Blackfeather Woods Lest We Forget
Matthew 5:44
101 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Joining 
Common sense had begun to sink in, and Emma knew that no matter her skills, she was in a new land and if she were to survive at all, she would need to find a pack. It seemed that she wouldn't have the burden of searching for long - the thick layer of new aromas alerted her that others were near. By the most potent, she knew that it was a pack, and she was near their territory.
She skulked around the border for a moment, examining the harsh darkness that sat above her, listening to the caws of fowl, before shaking her head and letting out a short chuckle. Now this was a place she could call home. She tilted her head back in one swift movement and resolved to release a call for any who listened. Never forgetting her home training, she quickly adjusted herself much lower to the ground, so as to properly greet the land's superiors.
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian
Heyy! :D
I must apologize in advance in case I'm too slow with replies!
Weekdays are not the best time for me to post, but I will try my best not to hold this thread up. Joining threads are my priority!

As the days grew colder it became more apparent that Blackfeather Woods had its hands full with all the new lives they had to take care of. Damien needed hunters, guardians, caretakers; but still there would always be his issue with trusting strangers as to give them access to his home.

The call was effective, catching Damien midway through his journey back to the heart of Blackfeather Woods from his rounds. He halted in his tracks, lifted his head to hear the voice clearly and wasted no time to find his way back to the edge of his land. There he found a female of impressive size and stature. Damien's hide bristled in an involuntary reaction, and his tail rose above him in signal of dominance despite the female's already submissive stance. Pale eyes stared, prompting the loner to explain the reason behind her call. Damien wasn't one to talk much, and for the looks of it there wouldn't need much inquiry for him to find out what he already suspected the female wanted.
[Image: Q3CYoOl.png]
101 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Almost immediately, she was greeted in silence by who she suspected to be the superior of the land. She cleared her throat and lifted her head, so as to see him, but kept her body low and her tail at a gentle sway. I'm Emélie, she said, I'm new to these lands, and I am in need of a pack. Though I haven't been traditionally taught, I'm able to serve you as a skilled warrior, should you have me. Although her mother was a loner upon Emma's birth, she was still experienced in combat and made sure to teach her daughter well. It had been years since her last actual lesson, but she'd never stopped honing her skills - whether it be against prey or another of her own kind.
I'm willing to do what you ask of me under any circumstance. This was also true. While she would prefer to stray away from bringing harm to children or elders, if she was commanded to do so, she wouldn't hesitate. She was loyal and devoted, and she let nothing get in the way of that.
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian
It didn't take long for the loner to understand what Damien was requesting in his silence. She was quick to open her case and explain to the dark master that she was in need of a pack, just like Damien expected, and assured him she could serve as a warrior. Warrior was not a term used quite often, and to him that translated into assassin potential. That he could work with.

"We are not a common pack," he noted, believing it a crucial aspect for a joiner to know. "You will be tested, not just for your physical abilities," he warned, "But should you succeed to impress us, should you earn our respect you will never suffer hunger or loneliness ever again. Blackfeather Woods is a family, a loyal one," he added wholeheartedly. "Are you up for the challenge?" he offered, looking intensely into the beast's brown eyes.
101 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
No matter how difficult it was, Emma was never one to turn down a challenge. She looked at the male for a moment before looking back down to the ground. I have yet to turn one down. Although she wanted to release her infamous laugh, she knew that this wasn't the moment to do so. Still, the excitement of a new task, a new commander, a new home - it was enough to push her giddy. So, to keep her sharp smirk hidden, she pushed her face even lower. I am loyal to every command.
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian
Well, this was quicker than I expected! lmao
Welcome to Blackfeather Woods! :D
This will be my last post, you can reply once more and archive the thread yourself!

Fortunately for Emelie, Damien did not notice the amusement in her face. But he did notice that she meant her words. He would be the judge of the disposition she claimed to have for Blackfeather Woods, and should she succeed to please him and his council, she would have gained access to become.

"Very well, then," said Damien with a warmer tone, "Damien is my name, I am the master of this pack. There is a council of wolves, not superior to me, whose commands you must obey," he explained and turned to show Emelie the way to the heart of Blackfeather Woods. Listener, Speaker and Silencer, each one of the council members would explain the newcomer every aspect of Blackfeather Woods' way of life, but the Tyro had to show interest and be the one to ask.