Cassiopeia's View swallow my breath and take what is mine.
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
Nice to meet you, Liffey.

The young Blackthorn felt her heart flutter slightly when he said the words to her. She had to fight not to giggle at the sensation, covering it by dipping her chin slightly towards her chest as her eyes fell to his paws and she smiled demurely. She looked back at him a moment later, wondering at this odd feeling. It reminded her quite suddenly of how she used to feel playing with Gannet when she was a kid, but somehow different. That had been a silly, childish thing. This was something else... This was...

No. This was silly and childish too. Or so Liffey's better sense told her the moment her mind and her heart began to go frolicking away on her. She brushed the moment of giddyness away in the moment she looked up from the ground to study Rannoch again, this time ignoring whatever silly fluttering was going about in her insides, regardless of how it crescendoed and ebbed with each fluctuation of his tone.

"Same. Well, kind of..." Liffey replied, glancing upward at the mouse constellation with a flickering smile. "I don't actually like to sleep at night..." she admitted with a grin that was part embarassed and part conspiratorial, "I like it better at night. It's a lot more quiet and peaceful than daytime. Plus, I love looking at the stars and finding shapes in them like animals and landmarks and different little objects and.. things..."

She paused, realizing that while she was speaking, she'd turned her head blatantly skyward and begun smiling like a dork. Liffey looked back at her companion and laughed at herself before saying, "I might be a weirdo too, come to think of it."
if I knew where I was going, I'd lose my way.
~•~
Messages In This Thread
swallow my breath and take what is mine. - by Liffey - March 24, 2017, 08:55 PM
RE: swallow my breath and take what is mine. - by Liffey - April 01, 2017, 01:58 PM