Golden Glade A Rose By Any Other Name
343 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
@Rose <3

Aspen lay resting her eyes though never resting these days, between feeding and groooming the puppies and listening to their helpless cries the Queen often found herself restless in times of peace. Worrying something was wrong for them to be so quiet and yet ever complaining when they cried. 

Aspen sighed softly and stirred careful not to lay on or wake any of her children glancing at them as the rested. Boy they sure were cute when they were sleeping. She was a proud mother of four beatiful children and she couldn't be happier. Heartha had been right, there was nothing for the silver mother to worry about, her motherly instincts had kicked in the second the first one was born into this world. Something just took over and she knew right away what needed to be done.

Encouraging them to eat and grooming them so that they would go to the washroom and keeping them warm so that they didn't freeze. This was her life now and she wouldn't wish it any other way.
~ Until you're broken, you don't know what you're made of. It gives you the ability to build yourself all over again, but stronger than ever. ~
fire queen
271 Posts
Ooc — Kara
The world was nothing but darkness to the russet girl that lay snuggled next to her mother's side. Dreams were something that she could not yet comprehend but they were there nonetheless. As she slept her feet would twitch every now then and has her mind dove deeper into a world she did not yet understand, the girl continued to stir by her siblings.

Yet with dreams came nightmares and while they were incomprehensible to the young girl, they still jolted her awake just as they did with every other victim they tormented. Her breaths came out in heavy gasps and she instinctively let out a cry for her mother, who she believed with all her heart could make the fright go away.
i'm the architect of my own destruction
343 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Aspen's ears twitched alertly as one of the pups was awoken, Aspen worried that she had been the one to wake the child hearing it let out a cry. Though that cry was not one that signaled food or tired or anything like that. It was a cry of fear. The pup was out of breathe too and immediately the queen picked up the russet girl and brought her close to the silver queens paws where she softly licked the girl.

Could it be possible that like the queen herself this pup was prone to nightmares. That had been what woke the poor soul. Aspen licked the girl again and began to whisper to the child. She knew the child could not hear her but she spoke anyways. "There there my beautiful child, it is okay, let not the monsters of the night scare you for I am here to protect you from them," she said calmly resting her head by the little girl. 

"A rose by any other name just as sweet," she stated smiling softly. The perfect name for the perfect child she thought to herself.
~ Until you're broken, you don't know what you're made of. It gives you the ability to build yourself all over again, but stronger than ever. ~
fire queen
271 Posts
Ooc — Kara
The closeness of her mother instantly caused a wave of security to wash over the girl and the licks only soothed her further. The warmth her mother provided alone was enough to cause the babe to let out tiny purs of pleasure and whatever nightmares had plagued her mind before were forgotten in that moment. While she was still unable to hear, the vibrations of her mom's voice was enough to pull the girl towards the pale woman's muzzle. And after some tiring wiggling, Rose lifted her blob of a head off the ground in search of the voice that had drew her near.
343 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Aspen watched as the little blob moved feeling the vibrations of her voice and Aspen smiled warmly. Seems the russet girl liked the sound of the silver mothers voice. She thought for a moment before words flowed of her tongue like poetry.

"Fear not my precious girl,
 For the angels are watching over you,
 Let your eyes shine bright like pearls,
 And as clear as the sky is blue,
 Fear not my precious girl,
 For the angels are watching over you.
"

She hummed quietly liking the words and repeating the poem several times softly in an attempt to coax the girl back into the land of sleep. She looked up at the sky as she said the last one praying the words to be true and to let the girl be free of nightmares for the rest of the night.
fire queen
271 Posts
Ooc — Kara
The voice returned and wrapped around the russet girl like a blanket. She gave a squeak, not one of fear but of happiness and did her best to snuggle up to her mother. The warmth surrounded her and slowly Rose began to doze off, a yawn giving away her exhaustion. She didn't fight as sleep took hold off her, no longer afraid of the nightmares that haunted her. So with a final readjustment to get comfortable, the girl returned to her slumber with a smile upon her lips.
343 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
The silver queen smiled softly as the russet girl gave off a happy squeak and then yawned. Seems whatever had made her so fearful wasn't bothering her anymore. The little girl snuggled close to the queen and fell back into the land of sleep and Aspen licked the little pups head before she too dozed off.