Sunbeam Lair Rainmaking
A dragon will never bow down
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Not a second went by during which the mother was not watching her eldest, fascinated by the potential discovery. She had heard tales of other dragons taking vessels, but never had they dared to claim a Draconid—in the past, that is. Now, however, with Draco’s descendants so far from home and residing within the lair of another beast, one had gotten ballsy. To bear witness to something of the sort occurring back home would have sent the elders into shock, but Asterr could not find it within herself to be worried. A deal had been made with Zennyo Ryūō long ago so that he might protect the lair and tribe alike, and so she doubted that he might ever bring harm to her daughter. It helped, too, that there existed no bad blood between him and Draco, whose opinion mattered most of all. He remained present, attentive, but also assertive; though the mighty dragon had accepted the presence of another, it was important that he always made it clear just which of them ruled over the other. The way in which the Chieftess held herself—head high and muzzle pointed downwards—reflected the will of her shared soul, whether she’d even realized it or not.

A glance had been cast in the direction that Airi had gestured towards, but it had not remained there for very long at all. Instead, the dragoness said right away, “I cannot see him.” Concern should have laced her tone, given that any mother might worry about hearing their child speak of seeing things that weren’t there, but she knew better. “I saw him once in a dream, but I will never again lay my eyes on him, nor will anyone else,” she continued. “Just as none others besides myself and the dead have seen Draco.” Leaning forward, she sought to lock eyes with her child. With hardly any pause, she'd explained further by saying, “He has decided to intertwine his soul with yours, to allow for you to see him, and so only will your eyes be able to meet his. You have been given a great gift, Airi—a partner in life that will never part ways with you.” It was the greatest of gifts she could imagine, and she was glad to know that at least one of her daughters would always have someone there to watch over and protect her.
You're a mirror with two faces
Two sides, simple as that
Thread titles are from Hyuna’s “How’s This”
Messages In This Thread
Rainmaking - by Airi - December 17, 2016, 11:46 PM
RE: Rainmaking - by Asterr - December 18, 2016, 12:18 AM
RE: Rainmaking - by Airi - December 18, 2016, 01:41 AM
RE: Rainmaking - by Asterr - December 20, 2016, 01:49 AM
RE: Rainmaking - by Airi - December 27, 2016, 06:56 PM
RE: Rainmaking - by Asterr - December 28, 2016, 02:33 AM
RE: Rainmaking - by Airi - January 06, 2017, 01:41 AM
RE: Rainmaking - by Asterr - January 28, 2017, 05:15 AM