Redhawk Caldera Most people think I burn hot, it's actually quite the opposite.
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
She wasted no time in asking a question, which momentarily left Elwood wondering what she meant. Doing something wrong? Then he remembered the earlier incident with Ashton -- and before that, her behavior towards Gannet. While Elwood hadn't said anything to reprimand her, he had given her a look that she had surely recognized to mean something.

"You mean at the borders?" he clarified, settling himself onto his haunches so that it would be easier for them to communicate. He was more comfortable using his words and letting her read his lips, but with his forepaws freed from the responsibility of holding him up or carrying him forward, he could use them if necessary.

"No," he said, shaking his head slowly as he considered how best to approach the topic. "You want to protect your family -- that's good, and that's important. I know you want to be a mercenary." He smiled. "But we have to use our best judgement. If it's a wolf that knows me, or Aunt Finley -- you can be protective without being...too harsh." He wasn't sure if he was doing a good job explaining himself, so he lifted a brow questioningly.