Blackfeather Woods kiss ass.
Matthew 5:44
101 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Private 
Emma sniffed around the territory, careful to pick out each scent dusted onto the cold ground. Since her return, she'd been careful to keep to herself, though she was vigilant enough to notice the new face within the Woods; a male in shades of obsidian with a stature similar to her own, though obviously younger. 
Emèlie prided herself in her hospitality, and thought it common courtesy to greet the unfamiliar male. Get a feel for his standing within the pack and his future place, should he have one. Perhaps the praise of her superiors had gone a bit to her head, but Emma didn't seem to notice. To her, it was only important that her hard work hadn't gone unrecognized.
Turning her head upwards toward the sky, Emèlie whipped out a strong call for the male's presence. An introduction was in order.
447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Dakarai had been wandering as he always seemed to be doing when a voice called for his presence. confusion in his gaze he padded toward the area where the call came from,stopping at a respectful distance from the woman. "you called for my presence?" he asked, the deep timbre of his voice kept gentle. Sitting down he kept his eyes on the female, wary and muscles ready incase she were to lunge for him.
101 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
I just thought, Emèlie began as the male sat down, that it'd be nice to properly introduce myself. I'm Emèlie, and you are? She stared hard into his eyes, partially to retort his message of defense but equally to let him know that she meant no harm. The encounter was innocent and that's how it would remain unless he gave her a reason to behave otherwise.
Ye got any trades? Tricks up yer sleeve? Emèlie corked her head about, ready to hear his response, but remained standing with her stance at attention.
447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
"Dakarai. Its nice to meet you. I just joined, got accepted by Damien" He said meeting her gaze head on. He would't look away unless she stated that she was of higher rank. Until then they were equal, and he wasn't submitting. A slight curve formed in his lips "Lovely name. No I have no Trades, though I am thinking of going for something to do with protecting and fighting,as that is something im good at" he said, his tone converational. "how about you? Trades i mean." He asked, his gaze showing interest. He always liked to get to know a person, it couldn't hurt.
101 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
So far, so good. Emèlie liked the male's persistence. I'm training as an assassin. Seems like death is my specialty. A smile pinched at the corners of her mouth as she too took a seat, careful to keep her eyes on Dakarai with every move she made. No matter how safe he seemed, Emma wasn't one to be caught off gaurd.
You gotta story? Most don't just end up in a place like this. I'm here because my mother fucked me up, my son is here because I fucked him up, so how about you? Though she hadn't yet spoken with her son, she'd seen him wandering the woods on more than one occasion. She'd have words for Lennox (he should know it was bad manners to ignore your mother) but in that moment her main concern was Dakarai's response.
447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Dakarai had already explained his story to one wolf, and for somereason did not feel like diving into those emotion again. At least not for a while, so he gave her a summary "My mom was a whore, gave birth to me, i had to literally fight and kill for respect, became the alphas attack dog, fell deep in love with a loner, which was against the rules, she ended up getting murdered and as far as i know so did my children. The alpha killed them, so i killed the alpha, and left the pack that both made and destroyed me" he said, rushing througj it with as little expression as possible. He stared directly at the dirt as he spoke.
101 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Huh. I knew it. It's always the mothers. Though to Emèlie it was obvious that he didn't want to share, she didn't necessarily feel for the kid. He'd made it this far, so what was there to feel bad about? It almost brought a pang of resentment to the back of her throat -- this felt like nothing but self-pity from him. She was careful to keep it hidden, however, for maybe her prejudgments were wrong.
447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
"Not aways im sure. He said shrugging it off. History was history and it did nothing for him to reminisce in the past. "I'd be happy to do some mutual training for a trade if you ever need someone" he offered, quickly changing the subject as he thought he noticed something in Emelie's eyes after he had given a summary of his history. Looking around awkwardly he gave her a sheepish smile "Sorry if it seems i am too eager, i have not had a good fight in a while" he apologized. he was ashamed of his urge to be fighting, as he turned into a cruel and merciless beast once he began. He wanted nobody to see him that way, but he didn't know how much longer he could last without releasing some of his pent up rage.
101 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
That can be arranged, Emèlie assured him, I'm always up for some friendly sparring. Just how good are ya then? Emma didn't exactly look like the most benevolent of creatures, so any wolf willing to take her on must've had serious skill or some pretty big cojones. Or, if you want, my kid could use some work too. He's in your age group, so maybe you'd prefer to take him on. His name's Lennox. 
In Emma's eyes, Lennox had fallen to waste. He'd had the most potential of him and his brother and no matter how much Emma adored Remy, she'd always had big plans for her eldest. To see that he'd let himself go like this -- no skills, no mate -- disgusted her immeasurably.
447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
She asked his skill level and he smiled "I do my best in every fight. I sometimes fight dirty" He admitted with a sly smile on his face though that quickly went away as she offered her son up for sparring as well "I would like that. The offr still remains for you though, im not afraid to take on a woman" He said jokingly, electrical blue eyes glinting with mischief for a moment.
101 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Emma was intrigued. The kid seemed quite confident in himself to have spoken to her in such a manner. Oh no, doll,, Emma replied, I didn't ask if you had an aversion to fighting women, it's just not everyday that I get a wolf willing to fight me. And you don't have to worry about fighting dirty; I'll do whatever I have to if it means I win.
With that, her raging rumble was released -- both a motherly sound and one of immense threat. If Dakarai was ready for the challenge, then she wouldn't back down, but for now, she needed rest. Come find me in a bit and I'd be glad to spar. Right now, I have other things to attend to. With a quick swish of her tail and a swivel of her ears, Emma gave a kind nod and made her way back to her den.
447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Archiving!

Dakarai's eyes widened for a moment as he listened to Emelie's words, the tone both soft and threatening at once. He blinked and allowed a slight smile to appear on his maw, the corners curling up. The woman's words made him wary, for perhaps she fought ruthlessly. Maybe he would be a fool to take on this woman? Dakarai's eyes darkened for a moment as he conceded that no, he would look like a coward if he turned down the offer now after sounding so eager to fight. "As you wish. It was nice meeting you" He said as she turned her back to him and walked away. He sat down on the ground and chuckled softly. What had he gotten himself into?