Redhawk Caldera your own story is the safest place you'll ever be.
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
Welp, that plan failed.

Liffey flinched visibly when she saw her father cantering towards her. Her heart hammered as she looked around, considering anything she might be able to do in these final few seconds to alleviate the situation. Options ran the gambit from trying to roll around in the grass to wipe off the blood to attempting to tunnel straight down into the earth beneath her and escape. Unfortunately (or maybe it really was fortunate), the young Blackthorn was far too logical to attempt anything, knowing perfectly well her own physical limitations and the simply fact that no matter where the blood went, it would still smell like her. So, she stood still with tears building in her eyes as Elwood closed the gap between them.

Though it seemed impossible, Liffey crouched even lower to the ground the moment her father said her name. There was gentility and concern in his voice as he questioned her, and yet she cowered as though being struck. Her body shook as she tried to fight the urge to fall apart completely, but there still was a hitch in her voice as she tried to answer him, "I was out in the meadow just East of the Serpent Lake and I got attacked by a wolverine," she explained, trying to stick the story she'd been rehearsing in her head on the way home, "It didn't hurt me that bad. It just scratched me up some is all. I'm okay. My friends were there and they helped and it's okay, we're all okay and..."

Liffey stopped, realizing how rushed and disjointed her words were becoming. She had to stay calm, otherwise there was no way her dad would ever believe her when she insisted it was no big deal to have been savaged by a vicious animal okay now I'm being dramatic...
if I knew where I was going, I'd lose my way.
~•~
Messages In This Thread
RE: your own story is the safest place you'll ever be. - by Liffey - April 09, 2017, 12:58 PM