The Heartwood this little bluebird came looking for you.
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
Liffey felt herself warm at his words, as silly as they were. He'd eat a rock for her? Briefly, she thought of Titmouse and the boy's weird fascination with eating stones, and Phox with his weird fascination with collecting them. She pushed the thought away almost as quickly as it came. They reminded her of home, and though she would never even consider that she might miss them, she did not want to think at all of the Caldera. Not now or ever.

Rannoch, ever the helpful young man, shortly assisted her immensely with shoving all thoughts of her family and former home straight out of her head with a single, innocent comment.

Rose.

Who was Rose?

Liffey didn't miss a beat outwardly. She continued trotting along companionably without the slightest flinch as Rannoch bandied about the name of some other girl. Emotion was coursing through her inside, however, as her mind began to race in circles. Who was Rose? Which one was she? Why she was she important? There were not many females in the pack, and as Liffey considered it more, she remembered being introduced to this girl. She was younger, but not so young that Liffey could brush off Rannoch's consideration of her so easily.

Once again, Rannoch saved her (and maybe himself a little bit). His question distracted her from the thousands that were fighting to barrel out of her throat and she forced herself to focus on it instead. "Hm... I've never considered it too much," she replied honestly, not like Rose apparently had..., "I guess just... open skies. Or tall cliffs above the trees where you can feel like you're actually standing inside the sky." Her tail began to wag softly at the thought, but stilled as that damn name came back to her head... Rose.

"Is Rose a medic?" she asked in a perfectly conversational tone, unable to help herself. Liffey wanted to ask about Rannoch's personal qualifications for a new territory. It being easy to protect seemed like a collective desire, not so much a personal one. But... Rose. What was that about?
if I knew where I was going, I'd lose my way.
~•~
Messages In This Thread
this little bluebird came looking for you. - by Liffey - April 19, 2017, 01:42 PM
RE: this little bluebird came looking for you. - by Liffey - April 29, 2017, 05:58 PM