Stone Circle Let's go back to the start
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Steady wasn't generally one to hide his feelings. He felt with his whole heart and soul, and something like that was not easily squashed. And, so, it was no surprise to himself that tears would begin to well up in his eyes, and begin to overflow as the pups looked to him for confirmation. But, he wasn't just crying for them, or Althaia. he was finally mourning the loss of Niita and Ezekiel, as well. It had been easier to push back those feelings, as patrols and protecting the pack gave him something to focus on. But, here, in front of tiny eyes that held confusion, and a trust in him, he could no longer ignore it. 

He nodded slowly. Yes, she's gone, he confirmed, his voice low and soft. He moved his head to reach for Nikai. He was trying to comfort his sister, but Steady knew he would need it, as well. He moved to Keoni then, trying to give her a warmth that was now missing from her life. 

While he had just delivered some very bad news, Steady knew there were technical things that needed to be dealt with. Like, who would care for the pups and where they would stay. Steady always felt the responsibility was on him, since he had taken Althaia and her pups into this home, and considered them family. Would you two like to come sleep in my den? he asked softly. Should they refuse, he would simply remain here. As he had the den all to himself, it didn't much matter to him where he slept. 
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.

Messages In This Thread
Let's go back to the start - by Keoni - October 31, 2016, 03:54 PM
RE: Let's go back to the start - by Steady - October 31, 2016, 04:13 PM
RE: Let's go back to the start - by Keoni - October 31, 2016, 04:21 PM
RE: Let's go back to the start - by Nikai - October 31, 2016, 06:02 PM
RE: Let's go back to the start - by Steady - October 31, 2016, 07:33 PM
RE: Let's go back to the start - by Keoni - October 31, 2016, 07:54 PM
RE: Let's go back to the start - by Nikai - November 01, 2016, 03:31 AM
RE: Let's go back to the start - by Steady - November 04, 2016, 07:04 AM
RE: Let's go back to the start - by Keoni - November 04, 2016, 08:02 AM
RE: Let's go back to the start - by Nikai - November 05, 2016, 02:33 PM
RE: Let's go back to the start - by Steady - November 11, 2016, 09:04 PM