Wheeling Gull Isle we carry on
112 Posts
Ooc — Sabin
This took me forever to get to and I'm sooo sorry about that guys. I've got my RL stuff straightened out finally and there won't be a long delay like that again. And I know Constantine is going to be leaving (good luck with Ravensblood Forest, btw!), so if you want to bow out early from this thread that is totally understandable. <3
He had worried none would answer his call -- either because they had formed their own scattered allegiances or they had given up on the whole concept -- but soon enough his concerns were eased at the sight of Faeryn approaching from down the beach.  He dipped his head in greeting, fishing in his mind back to the first meeting for her name, "Faeryn, yes..? I'm a bit rubbish with names, forgive me if I'm mistaken." He offers her a soft smile, genuinely glad she is one of the wolves who answered, because if he is remembering her right she was one who volunteered herself for a leadership position when the discussion had first opened.

That is all the farther he gets before they are joined by Constantine, another face he is glad to see. The dark male is straight to the point, and Stockholm finds such disposition very agreeable. They did indeed need to do something. "We do. If we continue on as we are and fragment into smaller groups we will be all the weaker for it. If others were to come, the island would be easy taking, and if those others had less than kind intentions towards us and our habitation here, well, it goes without saying."

"The idea of a council had been proposed. I still think it is a good idea. Where I come from," he pauses and reaches out with a large paw, pressing it down into the sand carefully to make a defined print, then repeats the process four times in a straight line. "They did not call it a council, but it was the same idea -- individuals who were equal in rank, but they oversaw different divisions within the group. One oversaw the hunters and warriors, another the healers and so forth." He's generalizing for ease of explanation -- after all, where he came from, they were all dogs or wolfdogs like himself, they had far different names for these things and in some cases very different tasks, and at the end of the day their overseer was a human -- but the concept is, at its most base component, the same.
Messages In This Thread
we carry on - by Stockholm - August 06, 2017, 07:31 PM
RE: we carry on - by Faeryn - August 13, 2017, 10:09 AM
RE: we carry on - by Constantine - August 14, 2017, 07:01 AM
RE: we carry on - by Stockholm - August 29, 2017, 08:13 PM
RE: we carry on - by Faeryn - August 30, 2017, 06:09 AM
RE: we carry on - by Coelacanth - September 04, 2017, 01:44 PM
RE: we carry on - by Stockholm - September 09, 2017, 09:55 PM
RE: we carry on - by Faeryn - September 12, 2017, 01:11 PM
RE: we carry on - by Coelacanth - October 06, 2017, 12:29 PM