Silverlight Terrace if you were on fire, i'd roast marshmallows
the oath
207 Posts
Ooc — Siro
;-;

Sure enough, true as day turned to night, Cypress materialized from the shadow in the same peculiar way that the eioldon often did. Rian attributed it to his dusky coat, but there could have been a supernatrual element to it that he was simply ignoring. Either way, the sight of his darker cousin bolstered his courage and he almost turned back to the conversation at hand, but Cypress' comment caused his breath to escape him. Brothers? The word echoed dimly in the sudden cacaphony in his mind—the familiar static created such a noise that he nearly didn't catch Rannoch confirming it a moment later. He stared back as the teal of the silver-saddled boy's eyes glanced over to meet his own.

Brothers.

Rian was thankful when the topic didn't linger but the idea continued to bounce rather heavily around in his mind, and especially his heart (which now pounded fitfully against his chest cavity). He fought to keep his attention on Rose, but one ear remained reserved, as always, for Cypress who stood a bit back and off to the side. Rannoch reminded them of the tale and Rian was able to hyperfocus on it, instead. The mangled gray girl, yeah, he remembered. Whoever harmed her was still out there somewhere, but this was not the time nor the place to bring that up with his... brothers.

Instead he nodded when Rannoch introduced them, just like he was taught long, long ago. "Nice to meet you, Rose." He offered softly.
As ruthless as it all may seem the wild cares not for the weaker beings.
Messages In This Thread
if you were on fire, i'd roast marshmallows - by Rose - March 28, 2017, 01:00 PM
RE: if you were on fire, i'd roast marshmallows - by Rian - April 01, 2017, 01:31 AM