Redhawk Caldera your own story is the safest place you'll ever be.
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
Liffey felt her lip beginning to tremble, so she bit down on it to make it stop. She would not cry, as much as she felt it would make her feel better. She was an adult now - a real, contributing member of the pack. Pack wolves did not cry when they got in trouble. They sucked it up and moved on, and Liffey would fight to do the same no matter how appealing it was to run into the safety of her father's arms that very moment.

The young wolf lifted her gaze only slightly when Elwood spoke. His words were sweet, but there was a tension in them she could only assume was some form of disappointment. When he continued, she felt overwhelmed with relief. He wasn't going to yell at her. He wasn't going to reprimand her at all. He was just going to help take care of her, and Liffey was immensely grateful for it. That, and for the fact that her mother had NOT been the one to find her. Liffey could only imagine how very different this encounter would have been if Finley had come across her in this state...

"Thanks, daddy," Liffey said, taking a chance and showing him the smallest of smiles. Her posture remained submissive and spoke clearly of her regret and shame, but she did feel somewhat lighter now as she moved to follow him to Raven.
if I knew where I was going, I'd lose my way.
~•~
Messages In This Thread
RE: your own story is the safest place you'll ever be. - by Liffey - April 11, 2017, 08:21 PM