Redhawk Caldera Most people think I burn hot, it's actually quite the opposite.
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
Towhee raised a good point, and Elwood had to nod. He reminded himself that she was young -- only 4 months old, in fact! -- and still had a lot to learn about life, but the foundation for her beliefs was not wrong. Instinct told her that those outside of her family were not to be trusted, and how would she know anything about Ashton? Never mind the fact that Gannet was her kin; she had never had the chance to get to know him in her living memory.

But this posed a whole new question for Elwood. How best to guide his goddaughter's actions at the border? He realized now that it was unfair of him to expect her to greet everyone with a smile, even if it was someone who had once been with Redhawk Caldera. She was her mother's daughter in many ways, and it was becoming more obvious by the second. "I don't want you to do anything you're uncomfortable with," he conceded after a moment.

"Just -- be careful. Call for me or Aunt Fin if you're not sure. You can always ask an 'outsider' to state their name and business, so you know right off the bat why they're here." Whether he liked it or not, he couldn't truly change Towhee's behavior. As she grew up, he could continue to coach her in diplomacy and defense, and hopefully maturity would bring an understanding about "outsiders." She didn't have to like them, but he feared that her brazen attitude would spell trouble for her one of these days.