Two Rivers Isle One extra lesson
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
@Vassago Fighting thread? I need it for mah trades! :D

Burke hadn't really liked that Vassago had ran off from him. The boy seemed stupid and stubborn in his own way. He slowly reminded himself that he was exactly like his son, or technically the other way around. Perhaps he could help the young one at least with some defensive fighting. So Burke howled for him. Before their home was a perfect clearing that could be used for such trainings. Burke liked to transfer his knowledge to his sons, both of his sons. If Pyro would be around then perhaps he could join too, though Burke was not sure if the dark colored pup had a feeling for fighting.
[Image: 141skqx.png]
Guardian, Mentor and Therapist
A Journey Only Just Begun
209 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
Away
While Vass still wasn't happy with his father, he came at the call - he'd long forgotten that he wanted to ignore the older male. Padding into the clearing, the cream-bellied boy flashed a smile, but didn't speak. Burke had called him, and Burke could tell him what he called him for.
Follow The Tracks I Lost Long Ago

1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke watched his son appear and nodded to him in greeting, at least he gotten a smile back in return. The older male sat down before his son, who was now a few months old. Soon they would be yearlings already. Burke licked his lips. "I wanted to do some more defensive fighting. Tell me what you already know," he spoke to the pup, trying to see what still needed to be done. Burke couldn't really remember that well what he had done with the pup before. All the pup lessons sort of blurred in his mind.
209 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
Away
They didn't talk about it, much to the relief of Vassago. He didn't want to deal with it - and Burke apparently already had plans, sitting down across from his son and talking about defense. Vass hadn't learned anything about defence, not yet - he'd been focusing on attack. In fact, he didn't even know what defence was. Just the fact that it was a type of fighting, however, captured his attention. 

"De-what?"

1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
OMG I FORGOT ABOUT THIS! sorry!!!!

Burke cleared his throat. "Come on, Vassago. Defense! You know this. We did some dodging before!," he scolded his son lightly. He had trained his son before, and today was no exception. Perhaps it was his mind confusing trainings sessions with Damien.... No, he wouldn't confuse them right? That was absurd! The male looked at his son. "Where you jumped away from my attacks? Do you remember? Now you need to learn how to do some defense fighting."
209 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
Away
At Burke's scolding, Vass grumbled - but he did not protest. Now that the grey male mentioned it, yeah - he did remember a little bit of the dodging they'd done when he was younger. Shrugging a shoulder nonchalantly, he felt his skin heat in embarrassment. He kept his face a mask of pride and dignity - but maybe he was trying a little too hard, squinting and pressing his lips into a hard line as his mentor went on - Nodding to show he understood, Vass was silent but kept his yellow eyes on his father.

1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke let out a snort when the boy seemed to remember. Good. Because he would have whooped his ass if he hadn't. "Glad you have a brain," he spoke and then stood before the brown colored pup. He looked over him for a moment. "Alright so someone comes charging at you in a fight. What would you do?," he asked. "You can't dodge." Burke wanted him to think about this scenario. Maybe he already have a bit of an idea how to fight and win a fight.
209 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
Away
Vass growled a little louder this time, voicing his displeasure at Burke's rough words - they didn't hurt, they just pissed him off. Of COURSE he had a brain! His frustration affected his answer - he opened his mouth to respond "dodge it" but then Burke cut him off - well heck. He paused, frowning and furrowing his brow, thinking before asking a question in return.

"Who's bigger? Cause if its me, I can rear up and crash down with my weight - but if he's bigger...."

Stumped, Vassago gave up and looked to his father for the answer - what WAS he supposed to do?

1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke instantly shook his head. "No," he spoke shortly. "If you rear up then you expose the underside of your neck, your soft belly and not entirely unimportant but you will expose your little friend down there too," he pointed out. Hopefully Vassago would know what he meant with that because he really wanted to do the whole sex thing later. "So never do that," he explained.

"The word you are looking for is, block and counter attack," he explained to the pup. "With the block there will be a hit but you want it where it has the least impact," he continued, seeing if Vassago understood.
209 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
Away
His father corrected him swiftly, giving him the correct answer - his comment of a "little friend" brought his brows furrowing, and he tipped his masked head. He knew he had dangly bits back there that were sensitive, but he'd never actually called it anything.

"My what?"

Shaking his head, Vassago nodded to show he understood what Burke was teaching him - block and counter. It was all about taking a hit where it effected him the least - the counter attack, of course, was one thing Vass knew very well. The chesnut boy nodded again to his father to show he understood, but in the back of his mind still wondered what the hell a "little friend" was.

1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke let out a soft snort. "Vassago, focus. You know the soft underside of your belly is weak and easily a target," he spoke, trying to get the topic back on track. Burke really didn't feel like explaining even more to Vassago but then about sex. He was the last person to do that seeing he had such a horrible track record with females. He was not a good example at all.

The grey male watched his son. "Did you get that? You will need to block," he repeated. Now he would have to practice that with Vassago if he wanted to be better.
209 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
Away
Burke scolded him for the question, and Vass grumbled, but didn't push further. His attention was fully on the lesson, now, even if he'd wonder again about a "little friend" later.... Maybe to someone else. Dad didn't know either, perhaps?

"Yeah, yeah, I'm listening. My belly is weak. I have to block."

1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke looked down at Vassago and let out a sigh. "You don't have to listen to my lessons if you don't want to, boy,"he spoke a bit grimly not liking his attitude. He was not sure what changed. He had hoped that they would get along better like this, perhaps because Vassago was becoming more of a teenager. "Lets just leave it with this today and continue another day. I really don't feel like treating you something if you don't want to learn," he lightly groaned. He reminded himself mentally that he was really too old for raising children.
209 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
Away
Vassago's face fell at the sudden turn of events and he let out an indignant wail. 

"I want to!"

But Burke called it quits, and Vassago stomped a paw before turning and haring away into the trees. He could go practice on his own for a while, at least, and hone the skills he already knows.