Firefly Glen the mood it changes like the wind
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
Liffey returned the smile, accepting his reassurance and letting it settle her embarassment. He was a kind wolf - quiet, a little intense sometimes, but quickly becoming one of her favorites in their little band of wanderers. She admired all three of these brothers who had pulled this group together. They seemed to have their own little world, just the three of them, inside this bigger one. Liffey still felt very much on the outskirts of it all, but she longed to be right in the middle with them, to feel like she belonged in a way she hadn't at the Caldera.

His story intrigued her. She listened with rapt attention, playing out the scenes in her head. Little detail was actually given, but Liffey was an imaginative enough creature to not let a little thing like that hinder her. She saw them all together, princes of the evergreens left alone in their kingdom. She wondered - not for the first time - how it was that Rannoch had come back to them. Where had he gone? Why? She'd never exactly been told what had happened to the three brothers during their childhood, only bits and pieces here and there coming slowly together to form the whole picture.

"Well, for what it's worth, I'm glad you guys are here," Liffey commented softly, considering her own circumstances while guilt broiled in her chest. Her situation was different of course, but one particular difference was more painful than the others - she was the one who had done the leaving. "You've given a lot of people a second chance at having a home and family. Myself included. That's really something, you know."
if I knew where I was going, I'd lose my way.
~•~
Messages In This Thread
the mood it changes like the wind - by Rian - April 23, 2017, 07:05 PM
RE: the mood it changes like the wind - by Liffey - April 23, 2017, 07:26 PM
RE: the mood it changes like the wind - by Rian - May 01, 2017, 06:05 PM
RE: the mood it changes like the wind - by Liffey - May 01, 2017, 07:30 PM
RE: the mood it changes like the wind - by Rian - May 15, 2017, 04:29 PM
RE: the mood it changes like the wind - by Liffey - May 16, 2017, 06:29 PM
RE: the mood it changes like the wind - by Rian - May 17, 2017, 01:09 AM
RE: the mood it changes like the wind - by Liffey - May 21, 2017, 10:24 AM
RE: the mood it changes like the wind - by Rian - May 21, 2017, 03:26 PM
RE: the mood it changes like the wind - by Liffey - May 21, 2017, 07:32 PM