Stone Circle New but not unfamiliar
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
All Welcome 
maybe those who don't know Sunny too well? @Phiipa @Vinnira?

Sunny had gotten back into the swing of things, re-familiarizing himself with the borders and saying hello to old friends and acquaintances. There were still some he hadn't met yet or at least didn't remember seeing, and he hadn't visited Nikai yet unfortunately.

He was dragging back his first actual kill besides the mice, a young rabbit who had caught by surprise and cornered quickly. His chest was puffed out with pride as he deposited it into the cache. He smiled to himself and then turned walking away a few feet and laying down for a small rest.
40 Posts
Ooc —
Vinnie has just taken her own catch from the cache. She'd caught the squirrel two days ago, but had left it alone so that I could get nice and stiff. They were always better for chewing on, that way. The shewolf was lounging in the grass nearby, gnawing on her catch, when she saw a strange, grayish, smaller-type wolf moving toward the caches with a rabbit bursting from his little jaws.

Of course, he wasn't that small, but his youngness was all Vinnie could see. That, and he was starting to look very familiar.

"Grayson!" she said suddenly, remembering what he was called. "You're back! Where'd you go?" she asked brightly, trotting toward the young boy.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
At first he hadn't a single clue he was being called until he looked up and saw the she wolf heading toward him. Grayson? Did she think that was his name? He didn't remember the she wolf and felt bad because apparently she remembered him.

At the question he put two and two together and figured she must have been around when his dad had taken Dawn and him away from Easthollow. "My dad took us on an... adventure but he ended up making a pack. My loyalties lay with Easthollow so I came back" he explained trying to phrase it in a way that would make it seem like Grayday wasn't he bad guy. He remembered how Valette wasn't too happy with his dad, and that made him wonder just how many others were mad too.
40 Posts
Ooc —
Vinnira was a bit irritated with Graydad, truth be told. He'd left them without any big, strong male protectors, now that Steady was gone. There was that other Graydude that'd come by recently, of course, and there was Quiet, Phiipa's silent-type friend. But Valette had some sort of problem with Other Graydude that made Vinnira slow to trust him, and Quiet didn't seem like the fighting type. And she certainly wasn't.

On the other hand, though, Vi sort of thought Graydad had the right idea, picking up and taking his kids far away from this Very Dangerous Place"Did he leave 'cause of all the murder and maulings?" Vinnie demanded, staring wide-eyed at the boy-child. Did Grayson have the answers she was looking for?
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny's brow furrowed and he shook his head "no! Daddy gray would never. I..I dunno why he left but it certainly wasn't because of that." He responded. His dad was Brave and strong, a fierce warrior and an exemplary Hunter. Daddy gray wasn't afraid of anything and certainly wouldn't have left because of killing and attacks. 

But that left a different question. Why would Daddy Gray have chosen that time to leave? Why would he take Dawn a s Sunny away from Easthollow when the pack needed Grayday's strength? The question worried him and he felt he needed to know, but he would have to wait until his dad came back to visit if he ever did.

"I was too young to understand what was really going on. Honestly im not sure the plan was to go off and make a new pack at first. Me and Dawn heard the word Adventure and immediately agreed." He explained guiltily. Honestly he disnt regret the leaving part all that much, what he did regret was that he hadnt told his father he wanted to go back to Easthollow sooner.

"When Daddy's new pack began to get started, I realized we weren't coming back to Easthollow. I began to miss everyone here, my friends and those I considered a sort of family. I realized my loyalties remained here, even though I would miss Daddy and Dawn." He finished explaining why he had left in case she was wondering about that.
40 Posts
Ooc —
Vinnira's ears swivelled as Grayson went through his tale. "Well, why doesn't he want to come back?" she asked, a bit confused by the notion. Of course, she didn't expect a child's understanding to be up to par, but the story he was telling didn't exactly make sense to her. Graydad wanted to go on an adventure, or maybe lied and said he did - and then he'd founded a pack. He'd been the beta, though - what had made him want to leave?

"Did something happen before he left?" she wondered aloud, not really expecting Grayson to have the answer. She was asking herself, mostly, because she'd been there before he left. What had gone on?
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny shifted his paws through the soil, unsure of what to say. He didn't know why his dad had left Easthollow with them, he-they hgad it so good. Sunny remembered only happiness before leaving Easthollow, except for when Amber had left them all behind and never came back. Had his dad been unhappy? Turning bright amber eyes up toward Vinnira's confused face he gave a few more seconds before responding "He won't come back because he has a pack now. He couldn't turn his back on everyone now, he has people who rely on him" he was specifically remembering Kieran Adrien and his father when he spoke, the small family had lost so much they shouldn't have to lose their alpha and founder as well.

As for the second question he really didn't know. Taking a deep breath his own confusion set in "I...dont know honestly. All i remember is happiness for me and Dawn, the excitedness from being told we could go on an adventure. I dont remember if Dad was upset about ssomething or not" he stated unhelpfully, and cast his eyes down again.
Birdcatcher: 4/10

40 Posts
Ooc —
Vinnie was beginning to feel bad for questioning the boy so thoroughly when, obviously, this was not the happiest topic for him. She tried to sound comforting when she next spoke, hoping it would smooth out some of the feathers she might've ruffled. "Well, hey, it's not your job to make sure he's not upset," she offered, tail wagging slightly. "And it was a little bit of an adventure, right?"

She still wasn't sure she appreciated Graydad leaving like that, but hey, maybe there'd been a good reason. Though she wondered, now, how bad of a father Graydad must be for his son to run back to Easthollow instead of staying with him. Maybe they were better off without him? Either way, she wouldn't be sharing that sentiment with the man's son. It just wasn't her business.

"Well, I'm going to get back to chewing my squirrel," she said succinctly, turning and heading back toward her chew toy. "Bye, Grayson!" she called over her shoulder.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny thought about what Vinnira had just said. No..it wasn't his job to make sure Daddy Gray was happy but they were family and family looked out for one another right? He flicked his ears with doubt but nodded his head anyway "Yeah it was a bit of an adventure for sure. It was fun while it lasted" he said honestly. When Vinnira said she was going to go back to chewing Sunny stood up as well and offered a bright smile "Enjoy! I think i'm gonna go hunt" he stated and watched her walk away. Once she was gone he heaved another weary and confused sigh before trotting off toward the borders.

@Vinnira Archiving!
Birdcatcher: 4/10