Redhawk Caldera your own story is the safest place you'll ever be.
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
I'm good with fadesing :D I'll let you guys decide if you want to post again though or just archive it here <3

Liffey felt completely awful and though she knew she deserved whatever punishment she got, she still felt a terrible clenching in her heart when Elwood tipped his muzzle back to call for Raven. She knew wherever Finley was, she would probably hear the call and it was a 50/50 chance whether or not her mother would be curious enough that day to see what was going on. Silently, she prayed that Finley was the only one available to stay back and watch the firebirds while Raven came to tend to her, little as she deserved to be so lucky...

With nothing else for it, Liffey limped forward to follow her father, snuggling close to Eljay's side as they went. She whined softly as she reached to nuzzle at her brother's chin apologetically, wanting him to know that she was okay and everything was okay. She could only imagine what he was thinking. She wanted to reassure him that it hadn't been a big deal, that it was a completely random episode that she could easily have avoided by paying more attention. Or even that the wolverine had been killed, and she'd come across it far enough away from the Caldera that he didn't need to worry that something like that could happen near his home.

But, Liffey knew that whatever comfort she could give to Eljay would sound like excuses to her dad. So, she kept silent as they walked, and would remain so until Raven arrived to care for her when she'd have to tell the whole story again from the beginning.
if I knew where I was going, I'd lose my way.
~•~
Messages In This Thread
RE: your own story is the safest place you'll ever be. - by Liffey - April 20, 2017, 06:24 PM