Ondine understand what she had done wrong. Her smile threatened to widen as the blood-stained woman bit her lip, the blood beginning to well from her mouth.

Maude didn't know where Kjalarr was from, but where she was from, disobedience such as Ondine's was punishable by "maiming" worse than what Maude had done. A simple bite was only a part of the punishment in her home. She snorted at thought of a consequence, but said nothing.

Ondine spoke then, which only frustrated Maude more. She felt the hair on her spine rise as Ondine continued to ramble on, her anger bubbling to a point as she excused herself and limped off. She said nothing, knowing that it wouldn't make the situation any better. A rare moment of self control for the pirate wench, but only in the face of her Alpha would such a thing occur.

She looked towards Kjalarr, unnaturally silent and contemplative for a moment. Ye'd better start talkin' 'bout dis consequence now,
Maude identifies as female, but is physically male.

(She also swears like a (literal) sailor)