Larksong Grotto today i finally let go of your infantry
i will pry his bony fingers free
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
it was unusual to see the bright child so dull, so spiritless. as the wind whipped about her she didn't even pull herself close for comfort; instead she watched the clouds, heavy in their grey monotony, slowly rumble across the horizon.

her refuge was punctured by the crunch of leaves underfoot -- indra's deep honey gaze slid up the rotten walls of the root, up to the dark legs of her father. there was no spark of joy, no wag of a tail - instead, something about her seemed guarded. defensive.

indra may have lacked laurel's impetus, but she did not lack her flair for the dramatic. she sighed as if reek's question was absurd; from her perspective, it was. "everything." she said sourly, placing her head on her paws. "you've replaced us." her voice cracked and a fissure ripped across her apathetic composure and exposed the raw melancholy and vulnerability inside of her.
now the wren has gone to roost and the sky is turning gold,
and like the sky, my soul is also turning.
Messages In This Thread
today i finally let go of your infantry - by Indra - October 21, 2016, 12:01 PM
RE: today i finally let go of your infantry - by Reek - October 21, 2016, 10:02 PM
RE: today i finally let go of your infantry - by Indra - October 28, 2016, 07:59 PM
RE: today i finally let go of your infantry - by Reek - October 31, 2016, 09:06 AM
RE: today i finally let go of your infantry - by Indra - November 01, 2016, 06:28 PM
RE: today i finally let go of your infantry - by Reek - November 04, 2016, 10:20 PM
RE: today i finally let go of your infantry - by Indra - November 06, 2016, 02:38 PM
RE: today i finally let go of your infantry - by Reek - November 17, 2016, 04:27 PM