Redhawk Caldera Most people think I burn hot, it's actually quite the opposite.
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
:D

She tried out the statement that he had offered, letting the words roll off her tongue. As always, it sounded a bit garbled, but Elwood had no trouble understanding her and felt confident that she would get her point across to strangers, as well. He bobbed his head, pleased that they were coming to an agreement.

He was glad, too, when she promised to continue to be careful. His sternness had come from a place of concern for her safety, mostly; and while she was territorial like her parents, she didn't seem to possess the same hot-headedness that had characterized Fox. He hoped that she wouldn't go charging headlong into any unpredictable situations without a second thought.

Elwood smiled as she asked to learn more about Gannet and Ashton. He would be happy to oblige her, especially because it would help her comprehend why he had reacted to them differently than a set of complete strangers. "First, I want to give you something else to think about -- I was an outsider, once. I didn't belong to Redhawk Caldera, and your dad accepted me into his ranks even though I was a stranger. And Aunt Fin was an outsider, too, before she came to Blacktail Deer Plateau and met your parents." He raised his brows, gauging her reaction, before answering Towhee's previous questions.

"Gannet, you know, is your brother. You should spend some time with him and get to know him. He'd like that. And Ashton was a member of our pack a long time ago, around the time that I joined. He's a pretty experienced medic. Did you notice the funny way he talks?" he asked. "As long as I've known him, that's how he communicates. It takes some getting used to," he admitted with a chuckle.