Cassiopeia's View swallow my breath and take what is mine.
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
He didn't agree that she was a weirdo. Instead, Rannoch turned his gaze to follow the line hers had drawn skyward to peer questioningly at the landscape overhead. Liffey found herself smiling at him as he concentrated, finding it endearing how he tried to find shapes there when it was obvious he didn't understand her meaning. In a bold move, Liffey stood and trotted to his side. She circle around behind him before settling down onto her stomach right alongside him. All the better to direct his gaze and help him see, she told himself. Nothing whatsoever to do with the inexplicable wanting to be near him.

"There are, but it requires a bit of imagination to see them," she explained, her own eyes shifting back towards the sky, "The way I do it is to start by picking out some of the brighter stars in the sky. From there, I picture lines being drawn between them and start to try and see what shapes they make. Once I have that in my head, I expand the shape to some of the darker stars in order to make it into something more interesting."

Already in her eyes, an acorn was starting to take shape. She ignored it though and instead focussed on a different star cluster that would be easier for her to point out. "See there? Those four stars there a little to the West? Picture lines connecting them all. They kind of make a square, see?"  Liffey attempted to gesture towards them with her muzzle, stealing a glance at Rannoch's face to see if he followed.
if I knew where I was going, I'd lose my way.
~•~
Messages In This Thread
swallow my breath and take what is mine. - by Liffey - March 24, 2017, 08:55 PM
RE: swallow my breath and take what is mine. - by Liffey - April 01, 2017, 05:52 PM