Stavanger Bay when it’s just you and me and the english channel
la llorona
Health - 0% (0/100)
483 Posts
Ooc — Moosebrawn
She didn't; not truly. Although something about the young pup had immediately made her think of Quill, there were very striking differences between them. There really wasn't a way to mistake them for each other. Doe put it down to a trick of the light and offered the young girl a smile. Putting herself down on the child's level, she cocked her head and gazed intently at the strange youth her mate had brought to her. Doubt of her husband's words never crossed her heart; if he said that the Sea had led him, then Doe believed him. She could not, however, believe that the girl was meant to dwell with them here.

"Hello, angelfish," she said to the child, speaking gently this time. "Will you tell me your name? Mine is Doe."

She seemed a strong and boisterous girl - around the same age as Quill, though this one seemed larger and sturdier than her own child. Her liking for the little one grew, but the fact did not make her any more comfortable with allowing the foundling to remain in their land. Her love for Quill was absolute, and the presence of a bigger, stronger cub would lessen her chances at both survival and coming into her own. Doe hoped that the introduction of her own brood into the mix would give her found daughter a chance to grow into a stronger wolf. Playing the big sister had certainly helped Doe to gain her precocious nature, even if remaining small while the others grew had taken some of that away.

No, there was no way the girl could stay at Blackrock. Maybe she could visit, but Doe would not allow her daughter to be the smaller child on a daily basis. To Donnelaith, then, she thought, remembering a story from her youth. Her own mother, Hind, had been given into Riverbone's pack as a young girl. The alpha of her home pack had done so out of respect for Riverbone's father, who had been the alpha at that time. Perhaps such a gift could salvage the Depth's relationship with the woodland pack.
Messages In This Thread
RE: when it’s just you and me and the english channel - by Doe - September 13, 2016, 06:22 PM