Dragoncrest Cliffs But you gotta be there for me too
warbringer
454 Posts
Ooc — romanova
Guardian
Tactician
Eske offers a nod to the woman when she apologizes, accepting it as gracefully as she can while she remains torn. She has given enough information that she deems as safe. It is likely that other nations beneath Heda’s rule have more than likely been discovered and that word spread. It certainly spread among their own. Eske’s own mother had met the Commander when she’d led Odinn’s Cove so clearly she was versed well enough in their culture to aid the Commander in building of Drageda though Gyda had always remained an outlier refusing to give up her own culture in favor of the pack’s own. Eske dithers on between what information she thinks is vague enough and what might cross the line of too much. She is not the Commander, after all, and what she deems vague and thus safe to divulge Thuringwethil may not. Dio approaches shortly after Ceres asks her next question and Eske’s reply is cut short, tongue scraping against her teeth as his body language signals that he is the one truly in charge. For some inexplainable reason, this rubs the Cheka the wrong way. She feels annoyance rise beneath her breast as she looks to her superior and lowers her own body into a posture of submission before him. She does not need him to hover over her. She can handle this. Though Eske knows the Wocha is merely doing his job she cannot help but feel insulted by his presence. She is no child in need of supervision and this hardly the first stranger she’s apprehended; and more dangerous yet is the scathing thought that she was born into this culture whereas he is just an outsider that adopted it. To Eske it is not the same thing: outsiders will always remain outsiders regardless of their adoption of their ways or not. If anyone has a right to divulge of their culture it is she and his presence is unwelcome to her but Eske tries to hide her annoyance as best she can in the face of the stranger still submissive before them.

Eske is aware these thoughts, directed towards someone who stands superior to her, are very dangerous and that if she does not tread carefully she might find herself exiled from her home and people but she harbors them nonetheless, brought to light by her unexplained irritation. Her attention goes back to Ceres, with a small twitch of her lips that could be taken as apologetic. “The Commander.” Eske responds to Ceres questions offering the most vague response she can. The Commander is what binds them all together and their devotion to her. She gnashes her teeth together and takes a step back, adhering to Dio. If he wants to do his job and hover then he could answer Ceres questions for with him here Eske’s presence isn’t needed. She is only Cheka, after all. She is not sure where this sudden and awful resentment stems from because it had never been there before and she needs time to process it and try to decipher what it means and if it continues to effect her what she needs to do about it before it sees her kicked from the only home she has ever known and had any interest in having.

Yet, Eske is stubborn (perhaps incorrigibly so) despite her sudden saltiness and she refuses to relinquish her control of the situation to Dio and turns a blind eye to him now as if he is not there though her posture remains lower than his because, of course, he is still there. “If you join us I could tell you more.” but Eske is not sure if that was apart of the woman's plans or not. If not then she would have to be satisfied with what little bit Eske gave her.
roangeda · green-lit

trigedasleng
— your hands are wet with the blood
of an empire. you lick it off.
Messages In This Thread
But you gotta be there for me too - by ZC32 - June 27, 2017, 09:25 PM
RE: But you gotta be there for me too - by ZC32 - June 28, 2017, 02:49 PM
RE: But you gotta be there for me too - by ZC32 - June 28, 2017, 05:59 PM
RE: But you gotta be there for me too - by Dio - June 29, 2017, 12:28 AM
RE: But you gotta be there for me too - by RIP Blodreina - June 29, 2017, 05:12 AM
RE: But you gotta be there for me too - by ZC32 - June 29, 2017, 03:28 PM
RE: But you gotta be there for me too - by Antumbra - June 29, 2017, 06:15 PM
RE: But you gotta be there for me too - by Dio - June 30, 2017, 12:26 AM
RE: But you gotta be there for me too - by ZC32 - June 30, 2017, 07:37 AM
RE: But you gotta be there for me too - by Antumbra - June 30, 2017, 08:40 AM
RE: But you gotta be there for me too - by Dio - July 03, 2017, 12:40 AM
RE: But you gotta be there for me too - by ZC32 - July 06, 2017, 09:39 AM
RE: But you gotta be there for me too - by Antumbra - July 12, 2017, 08:30 PM