Redhawk Caldera I'd be prepared to lose a few with you.
A cheap trick and a cheesy one-liner
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador
All Welcome 
It wasn't like they had promised for meet up in the days or weeks after but still - when Stark's wandering had brought him near a land that smelled decidedly like Perry he had stopped by. Unaware of the recent events the dark Alpha didn't summon the man - not that he could have anyways, instead just lingered a respectable distance from the borders. He'd felt invigorated after their encounter, body lit up and his spirits lifted from the fog that death had laid out on him. He didn't miss Octavia any less, but, he didn't ache every second of the day either. 

Perhaps just screwing around was enough of a distraction, although his hopeless wandering didn't leave him much direction either. Death was a funny thing. It didn't help matters, and the living couldn't very well lean on the dead. Relationships had to be formed with the wolves present, and at present, the midday sun had peaked over the Caldera and Stark just admired the land. He wasn't imposing, just visiting, and he was relaxed in his stature and stance. Pride still filled his body and he was no wilted loner - even if Perry didn't find him there, some good could come from the encounter no doubt. 
i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.
[Image: gamekeeper.gif] 3/5
incautious red wrecking ball amwelles · amwelles
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
Assuming this takes place after the Kaizer thread... even though I don't know the outcome, lol.

Fox had decided that patrolling was the best way to deal with her loss. It wore her out, and when she finally came home for the evening, she could rest. Physical exhaustion was a powerful thing, and it almost kept her mind off of Peregrine's death. Almost.

She would still roll over to greet him every time she woke, and she often felt at a loss, but it was starting to sink in. He would not be coming back. If Shrike was still around, she had avoided him. She was not sure if Elwood had convinced him to stay, nor was she sure if she wanted Shrike to stay, seeing her like that. But that was who she was. Impulsive, hot-headed, and sometimes downright mean. Only her children, the Firebirds, had ever managed to get around that.

Somebody lingered near her home ahead, and Fox immediately went on the defensive. Her tail arched over her back, and her gaze was scrutinizing. He wasn't immediately threatening, but she had lost trust in strangers long ago. "You aren't a loner," she gathered from the thick scent of wolves upon him. "What are you doing here?" It occurred to her that maybe he had news of Finley or her missing child, but she kept that info to herself for now, allowing him to explain himself.
Pregnancy timeline (RHC members only)
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador
He didn't have to sit long, that awkward part of waiting escaping him where the average thoughts could run rampant. Instead he was intercepted by a female of a brilliant color - his thoughts shifting to Pepper, immediately. He did miss her. He hated to admit it but he did. There was too much loss in him lately. He cracked a smile when she stated the obvious; no he didn't lack for followers of his claim. "Just a social call," Stark assured her, though it was all too easy to say something like that and not actually mean it. 

"I caught wind of a friend and was just stopping by, I didn't want to impose though. Perry wasn't expecting me or anything."  Stark explained, giving a shrug of his broad shoulders. He hadn't planned their next little venture - though he certainly wouldn't have minded. "I'm Stark, I lead Marauder's Keep." Maybe properly introducing himself would make her feel less on edge by his presence, but, he wouldn't expect any particular behavior .  
i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.
813 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Gannet felt worse than he had in a long time, maybe worse than ever.  He tried not to let it drag him down, focused on instead bringing a smile or two to his mom and Whip, but every time he thought about it, or passed a spot they used to play, it was like a kick to the gut and all the air left him.  

And it left him somewhat angry.  Not at mom, not at Whip, but moreso at whatever decided dad didn't get to stay longer.  That Peter didn't get to stay longer.  It wasn't an anger he turned in unhealthy directions, but it was one that stemmed from sorrow and from things he couldn't control.

He was feeling particularly down after stumbling on the apple tree earlier that day, and so he went naturally to find his mom, hoping to find some comfort.  Instead he found something perhaps better; a stranger, standing in front of his mom.  A large male.  He didn't know why, but suddenly his anger was at the forefront, and with nothing more than a growl he took a running charge towards the guy.  Fox didn't seem eager to fight, but inexplicably, Gannet was.
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
He cracked a smile, but Fox couldn't bring herself to return it. There was still too much loss. When he mentioned Peregrine's moniker, she felt her heart sink. "Peregrine's dead," she replied, still hating the way it sounded out loud. But he had mentioned his name, that he was a leader, and the name of his pack. That piqued her interest more than anything, and all over again, Fox was sizing up a stranger on her borders.

The crackling of footsteps caught her attention then, and Fox turned her head to see Gannet running at full force toward them. Had he gone mad like his brother, Ferret. Fox didn't know, nor did she have time to ask. Instead, she threw herself in front of Gannet and shot him a warning growl, tail raised and hackles on end. He would have to get through her if he wanted to attack Stark.
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador
If trying to reassure her, apparently mentioning her now deceased mate wasn't the good way to do so. Starks eyes went wide, the blue flashing a bit as shock took over. It was a week, maybe two, since he had seen the male and he couldn't believe it. Maybe everything he fucked died. Maybe that was the trick. Octavia was gone, now Peregrine and Stark was left to put two and two together. "Fuckin' hell, I'm so sorry... " before he could blurt any more awkward apologies to the woman another wolf approached and this one threw himself into a sprint. 

Stark wouldn't draw blood on another packs borders but he braced himself, prepared to defend himself if need be. The woman threw herself between the two males, the growl in her throat a promise of her own wrath if the juvenile didn't figure it out himself. Behind Fox Stark bristled, making no other moves save to prepare should the warning from the female be ignored. 
813 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
He was not expecting that.  He shouldn't be here, so why was his mom defending the stranger?  Gannet was determined that he would protect this place now that dad wasn't around, even if his mom wouldn't.  So he scrabbled at the ground, turning in an attempt to duck around her.  She would have to stop him by force.
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
Gannet was still young, and his moves were predictable, she saw his eyes dart around her, and Fox saw that he was not slowing down. At all. He was taller than her, but he lacked the bulk and skill of a fully-grown adult. Fox leapt forward, crashing into her son and bowling him over. Once their tumble came to a halt, she was on top of him, teeth bared in his face, though she would do him no harm.

"He poses no threat," she growled, "I do not need to lose another son today, Gannet." If he sought to fight a much older, much wiser, much stronger wolf, that was exactly what would happen. "You can stay, but only if you behave." Fox eased off of him, her expression softening from angry to stern. Her tail lashed behind her, and she kept eye-contact with him until she was sure he understood.
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador
He didn't interfere. He saw the boys body language, saw the attempted shift from one side to the next of trying to get around her but then, she did too. She was atop the boy -her son, as it was- within moments and Stark was a silent watcher. He wouldn't assure the child beyond what his mother had of his intentions -he meant no harm in his visit at all. Stark took a couple steps back, yielding a bit of ground as a peace offering to the boy. Maybe that would calm his flighty nerves some. 
813 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
he'll lurk for a bit!

He thought he had it, but really he had no chance.  Fox slammed him down with little ceremony, and instantly the pale youth submitted, ears tucking back as he looked at her with pure hurt.  Why was she letting a stranger close? They couldn't trust them.

He didn't say anything in response to her, but he wasn't about to leave her here alone, regardless of her preferences.  So he slunk back a bit after he was let up, mistrustful gaze still on the stranger.  If he tried anything, it would be time for go two.
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
Fox loved her children dearly, but she knew that sometimes they needed to be put in their place. She had failed to do so with Ferret after the loss of Peter, and she blamed herself for his devolvement into wickedness. Gannet was her child, but he was also her subordinate, and he would need to remember that as he got older if he planned to stick around. He had yielded easily enough, and Fox stepped back, allowing him space and the ability to move back from them.

Stark had also taken a step back, she realized, when she turned her attention to him. "Excuse Gannet. He's still young and... reeling from the loss of his father." Who wasn't in turmoil after Peregrine's death. Fox had begun to worry that keeping the caldera together was going to be more of a chore than she had anticipated. Peregrine had been her rock, and she had expected somebody else to step into his place, but... she wasn't even sure that would save them.

"How do—did you know Peregrine?" she asked, wincing as she changed tenses mid-sentence. Fox was, of course, completely unaware that Peregrine had gone off on a fuck buddy adventure weeks prior.
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador
Stark watched the scene unfurl before him , staying passive and allowing the pack wolves to scramble against themselves. It was evident that the woman was the leader here, a thing he admired, and from there he could make the connection - it was most likely that Gannet was hers. "It's hard to stay logical." Stark said knowingly, giving a soft sigh. "I know I was a wreck when my mother passed...when my partner did, too." Stark disliked to admit it but he was willing to show a bit of weakness for a struggling child. 

His ears perked at the question posed to him and Stark wasn't going to just blurt out the real truth if the matter. "We had just met, he seemed like a really cool guy." Stark offered lamely - he certainly wasn't going to tell the woman that her mate had fucked him. It hardly seemed proper, after all. "I'm really sorry for your loss." 
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
Sorry this took so long, I didn’t realize I was supposed to skip Gannet. :P

Fox didn’t let her attention fully swing away from Gannet, though she didn’t ignore Stark, either. Her tail twitched when he explained that both his mother and his partner had passed. Did he mean mate? She wasn’t sure, but she didn’t pry. It was a surprising display of empathy for the otherwise thoughtless Redhawk. ”Thank you,” was all she could muster in response. There wasn’t much else she could say that hadn’t already been said.

”Is there anything else I can do for you?” Going about her day as business-like as usual might have been the only thing keeping her from losing her mind completely, so she stuck to that as best as she could.
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador
It's all good, I've been killed with work the last couple weeks anyways!

Stark gave a nod as she offered her gratitude - although he didn't really feel like he'd done anything to earn it. Loss was horrific, it changed everything, drastic and rough and monstrous it was a natural if unfair part of life. Stark pressed his lips together, a thin line over his teeth until he could feel them digging into the tender flesh of his cheek. "No, ma'am." He said quietly. "I didn't mean to intrude - hopefully you'll all find peace." What else could he hope for them? They wouldn't have him back, they wouldn't just forget about it - it was only peace that he could hope for them. 

Stark offered a nod of the head to both woman and near-grown child, maybe even around the same age as Tambourine, if not just a little older, before he returned to his wandering and eventually made his way back to the Keep. 
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
Fox nodded at his words, bidding him a silent farewell as she watched him disappear into the wilds. When she was sure the coast was clear, she beckoned Gannet to turn inward, back toward their home. She was done scolding him verbally, but there would be plenty of hard looks to make sure he knew that what he had done was unacceptable.