Redhawk Caldera it's so simple
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
I have a weird thing about dads and daughters and so this post is brought to you by my overabundance of emotions and also I'm crying my face off. Sorry for typos - I can't see anything

Rannoch didn't even need to call. Someone appeared around the bend only a few seconds after Liffey nodded for him to proceed, and immediately she felt a painful jolt in her heart. Her eyes widened in surprise to see Towhee approach - all legs and height and, most surprisingly of all, power... Not at all what she recalled of the girl. The firebird had been just another obnoxious little brat when she'd left (not that she'd actually been obnoxious, but she'd been lumped into that category by virtue of her age), but this wolf that approached them now was far, far different. It was instantly unsettling, and Liffey was quickly losing grip of any nerve she'd been able to gain while away from her natal pack.

Liffey didn't respond, but fortunately Rannoch was simply excited where she was beginning to feel panicked. She was in the process of attempting to smile and formulate a response of her own when she glimpsed a flicker of grey out of the corner of her eye. She turned her head and suddenly she saw the world as though in slow motion. If she'd felt off-balance before, it was nothing compared to now as the sight of her father caused the entire earth to shift upon its axis. She stood, frozen in place as Elwood approached and greeted them. It had been so long since she'd seen him, and still her heart inexplicably stung when his gaze moved from her face to Rannoch's. Liffey couldn't take her eyes off of him. Her eyes swelled with tears as she forgot completely about anything and everything around her and she pressed suddenly and eagerly forward.

"Daddy..." she wept softly as she moved to tuck herself against his chest and furrow her crown against his fur as she so often had as a pup. Her tail beat back and forth behind her to show her joy - quite the contradiction to the sobs that shook her entire petite frame. Liffey had known before that she missed her family, but it had been such a distant thing. It only made it all the more emotional for her to realize so suddenly how terribly she had longed for them.
if I knew where I was going, I'd lose my way.
~•~
Messages In This Thread
it's so simple - by Rannoch’s Ghost - July 19, 2017, 10:23 AM
RE: it's so simple - by Liffey - July 19, 2017, 07:28 PM
RE: it's so simple - by Towhee - July 19, 2017, 09:52 PM
RE: it's so simple - by Rannoch’s Ghost - July 20, 2017, 04:00 PM
RE: it's so simple - by Elwood - July 24, 2017, 08:32 AM
RE: it's so simple - by Liffey - July 24, 2017, 05:02 PM
RE: it's so simple - by Towhee - July 24, 2017, 06:16 PM
RE: it's so simple - by Rannoch’s Ghost - July 25, 2017, 07:55 PM
RE: it's so simple - by Elwood - July 26, 2017, 11:12 AM
RE: it's so simple - by Liffey - July 27, 2017, 12:48 PM