Ankyra Sound sishou
build me up from bones
138 Posts
Ooc — Siro
All Welcome 
Tirgatao is searching for some elusive Nerds. :)

For the first time since arriving in the Teekons, Tirgatao departed the borders of Drageda towards the southern beaches with a purpose. She was confident, though cautious—her gaze flickered to each individual shadow in search of danger and casually drifted from one tree to the next as she picked her way down from the cliffs. Her feet splayed to find purchase on the mossy ground, though she managed to dislodge a few loose rocks that went skittering down and over the cliffside. Tirgatao paused, cupped her ears, and waited until she heard the satisfying crack as it collided with the boulders below. The noise was loud enough to alert anyone below to her approach, but she felt no anxiety from being alone out in the wilds. She was Trikru, born of the woods, and she did not fear the splita of this land. 

Two days ago she'd caught wind of strangers near the southern border. Not close enough to rile the Drageda clan, but close enough to peak her interest. She intended to be useful, and that meant being brave and taking charge to investigate matters that could put the clan at risk. Tirgatao hit the sand at a spirited jog, and continued southeast towards the waves. Ankyra Sound was a mystery to her, so that made finding evidence of habiation difficult. Logically she knew there were likely caverns cut into the cliff wall, but she had no plans of making that expedition alone. So she simply made note of it.

Ahead she spotted the decaying carcass of a juvenile sea lion, the stomach area gutted. She drifted past it, circled it, and sniffed. Her eyes raked over the wounds—scrapes made by claws, and punctures by a wolfish pair of teeth. Tirgatao breathed, and glanced back at Drageda. She needed to tell them.
"There are no guarantees in the future. That's why today, the time we have now, is important."
Trigedasleng is denoted in bold/italic if not already written out. Hover for translations. 
Fëafelmë
321 Posts
Ooc — Tweety Bird
Kalika was beside the coast, inhaling deeply the strong, salty of scent of Her breath. A low song came from her throat, dancing in the air alongside the crashing waves. A crunch! in the distance alerted the harlot that someone was near, though she figured there was a safe distance between she and whoever else found a home in these parts. With her ears cupped forward, she sat silently, waiting for another marker tht someone was near. 

It was the much thicker scent of another roaming near the same corpse which she and Akantha had recently picked at which made her hackles raise slightly and her more charming demeanor arise. Hello? Anyone there? she cooed, an enticing smile on her maw.
build me up from bones
138 Posts
Ooc — Siro
Tirgatao squinted against the wind that whipped off the waves, and frowned as the spray tickled the exposed skin of her eyes and nose. But worst still was the voice that cut through the roar of the surf and cut right through her. Every muscle tensed to the point of discomfort, and she sucked in a breath once she remembered to breathe. The voice bore the hint of an accent, but not one that Tirgatao was familiar with. This was the exact scenario she worried about, and now she was out here, alone, and faced with the consequences.

But there was no running, because she would be spotted trying to climb the cliffs back to Drageda. She turned away from the carcass, towards the sound, and mustered up the courage to call back. She could not discern the wolf smell from the salt and brine of the sea, or the putrid rot of the carcass, and that bothered her. Was she interacting with a ghost? "Yes, hello! I'm over here." She called across the sands, wondering just where the voice was coming from, and if it bode ill for Tirgatao.
"There are no guarantees in the future. That's why today, the time we have now, is important."
Trigedasleng is denoted in bold/italic if not already written out. Hover for translations. 
Fëafelmë
321 Posts
Ooc — Tweety Bird
Kalika formed a small smile upon hearing the other call back, then sauntered over to the source of the voice and examined the woman carefully. A slight furrow came about her brow, though it was gone just as quickly as it had come. This wolf smelled akin to Wildfire, so whatever bit of apprehension she should have held, Kalika did not. Rather, she kept things friendly by starting the conversation as simply as she knew how, Do you have a name, stranger? Her words held their signature lilt, as though Kalika were a mother cooing in her child's ear. You must be of the Northern pack; we aren't as far from one another as I had once thought. She laughed under breath but kept things fairly proffessional. She was a diplomat, after all.
build me up from bones
138 Posts
Ooc — Siro
When the owner of the voice approached, Tirgatao turned fully to face her with perked ears and a reserved expression. She pressed her lips together as a knot of tension and concern twisted up between her shoulders. The stranger reminded her, oddly, of nimbus clouds—dilute hues of sunlight cast across the planes where the fur grew dense, with light brushstrokes of ash gray dusted across her spine. They were not so different and she wondered, a fleeting thought that vanished before she could contain it, if she was looking into a mirror.

However, while the splita came across as friendly, what she said brought Tirgatao to the edge of anxiety again. Her own earthen eyes widened for a second, flashing with worry, before she was able to shutter the reaction and slam the mask of serenity back into place. When she replied, her voice was calm, "Tirgatao." One wolf was not cause for concern. But if there were others, she wanted to know about it. "I am, yes. Drageda we call ourselves. Have you met others from my clan?"
Fëafelmë
321 Posts
Ooc — Tweety Bird
Kalika raised her head for a moment as she took in a deep breath, though it was lowered soon enough. She remained standing with her body held in a neutral position, though her chest was puffed out proudly, showing her fierce representation of the women in her pack. I'm Kalika of Nereides. We have been in contact with one other, yes. What brings you to this end of the coast? She wondered if perhaps there were other issues of politics and relations to be discussed, in which case she would need @Akantha to be present, though she was confident that she could hold her own for the time being.
build me up from bones
138 Posts
Ooc — Siro
Curiously, the she-wolf seemed torn. On one hand, her body language was suitably neutral (just as Tirgatao's was), but she could see the prideful swell of her chest. Tirgatao switched an ear back and nodded, surprised to hear that she'd been in contact already. She wondered, briefly, who managed to run into this group but didn't feel the need to make much mention of it yet. "I'd spotted a few wolves down here, more than usual, so I came to investigate." She replied honestly, only for a sheepish smile to flicker across her lips. "Thankfully, the beach isn't haunted by spirits, because you seem very real." She joked with an amiable wave of her tail. 

"I hope whatever contact we've had with you so far has been to the benefit of both parties?" Tirgatao hedged, wanting to know more of Kalika's opinion; Drageda's own was easy to come by. She could just ask Heda.
Fëafelmë
321 Posts
Ooc — Tweety Bird
Yes, Kalika replied with a more characteristic giggle, I am very real. This was said with a strange confidence which almost took the breath from the Siren as she said it. Often times, she wasn't sure if this was true, as it was instances like that which had occured not long ago in which she felt as though nothing in this world was real.

But you don't share that sort of thing on the first date.

Indeed, I believe both sides are pleased. I cannot see warfare in our near future, or at all for that matter. Wildfire left us under the impression that an alliance could be discussed. This was all that Kalika wished to share for fear of placing sensitive information in the wrong hands.
build me up from bones
138 Posts
Ooc — Siro
Tirgatao relaxed when the stranger found the humor in her comment and discovered she was far less concerned about meeting one of these ghosts than she initially assumed. Kalika was reserved within reason, as was Tirgatao, but at least neither party was seeking conflict. She was curious about the name, as it didn't seem drawn from the common tongue. Neither was Drageda, of course, but the Nereides was not a phrase she was familiar with. 

"I'm glad, though I am a little surprised to hear Wildfire's name come up," she admitted with a warm smile. "but she's one of our best, so I'm sure she will be able to arrange something with your group." Tirgatao understood the need for sensitive information and didn't prob the other woman further. All she needed to know was that Wildfire was working on it. 

Tirgatao took a slow step towards her previous heading and cocked her head to the side in invitation, "Care to walk with me? I'm curious about your people. The Nereides is not a name I'm familiar with. Only if you have the time, of course. I don't want to keep you." 
Fëafelmë
321 Posts
Ooc — Tweety Bird
I would like that, Kalika said as she moved closer and began walking as the lead. We are new to the area, which might explain why you haven't heard our name before. We tend to be a bit secretive. There were things that the public didn't need to know, but that didn't mean that there were some things which they could. She took a deep breath, inhaling the strong scent of the Sea not far from where the pair roamed. 

I don't believe I know much about Drageda, either. I would be glad to trade a token for a token, if it's to your liking. Besides, a bit of harmless snooping into the affairs of their neighbors would do little harm to the hopeful diplomat's tool belt.
build me up from bones
138 Posts
Ooc — Siro
A warm smile whisked across her muzzle when Kalika agreed and took up point as they proceeded. Tirgatao listened in rapt silence as the Nereid began to speak of her people, and their tendencies. She could understand it—Seageda had been much the same, unaccepting of outsiders, and fiercely protective of their own. Perhaps Wildfire had sensed something similar in the seafaring clan? 

She chuckled, and nodded. "Very kind of you. I believe I am at liberty to share some things, as our advisor, but I can't promise I will answer everything." Tirgatao admitted with an uncertain splay of her left ear. She hoped Kalika would not take offense, but she imagined she wouldn't. If her familiarity with Wildfire was any indication, they would likely be seeing much more of one another in the coming months. 

"Drageda is, primarily, a clan. A family, mostly, consisting of those who followed from our former home and outsiders who have taken up our banner and way of life. We protect what is ours, and loyalty to Heda—our Commander, is paramount. I am what they call a Shouna—an Advisor in the common tongue."
Fëafelmë
321 Posts
Ooc — Tweety Bird
Kalika kept a friendly expression throughout the exchange. It seemed that the two packs had more in common than she had originally assumed; both family clans with a set group of outsiders. Nereides is very similar in that sense. We are all of one name, though we tend to pick up outsiders along the way. It was often confusing to Kalika where she stood on that scale. Although she was a direct descendant, this wasn't her culture. She'd been raised under completely different circumstances, so was she too an outsider?

So as an Advisor, what is your job?
build me up from bones
138 Posts
Ooc — Siro
Tirgatao smiled, feeling much more at ease in Kalika's presence with each passing moment. The next question, however, highlighted the risk she was taking in revealing these bits of information about Drageda and herself. She was primarily driven to be Heda's advisor, but she also assisted the pack. It begged the question: what if the Nereides saw her as a weakpoint to the clan? The pale advisor knew she was important, but she was not certain how far Drageda would go to save her if the choice came to one life or multiple.

She decided to risk it. "I advise our pack in day-to-day troubles. Relationships, social mishaps, and other problems. But I also keep one ear open for Heda should she require my assistance in more elevated matters." She took a breath and grinned, "My turn: why the sea? Most wolves would choose the forest or mountains for their home. Game isn't plentiful on the islands, is it?"
Fëafelmë
321 Posts
Ooc — Tweety Bird
Kalika inhaled deeply, thinking carefully about what to say next. We have enough to keep us alive. It might not be a traditional meal for most wolves, but it does the job. Ever had a washed up mollusk with a side of sea salt? She gave a playful wink and a slight laugh, sucking in a sharp bit of air. But its all a part of our culture. The Sea to us is as integral as sleep, or nourishment to anyone else. There wasn't much more to be said. If Tiragatao wished to learn more, then she could go to Akantha herself.

So we have our Sea; what do the wolves of Drageda have? Perhaps they were godless as many wolves were, though the idea wasn't something that Kalika readily considered. Perhaps it was because she had become so devoted to the Mothers that she could no longer comprehend how one could survive without the divine.
build me up from bones
138 Posts
Ooc — Siro
Tirgatao wrinkled her nose, but it was not an unkind gesture. She shook her head and giggled, "They're so slimy!" She chirped with a genial wave of her tail, obviously meaning no harm by the comment and hoping that her demeanor would suggest that she was joking. In truth, she hadn't ever tried any of those rock-looking snails, but she recalled a moment during her puppyhood when she dared her childhood friend to do it. Through a gagging fit, she'd proclaimed that they were literally boogers, and promptly barfed them up on the shore. They were later herded home by their mothers, and Tirgatao was scolded for being unkind.

"Interesting." she hummed. "Drageda has, well, us. Our lives revolve around helping our fellow clan members, and we're expected from an early age to pursue a skillset that would further the success of the pack. For example: I was excellent at listening and helping my friends when I was young, so my mother shuffled me off to one of the older Shouna and I shadowed him almost exclusively, helping him and learning in return, until I earned my rank."

"If you cannot earn your keep, you're not welcome in Drageda unless you're very old, very young, or infirm."
Fëafelmë
321 Posts
Ooc — Tweety Bird
hehe let's wrap up? i'm trying to clean out her log!

It sounded fair enough. A pack which hoped to thrive in the harsh world they inhabited needed to be strict and disciplined, following a specific line of order. It was how it was meant to be, after all. Kalika thought that it only made sense for their leadership to turn away from freeloaders, unlike how some of her own past leaders had. Everyone has to pull their weight, so I suppose that isn't too unreasonable.

A wave crashed upon the shore with an inexplicable force, drenching Kalika in the salty water. She laughed and shook herself free of the droplets, though she knew what the Sea was trying to tell her — she was needed back home. I am sorry to cut this walk short, she cooed, leaving a kiss atop Tiragatao's head, but duty calls. Hopefully we will meet again, and sometime soon. With a wink, Kalika turned and began to trot back toward the sandbar where she would cross back into her territory and up to Akantha's side.
build me up from bones
138 Posts
Ooc — Siro
Tirgatao nodded, but before she could reply, a rogue wave crashed down right beside Kalika and drenched the Siren. She gasped in surprise, and then laughed along with her new friend as the Nereid shook the excess water from her pelt. She wondered if the other woman would take it as a sign, or if the waves themselves were feeling playful today. The Sea was a deity in their culture, as she'd said, but she didn't know quite how far the rabbit hole went.

It seemed their time together was at an unfortunate end, but it was punctuated by a pleasant kiss to her brow that caused a flush to spread across her cheeks beneath her fur. Tirgatao smiled fondly at the advisor-in-training and nodded when she drew away to head back to the Islands. "Safe travels, my dear. I'm only a quarter-days walk away should you have need of me." She called to the departing woman before continuing in the direction they were heading down the beach, sans Kalika.