Sunbeam Lair between atlas and earth
surma suuhun
355 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
He’d only been gone for little more than a few days, barely a cause for concern, but each new move he makes to return home hurts more than the last makes it feel like it has been weeks. Most of the wounds he’s incurred have stopped bleeding, lest he open them from stumbling or simply moving too much, but enough blood had been lost over the course of the last twelve hours that he can barely think straight. It is luck that he has made it this far.

The lair is within view but his legs can’t hold him up anymore. He stumbles one more time and hits the ground, not bothering to pick himself up because he’s sure he won’t be able to. The cougar had caught him by surprise when he’d been pursuing a herd, trying to drive it back toward Ryūjin so he could get the help of others and they can feast. He had been far too focused on them and not the rest of his surroundings when the large cat had taken him down. He barely stood a chance and a surprise he’d been left with a little life left.

The biggest wound, down his flank and park of his thigh is the biggest, oozing down into the snow. Other scratches and bites litter the rest of him and his ear is split and several bald spots, free of fur, dot his back side. Ukko heaves a sigh and allows the cold snow to engulf him, the numbness starting on his understand more than welcome to his burning frame.
170 Posts
Ooc — gryff
Away
She didn't notice that her father was gone. He wasn't in her presence, and therefore he was irrelevant to her life. She did not miss the gifts he brought, now that she could go out and find them herself. The times that she did notice his lack of presence, she simply shrugged it off, guessing that perhaps he was doing...whatever Shoguns do, I dunno.

She wanders often now, sometimes with Zennyo at her back, sometimes alone. This was one of the latter times, her coat growing thick with the winter, the unknown Arctic heritage fluffing her up, keeping her relatively warm against the winter winds. She enjoyed the sound of her paws crunching the snow, remembering the sound the bird's bones made so long ago, dancing around from paw to paw, a blissful smile on her face until she saw it.

There was a mound of fur in the distance, slowly being consumed by the white blanket. She approaches it curiously — not cautiously — seeing that it was breathing, if somewhat. It was only as she grew closer that she realized what it was —  a wolf — and who it was — her stepfather. Airi frowned, circling the creature, trying to find it's head. When she found it she settled in front of it, searching for her father's eyes under the snow. Chi-Chi, She murmured, poking him with her paw, Naze anata wa yuki no naka de nemutte imasu ka? Haha wa tsuini anata o oidashita nodesu ka?
· * . *
123 Posts
Ooc —
An upsetting and familiar trail had caught his attention upon descending the mountain's heights. Even without the entire thought there, he felt compelled to pursue. Something about it made him anxious and seeing Ukko again quickened his heart-rate already, even without thinking of what had possibly happened to him out in the wilds.

When the trail started warming up considerably, it was leading him close to pack claims. Inari wilted there with a posture reduced to a smarmy slink. He absolutely did not like coming this close to marked territory, but to his knowledge, this was the dragon god pack. He hoped them a merciful lot, or to buffer the reaction through Ukko -- who he finally spotted ahead, a disappearing dark in the snow at the end of a dribbling trail. Inari gave a little whine, trying to ignore the young wolf's presence best he could..although she also kept him from going too close too quickly, knowing instinctively that she should belong to someone of high ranking here, and someone he did not wish to anger. Everything about the end of his approach was very cautious, nervous, and prepared to flee if he had to.

"Ukko.." he called out with a worried chuff when there were several meters between them still. He worried he had misheard the youth's words -- her very language caught him off guard. What had he come upon here, exactly, and what had happened to Ukko? Inari still fretted for the male he barely knew, hoping to hear back from him that this was alright.
· .˚
206 Posts
Ooc — Chey.
The stench of blood alarmed her and she followed it quickly, coming upon Airi standing near Ukko, and a strange male she had never met standing near them over the pack's borders. Concerned for Ukko's well-being she moved herself between him and the unknown male, turning sharp eyes on the trespasser "Who are you?" she snapped her blue eyes boring straight into his, her stance stiff and her tail raising slightly above her back as she claimed the dominant position over him.

Her eyes darted back to Ukko, and she felt her posture relax even though she still wanted to know the male's business in the Lair. "Since you're here, if you have any manners go get me cobwebs and moss"  she snapped. Cobwebs and moss were the only medical thing she knew how to do. "Ukko, sir. I have to clean your wounds" she murmured and licked at the oozing scratch on his flank as gently as possible.
70 Posts
Ooc —
The stench of blood, of commotion and scents familiar and strange, drew her quickly. She arrived quickly, gaze falling first on Ukko, noting quickly the state of him, concern obvious in her eyes. Then the stranger, approaching cautiously, Airi, and finally Avannon. Seldom did her temper break, for she prided herself on her composed nature, but the fact that Avannon had neglected to call for Asterr when she was so obviously needed had her angered. She did so quickly, raising her muzzle and letting out a ululating call for the Dragoness, urgency in her call to @Asterr

"Foolish" she muttered to Avannon, drawing up alongside her. "Did you not think to call for Asterr?" she snapped her gaze away curtly, falling next in the stranger. "Know you what happened?" For what other reason would he be here, so close to the lair? She kept half her focus on him as she moved to Ukko's head, drawing up alongside Airi. " Airi.". She was not a normal child, this she knew by know, and she felt that comfort, or trying to remove her from the situation, would be taken poorly. "Ukko. What shall I do?" She asked of him softly, hoping that Asterr would arrive, and hopefully soon. Her gaze flickered to the stranger every so often, and still irritation toward Avannon was prevalent as her gaze fell on her but for a brief moment.
A dragon will never bow down
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Several days had passed since she’d last seen Ukko, but she’d not been concerned by his absence. There were days where she’d awoken wondering if he still resided within the lair, and so she’d gotten used to the thought of him disappearing. Bothering not with sending out a search party—it’d only been a few days, so doing so would have been ridiculous even if she had felt worried—she’d busied herself around the lair just as usual. The cold had snuffed out much of the life within the cavern, taking away her beloved flora, but she’d had other means of keeping her mind occupied. Either by lingering at the entrance of her home or around the lake, and sometimes even by hiking across the external sections of the territory. She’d been around the lake when the howl had drawn in her attention, watching the water move—an effortless activity, which had been discontinued in favour of the howl.

Asterr had departed from the water’s edge and made her way through the lair, her paws having eventually carried her out into the open. Never had her pace been relaxed or slowed, the urgency heard in her sister’s voice having been enough to encourage her to maintain long strides. And as she’d arrived and slowed to a stop before the gathering of wolves, she’d realized almost immediately why her presence had been needed: Ukko had been hurt. Onward had the dragoness looked, gaze flickering from one face to the next, assessing the situation before she’d started to plan out her actions. The stranger had held her attention the longest but, after realizing that he wasn’t a threat, she’d placed her focus on the injured member of her tribe.

“Airi,” the name had slipped from her tongue with ease, though she’d not even glanced in the girl’s direction. “If you plan to assist then begin placing snow onto the wound. If not, step back and keep from being stepped on.” Moving closer, she’d looked at the wound on his thigh, its efforts to paint the snow having made it hard to miss. “Hisaya, keep our guest company,” had been her next order, followed by, “Avannon, retrieve whatever herbs you are able to find. Move quickly—we will have to relocate him.” As the words left her mouth, she’d looked towards Inari, curious of his being there, but knowing that it wasn’t an appropriate time to question him. “Do you think you might be able to support his weight? I can do more for him once he has been moved inside.” Inside and out of the snow, that way his body might not have to fight off a virus whilst also working to heal his injuries.
You're a mirror with two faces
Two sides, simple as that
Thread titles are from Hyuna’s “How’s This”
· * . *
123 Posts
Ooc —
In the seconds to follow, it all seemed to escalate swiftly to high tensions with the arrival of two new pack wolves. Inari shrunk back more, ears folded tight and body crouched. He edged back even more, visibly nervous when there were such snapping tones then questions shot his way and Ukko remained bleeding in the snow. Inari whined, reminded clearly of why he hated coming anywhere near pack claim. "I am Inari." he provided in a rushed breath, all with a posture that attempted to shriek that he was nowhere near the top of their concerns right now. He strongly considered leaving so they could focus.. Ukko, injured, somehow stalled this.

Anxious eyes darted towards a dark female who arrived, quick to take hold of the situation and issue her instructions all around. Inari then splayed his ears, trying to speak to whoever would hear him out -- or let him beg them not to be hostile towards him. Do not kill me he hoped, outnumbered and outgunned clearly. "His trail was long.. I do not know what happened," he offered abruptly, very hesitant to delve into circumstance here.. now but still feeling like they should know that about this upfront. He didn't want them to be suspicious of him. To his current involvement, he unfroze long enough to nod. "I will help if you will have me. Or tell me so, and I will go immediately." He knew he had to make them uncomfortable. He was uncomfortable but he had nowhere to be; he could help bear the weight.

i'm botching post order bc i didn't want him to get removed just yet. hope that's ok with everyone c:
· .˚
206 Posts
Ooc — Chey.
I suppose that means Ava follows? WARNING fowl language is going to be used XD

Avannon took a step back in shock as Hisaya snapped at her "I've been here only mere seconds longer than you, do you expect me to ignore the stranger and the fact that Ukko is bleeding out?" she retorted in an equally snapping tone, her bright eyes narrowed with anger. "Do not ever call me foolish" she warned venomously before curling her lips slightly. How dare this woman treat her in such a way? Just because she was the leader's family, did she expect to be coddled and treated higher? Avannon would do no such thing, and she stared Hisaya in the eyes until Asterr's sudden presence snapped her out of her rage.

"Yes Ma'am" she said and dashed away still seething over how Hisaya had acted like a righteous bitch instead of considering that maybe Avannon was about to call for Asterr's assistance after stopping Ukko's flowing blood. She ran all the way back to the lair where she herself had stashed some poppy seeds, moss, and marigold for infection. It was pretty much the only herbs she knew, so she had kept them for emergencies like this. Grabbing them all she ran back to Asterr and dropped the herbs her sides heaving with the need for oxygen. "Don't know any other herbs miss. Marigold is for infection right?" she asked to make sure she got the right herb and didn't just fuck up royally.
A dragon will never bow down
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
I was given permission to skip Airi and Hisaya. ^^ I suppose we can PP Ukko being moved for now, given that he has fallen inactive. I also went ahead and added Inari to the ranks. ♥

Everything was alive, numerous events taking place in a single second. She’d kept Airi back from the wound, the snow being pushed from it once it turned crimson so that a fresh blanket could then be laid over it. Though deadly at times, snow was still only water, and water possessed great healing properties, however forgotten they often were. Her attention darted back and forth, flying from one face to the next as she attempted to hear everything and miss nothing; the task was a difficult one, and so she was glad when her sister remained quiet and took away at least one voice from the mass that swept through her ears. There then went another, Avannon having gone away for the moment in order to collect some herbs, which left her with but one to listen to: the stranger. A deal was proposed, one of which she’d hardly needed to think over an answer for prior to responding. “You may stay,” was her response, knowing that another set of paws would not be a terrible thing. Besides, he seemed to know Ukko in some way, and she trusted that the man would not have led a creature of violence back to the lair.

As Avannon returned, all that she had brought along with her was looked over. There was not a lot there, but it would do for the time being. The poppy seeds were nosed towards Ukko’s mouth, which she had then tried to shove them into—it was unclear how successful she had been, but she hoped that, at the very least, a few had gotten in there. Looking to the marigold she nodded, answering with, “It can be,” in reply to her tribe mate’s inquiry. From the flower she’d plucked its leaves, then began chewing them into a paste; since the leaves were not dried, she’d decided to use a method other than applying them as a whole directly onto the wound. The paste was spread over the gash, as well as pushed inside, whilst the moss was then pressed against it all to try and keep the snow from disturbing everything. “Come, we must relocate him now,” said the vessel, her words meant for Inari. “I can treat him better if we can get him to my stock of herbs, but I will need for you to help move him. Are you prepared to do that?” There was no way she’d be able to do it herself, nor, she believed, could either of the other two.
You're a mirror with two faces
Two sides, simple as that
Thread titles are from Hyuna’s “How’s This”
· * . *
123 Posts
Ooc —
Always on the edge of making himself disappear from this entirely, he willed himself to stay.

They spoke of plants, and one brought some, but his head swam nervously as he took it all in. When the female in charge spoke, he ghosted forward with a small nod. That, he could do, and for a heartbeat he could only look down upon the bleeding Ukko, ache twisting at his chest as he hoped it was not as dire as it appeared -- what if this was all for nothing? He moved towards him (on the verge of a whine), and placed himself strategically in relations to the others so they could move him.

He had no idea what awaited. The sterling nomad turned his sights towards their home, and felt new nervousness start to creep -- this time not exactly inspired by the wolves around, but something else entirely. While awaiting the next command, he readied the best that he could, and would put himself to use..
· .˚
Swathed in the finest wool
174 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Kaori remained silent as her mother's pack surged toward one central location, but followed, undisruptive of her mother's work. She was a quiet creature yet her presence was strong, far too serious for a girl of her age. Often she wondered, what could be the matter with her? The sight of blood did not cause her to recoil, but instead, she looked upon it with interest. She was unlike her sister's, she had noticed over some time; certain things did not arouse the same excitement to her as it did to them. Yet, as she witnessed her sister's foolish actions and reckless words, she was reminded that her childhood maturity was a gift. It brought her calamity upon the sight of her step-father bleeding out on grounds she frequently walked. Kaori's eyes lingered to the wounds through the gaps of the bodies hovering around the scene and watched s her mother worked desperately to stop the natural flow of blood. She didn't know why. Was blood not meant to flow as it did with purpose? Did Ukko feel pain? She had not felt pain, not in the way she supposed the blood flowing from his wounds did. 

But she was no hematomaniac; she did not cross the line of curiosity to obsession at the sight of blood. Kaori had an interest as to the way things worked, and she wondered, did she have the capability to do such a thing to another? To her enemies? It seemed a power beyond her comprehension, and she swiftly shook it from her mind and took a step back just as her mother spoke of moving him. Kaori frowned, could her step-father even walk two steps? Feeling as if her presence was wasted among adults who knew what to do, she moved around the scene to nudge her overly obnoxious sister out of the rest's hair. “airi. let's go, she mumbled to her sister, not out of compassion that her triplet might see her step-father perish. no, ukko did not mean much to either siblings while she knew that the dark knight, her father, lived somewhere beyond the draconid wood. instead, she knew that airi's presence did not help anyone, at any time.
170 Posts
Ooc — gryff
Away
At first, she had made no noise, staring with interest at the dying body of her adopted father. She felt no sorrow, no sense of sadness. Only curiosity. She stepped forward, nudging him with her paw. Chiii-chiiiii, She sang, uncaring for his pain. She soon realized that Ukko was gone, or was going to be gone. His ragged breathing, slowly stilling, ended any of her efforts to speak to him. She simply stared, until wolves approached, a loner first, which took her off guard. She frowned at the wolf, stepped back and looking at him. Who are you? She inquired, but her question was swept away as the pack came running to Ukko's body. Do nothing. He's gonna die anyway, She shrugged as Hisaya  asked Ukko stupidly — Ukko didn't even respond to her, his "daughter".

She made little effort to help, stepping back and watching them attempt to save him. She giggled at the futility of it. He's gonna die! She laughed as her mother suggested relocated him. You're just going to move his corpse, Haha, She smirked. The loner was allowed to stay, surprisningly, but he was of little importance, lesser than the Commoners that swarmed around her "father". 

A voice murmured in her ear, but it was not Zennyo. It was her sister, Kaori. She snorted in disgust, pushing her away. No. I want to watch,
Swathed in the finest wool
174 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Her sister pushes away her attempts at departing and she grunts, narrowing her eyes as she contemplates shoving her right back. But she does not fight for the sake of pettiness. She is her mother's daughter and she does not fall to childish banter. Instead, she casts one look to the dying man and turns, departing with less emotion than she arrived. She does not care for her sister's antics and feels little for the effect such a scene may have on Airi's emotional state. It is clear that nothing impacts her triplet at all, and Kaori does not wish to stick around to see her sister become something equivalent of a monster.