Cassiopeia's View swallow my breath and take what is mine.
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
Liffey didn't notice the sound of another approaching at first. She was too busy tracing lines between the stars to amuse herself, blinking thoughtfully at the various shapes she was able to create. It was something she had done ever since she was a small child, creating forms and faces that eventually she came to think of as her imaginary friends. Her bright eyes shifted away from the woodpecker she had been trying to draw to seek out the brightest star in the sky, which had long been the bright left eye of a mouse - one of the first faces she had ever spotted.

When finally she did realize someone else was nearby, she reacted first with the sudden, sharp prick of her ears and ended in her on all fours, spun round to peer out across the slope of the hill. Liffey had tensed with alarm, but it was overtaken by surprise and intrigue when her eyes traced the curves of a somehow familiar face. The girl's head tilted as she studied the boy, wondering where she had seen him before when finally it hit her. The day she'd met Charon. By the water. The one who'd walked away.

"Oh, uh..." Liffey started, awkward and hesitant, "Hey again." She felt stupid the second she said it. What if he didn't recognize her? She could always explain if he didn't... But how awful if he didnt remember and thought she was crazy and weird and stupid? 

The girl took a breath, trying to calm her anxiously throbbing heart. This was exactly why she stuck to talking to the stars.
if I knew where I was going, I'd lose my way.
~•~
Messages In This Thread
swallow my breath and take what is mine. - by Liffey - March 24, 2017, 08:55 PM
RE: swallow my breath and take what is mine. - by Liffey - March 26, 2017, 05:05 PM