Stavanger Bay when it’s just you and me and the english channel
la llorona
Health - 0% (0/100)
483 Posts
Ooc — Moosebrawn
Major-league pp of Seelie. Let me know if I should change anything - for anyone.
The call of her mate was always a welcome one, whether or not it was meant for her. His voice was as beautiful as he was, and there were times when he howled that she felt she could truly see into his spirit.

Strong indeed. And his seed grew within her, the stirrings yet unnoticed but surer every day. Doe didn't know for certain that new life had quickened in her womb, but she certainly suspected. Her attachment to the pallid man only grew with these suspicions, and she felt nearer than ever to him and their inky girl. Life seemed perfect, despite the looming threat of the winter her children, if any, would be born into.

But she trusted in the man. And when he called her and bade her come, she came without question, ears merely quirking at the added voice of a child. She trusted him.

"Hail," she called when the three silhouettes came into view. Her pale mate and a darker child, certainly - she'd think it her own pack daughter if she'd not seen her just a moment before - and one other. One that looked rather familiar, even from this distance. "My Shadow!" she cried, recognizing the tufted ears and already knowing it could be no other. Doe leapt into a streaking run, her body bending and snapping in her zealous determination to more quickly reach her friend. The girl was dearer to her than any other - perhaps more than the pack daughter she'd just left.

The reunion was swift and joyous - Doe barrelled toward her friend but pulled her punch at the last second, so that their bodies met with a soft whumph rather than a violent wack! After this - and a brief exchange of happy whines and affectionate nibbles - Doe hopped back to her feet and shook herself off, her attention turning first to Szymon, on whom she bestowed a more reserved greeting that involved a cursory inspection of his person and two swift licks - one to his handsome face and one to an equally favored part of his body - and then, finally, to the dark child between them.

"Ai!" she cried at once, backing several steps away from the child that was not her pack daughter - but who certainly looked similar. Doe was aware that she often confused wolves with each other, but of this she was sure: The child now before her bore a striking resemblence to Quill. "Where did you get th - her?" she wondered aloud, attempting to calm herself even as she stared warily at the mirror-twin of her own daughter. Doppelganger - the word echoed darkly in her mind; but it was an old wives' tale. Nothing she should have to worry about here!
Messages In This Thread
RE: when it’s just you and me and the english channel - by Doe - September 06, 2016, 06:15 PM