The Tangle i want to strangle the stars for all they promised me
[time & tide]
479 Posts
Ooc — -
Guardian
Warrior
feel totally free to be loose about post order regarding dio like usual (as in.. don't wait up for him or me ever, LOL)
Wildfire still remained misplaced and although he'd done all he could to chalk it up to the nature of her skillset as a scout, he couldn't deny the uneasy feeling it inspired all the same. Best approach, beyond some ranging towards the immediate reaches, seemed to be a tense sort of waiting game, hoping that she'd turn up,and not really knowing when or from where to expect her; none of them knew anything of her circumstances. So, in the meantime, his vigilance sharpened to a new point. He'd all but run his paws raw making sure this claim grew unchallenged, and set the foundation on which they would come to prosper safely through the winter. Day by day the cliffside was more home, and all the while, more theirs in absolution.

He'd been on one such round when Eske and then Portia's trails lured him just beyond their boundaries towards the tangle -- a place he had only experienced in passing, or relatively briefly at best in favor of their own forests. It relived him to find his packmate's routes seeming to intertwine (because more lost comrades were not on his agenda), and eventually, he found the speckled Skayona first and the frosted Gona in the very next breath. Of course, and perhaps even more interestingly, this brought to his attention the the strangers in the clearest detailing : two males, yearlings perhaps, give or take. Possessiveness of their new, still-fragile claim nearly rumbled into a growl, but nothing else here read as overly amiss just yet. His tail crept up in steady increments and distance eased between them all with each stride.

Although his sights were set hard upon the travel-worn boys, Dio used his approach to first brush close to Portia with a quick, fond chuff and nudge of his snout against hers, but it was duty reigning supreme afterward.. as loathe as he was to leave her immediate side so soon. However, Eske appeared to have this well under control, so he didn't rush because he trusted the fierce princess to give them a good interrogation at minimum. He sidled up closer to Eske in confident ease to immerse himself in this conversation, all with his ears pulling towards the younger males, keenly interested. In these beats to follow, he would gauge this interaction further. For now, there were a silent set of questions on his features: what is this, who, and why.
Messages In This Thread
RE: i want to strangle the stars for all they promised me - by Dio - January 06, 2017, 03:30 AM