Broken Antler Fen Cold Water
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Private 
Sebastian wasn't sure what the right way was of trying to find @Aviana. He would normally howl for her but perhaps him howling would scare her away even more. He got some feedback from Pearl, yet of course he knew the deeper extend of what happened. He didn't want to scare her so much. It had not been his intention. Perhaps his own pheromones were reminding her of him.

He decided to track her down. His nose to the ground as he tried to find a good scent for tracking. He followed the trail but it ended up being dead. He tracked it the wrong way, which sometimes happened. He turned around. This time he seemed to be in more luck, alas he hoped so. He wanted to make a mend with his sister.
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Aviana had gingerly made her way back into the territory after she and Pearl's conversation. The agouti female had great respect for her brother's mate, and looked forward to future conversations with her, especially since the last one had gone so well. But, that didn't mean she was ready to see Seb.

While she had come back into the pack lands, she had steered clear of the other members, and her brother. She simply wasn't ready to face him yet. Part of her said it was because of her fear of him that day, but deep down, Aviana knew better. It wasn't just that fear, it was feeling ashamed that she had it at all. Seb was her brother, her protector. He had never treated her with anything but kindness. How could she ever fear him, when he had simply shown some confidence? He wasn't aggressive at all, least of all towards her. Aviana feared he would disappointed that she had reacted the way she had.

And, so, though she remained in the boundaries of Broken Antler Fen, she had kept on the move. She stopped long enough to sleep, but as the sun rose, so did she. She had learned just about every inch of the territory, and had effectively not seen any of her pack mates. But, today, it seemed that would change.

She turned in time to see her brother, and paused, her gaze watching him. She almost would have let him pass, but she knew that would be the coward's way out. So, instead, she chuffed, announcing her position to him.
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian's ear turned to the female's chuff that sounded through the woods. Sebastian was quick to turn towards it, and there hiding in the bushes was Aviana. The male smiled kindly at her and instantly laid down, something that he normally wouldn't really do. The male wolf looked over her. "Aviana...," he spoke, almost a whisper because he didn't want to scare her again.

The grey male looked over her and let his ears fall back. "I'm sorry I scared you. I didn't think. I was too hyped with hormones. I am not him though. I would never do such a thing to you," he spoke, perhaps he wanted her to know this, hear it from him. He hoped that that would make her feel better.
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Seb turned quickly towards her, and Aviana hunched down a little in the bushes, her ears flattening on her head. Then she witnessed her brother laying down, his voice whispering her name. He began to explain, and she began to feel completely stupid for how she had run off. She rose from her spot and walked towards him. I know you wouldn't, she admitted aloud to him.

It was a little hard for her to explain to him, but she would try. It's just... Sometimes I have... triggers, I guess you could call them. Certain things that make me have flashbacks. When they happen, it's hard for me not to react. While it was true, and it was the reason she ran, it didn't explain why she didn't return. After I ran, I felt... guilty. I wasn't sure how you felt, and I was... ashamed that I reacted that way towards you. She had never intended to hurt his feelings. Pearl saw me outside the borders, and explained what was going on with you and her. It makes sense, she concurred with him, finally. 
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian nodded slowly. "I understand what triggers are, I had them myself when someone start about our father. Back in the day," he explained. He already had the feeling that he had been a trigger for his little sister, hence why he didn't think that it was her fault. "Don't worry Aviana. You don't have to find an excuse. I am so glad that you didn't stay in your fear and realized I would not hurt you," he spoke to her.

He looked over her with a calm look on his face. "You are going to be an aunt though," he spoke then, tail wagging a bit behind him. "Hopefully they won't be a trigger because we will raise them like a family, not like he did," he spoke with disgust. He crawled forward closer to her and tried to nudge her muzzle. "The most important part is if you will forgive me for scaring you so?"
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Seb graciously accepted her apology, understanding why she had ran from him. It seemed he, too, had triggers at one point about their father. Feeling a bit bold, she commented. I always wondered why you kept trying with him, she said softly. For Aviana, it was their mother who took care of them, feed them, protected them. The young hadn't even missed their father, for she couldn't miss what wasn't there. She had largely ignored him, feeling as though he was simply another pack mate. But, Seb seemed to take things a different way than she had.

I've always known you wouldn't hurt me, she responded. I just felt... guilty that I had treated you like you were going to. It was a flash reaction, and by the time I realized what happened, I was outside the territory, and I wasn't sure if you would be upset at my reaction. They had such a strong bond, and Aviana feared severing that because of her reaction. 

A smile brightened her features when Seb confirmed that she would be an Aunt. And you're going to be a DAD! she said excitedly, her tail wagging quickly behind her. I don't think they will be triggers, she said a little cautiously. I will be protective of them, but they won't remind me of things, she added. You're going to be a great Dad, Seb, she said pointedly. She fully believed that whatever had happened with their father, and the emotional scars they seemed to leave on Seb, he would not repeat those mistakes. He was not Burke. He was better.

She shook her head quickly at his request. There is nothing to forgive, Seb. You didn't do anything wrong, I promise. It was she that needed to learn to control her reactions when others reminded her of their Uncle. He was dead, he could never hurt her again, and Seb certainly wasn't anyone she had to be afraid of, no matter his body language. I know there will come a day that I'll be okay. It had to come. Living here, seeing how happy Seb and the others were- she wanted that. She didn't want to live in fear anymore.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian almost pouted like a little child when Aviana said that. "Because! Because I wanted a father. And he was amazing in my young puppy eyes and he never paid attention to me. He just ignored us, and mostly me. And I wanted to know why," Sebastian explained. It had been a long journey but if he did not have the need to meet his father Sebastian wondered if he would ever end up here. Curious.

"Aviana. You are good. I am glad that you are here and did not run off to anywhere else!," he spoke with a hum on his lips. Glad they were better again. He wouldn't want his sister roaming around and have something run into her that would make her even more skittish. Sebastian wanted her to be better, perhaps even find a mate of her own one day.

Sebastian's face beamed when Aviana was just as excited. The whole pack was excited. They would all care for the pups like a whole pack would. "I hope so... But I do think I will be a better dad than Burke," he admitted. "I'm glad. You can babysit them!! I am wondering how many. Pearl is so small. I wouldn't want her to have too many big babies because I am a giant," he admitted.

Sebastian was pleased to hear that everything was settled. The male gave her another lick and then smiled. "I think so too. And I will be standing right by you when that happens!"
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
She frowned when she heard the passion in his voice, and knew instantly she shouldn't have questioned the why's of what he had done concerning their father. I'm sorry, Seb. I didn't mean to dredge up the past. I guess... I guess I just never cared when it came to him, she replied. She understood, though, that he had wanted their father as someone to look up to, and that simply wasn't possible when he wasn't there.

She gave a humorless look to her brother. Like I have anywhere else to go, she pointed out. Then, she realized. Even if I did, this feels like home. I didn't, and don't, want to leave. She felt it important that he know that. Sure, she was loyal to the pack, but it went beyond that. She had been on her own for so long, and had never even hoped that she would feel like she did now, here, in this family. She felt at home.

He mentioned the bar that Burke had set as far as being a father went. I don't think you should compare yourself to him at all. Set your own standards, based on you, and what you want, and how you want to be with them. She feared if he focused more on their father and being better than him, he would loose sight of what this was all about- his sons and daughters. She frowned when she mentioned the size difference between he and Pearl. Maybe her body will adjust, she hoped aloud. She didn't know a thing when it came to genetics and what kind of pups Pearl would have. 

She returned her brother's lick, finding comfort in feeling that touch again. I hope so, she replied, and gave him a soft smile. She didn't know when that day would come, but she knew it would. It had to.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
OMG somehow I thought I replied to this!

Sebastian shook his head lightly when his sister apologized. The grey male didn't agree with what she was saying because she could bring up the past. He had not problem with it. "It is alright. Don't apologize. I found him and we talked. Even he was glad and surprised that Darius died. Apparently he came to these borders before he moved away permanently. I think he isn't even in the area anymore. He respected me for having a pack of my own, so that is something. He acknowledge me in the end. Or well he told Pearl this." It had been very important to know for Sebastian that his father had some respect for him, after all that was what he wanted. His approval. He was still not sure why.

Sebastian smiled at her comment. "Good. Your forever home will be with me then. We only have to locate Nathaniel, wherever he may be and we are almost a complete set again." Sebastian wondered where his brother was though he was probably just fine. He knew his brother. Perhaps he had a pack of his own too. Who knows. He was curious where he would have ended up though after their rather traumatic youth. "Luckily I am over comparing myself to him. I will be a better father than he is because I actually want to be a father. You should have seen when I started this pack. Only Aduin and me were the only males and then all the females went in heat. But I kept it in my pants because I wanted pups with a mate, and waited. I am very different from him. I only have his looks."

"I hope her body does, yes," he agreed on that matter and then started moving back to the fen. "I'm glad to see you are doing better though." Sebastian was really glad that perhaps these pups would give her even more of a purpose in this pack. She would be a great babysitter. She seemed very motherly and she was raised by their mother Dalia who had been so great and the best mother ever. Sebastian would always be a mommas boy.
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
No worries! <3

Her ears perked when Seb mentioned that their father had been here at one point, though he didn't think he was still in the area. It didn't matter much to Aviana either way, as she had no need in seeing him. But, she was glad that her brother seemed to get his closure. He would be blind not to see how much of a great leader you are, she said genuinely. She could see it herself, and she hoped that pulled some weight with him—to know that it wasn't just their father who commended him for coming here and starting a new family. 

Her tail wagged at the mention of Nathaniel. Do you think he came here, like you and Dad did? she asked. It would be fate if he had. To have both her brothers here would have made Aviana ecstatic. She couldn't help but chuckle when Seb worded how he refrained from mating with other females because he was holding out for a mate. He had always been bold-spoken, but she had never minded it. I'm glad you and Pearl have found each other. And that you two are making me an Aunt! she proclaimed with a broad smile. 

I'll try to gather some things for the birth, just so I can be prepared if anything does go wrong. If Pearl will be alright with it, I can be nearby. I mean, I don't have first hand experience with birthing, but I think I can try and figure out what might happen and try to prevent it, she explained. With a medical eye, she could think about everything that could go wrong, and try to prepare. She wouldn't tell Seb, though, not wanting him to worry. 

Her tail wagged again. Thank you, Seb, she said softly. She went down to her belly, stretching out in front of him. It was good to feel safe enough that she could do this. Usually she was tensed up, and curled up, waiting for someone to pounce that wasn't even there. But, right now, with him here, she could relax. She extended one leg towards him, attempting to touch him with it, just because.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian had to puff out his chest a bit when Aviana complimented his leadership skills. It had not been easy, definitely not in the beginning. But now he was more used to the responsibility that came with it. He smiled and nodded in thank you. He was glad that she would think that, and his father did too. So well, then it had to be true. He had some of his leadership skills perhaps. "Maybe? I don't know. I haven't seen him since I went to look for dad," he admitted and glanced at Aviana.

Hopefully their brother would find their way eventually towards them. Then they would have their family almost complete. "You are very welcome," he laughed, because it also marked basically the first time he ever had sex with was sort of funny to him. He had been really bad at it. Luckily for him he had a sweet mate who could laugh about it too. "Oh yes! Please do! I think Pearl wouldn't mind help. Though in her heat she was very different so do ask her too if she wants you around," he spoke to be sure. He didn't want an conflict between the two.

Sebastian sank playfully through his front legs when he stretched out in front of him. He let out a playful yip and jumped away from her touch to then bow down again and have his tail wag excitedly. Clearly now was the mood to play and strengthen their bond.
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Seb admitted he hadn’t seen Nathaniel, and Aviana did her best not to frown. Maybe he had stayed with the family pack, and was doing well there. I’m sure he’s fine, wherever he is, she said confidently. She briefly humored the notion of actually visiting come spring, since she knew their Uncle wouldn’t be there. But, with Pearl being pregnant, Aviana wanted to be here to help her through the birth, if she wished, and watch her nieces and nephews grow up. She supposed she could make a quick trip, but she wouldn’t bring it up just now. 

I’ll talk to her about it, make sure that she’s comfortable, she said. Every female was different, and for some, birthing was a very private thing. For others, they wanted the whole family around. Aviana would offer her support, knowing that she would be whatever Pearl needed her to be in that time.

Aviana was content to lie there and simply be with her brother, but it seemed Seb had other ideas. It seemed as soon as she touched him, he was moving away into a play bow. Aviana was not one to pass up on this, and so she righted herself, going into her own bow with a playful growl. Suddenly, she lurched towards him, as if she was going to barrel into him, but changed directions at the last moment and turned to run away. She glanced behind her to see if he would give chase.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian liked this type of easy-going play. He was readying himself for Aviana's impact but it never came. He watched her dodge him and run off. Ah, he should have known. The grey male let out a woof, amazed that she tricked him but also amused by it. The male chased after her, but not with the intend of hunting her down. He was playful in his mannerisms.

The large male laughed as he had a lot of fun in this playful moment with this sister. He really felt like this was a god moment for the both of them. Soon their family would be even bigger with god knows how many pups pearl would give birth to. They needed a strong bond.

Fade after your post? :D If you want to fade it here you can archive it!