The Heartwood this little bluebird came looking for you.
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
Liffey paused in her forward motion, stopping to do a deeper inspection on a sort of smashed-looking patch of grass. Her ears swiveled as Rannoch spoke and she paused to smile shyly at him. "Thanks," she said, her tail wagging happily, "Can't help but notice we still have no beaver, though." She lifted her head to look around, her gaze trailing along the edge of the water. She wasn't completely certain where to go from here except to just keep walking up and down the river. She was willing to do it - first because the thing had eluded her and she was annoyed, second because she really just wanted to see one now.

"I wish it would be dumb enough to just walk up to us," Liffey commented idly, "That would make this a lot easier." She looked back at Rannoch with a playful glint in her eyes. "Why don't you try making beaver calls to it - see if you can draw it to us?" she suggested, grinning. She had no idea what beavers sounded like or if they even made noises; She just wanted to tease her friend.

He didn't make beaver noises, but the wry look he gave her was gratifying enough. She laughed as the pair went back to work (sort of), hypothesizing about what their prey sounded like and chatting their way into forgetting about the hunt entirely until they'd circled back to join the rest of the pack.
if I knew where I was going, I'd lose my way.
~•~
Messages In This Thread
this little bluebird came looking for you. - by Liffey - April 19, 2017, 01:42 PM
RE: this little bluebird came looking for you. - by Liffey - May 21, 2017, 10:45 AM