Dragoncrest Cliffs you taught me the courage of stars
warbringer
454 Posts
Ooc — romanova
Guardian
Tactician
Eske takes Shalon’s smile to mean that they are of a similar mind when it comes to their previous encounter with one another and notes, from the corner of her eye when she inquires about how the older woman is settling in and how her smile falters. She replies, honestly, and Eske wonders if what she truly means is: not as well as she could be. Eske doesn’t quite understand the struggle that outsiders face when seeking to incorporate themselves into the culture because she had the advantage of being born to it. She couldn’t fully claim that she knew nothing else because that wasn’t true: Gyda stayed true to who she was, kept her viking culture even when a very different one ended up taking over Sleeping Dragon (now Drageda) in the end; but while this was not the only culture that Eske was exposed to it was the one that integrating herself into was as effortless as breathing. She was born to be Drakru — it’s her lifeblood.

Eske’s lips pull into a terse line and her shoulders stiffen as Shalon mentions Heda and brings to attention the fact that she hadn’t seen The Commander yet. Eske thinks that perhaps Shalon had stepped out of the territory when the howl had went up: that Eske was acting in Heda’s stead. “Heda has fallen very ill,” It hurts her to say it. She does not want to think about it, does not want to think about how she is useless to Thuringwethil. She is her Cheka and yet the illness that plagues her is not anything Eske can fight for her; and it’s a horrible feeling. “I have been temporarily promoted to Fleimkepa to act in her stead until she recovers.” Eske informs Shalon, pleasantly surprised that her voice is steady, calm and even as she speaks the words though the mere thought had choked her up mere minutes ago. They were raw and hurt in her chest to speak them but she has duties to perform and she has to be strong while their Commander needs her.

“I will happily answer any questions you have.” Eske offers. She isn’t even sure where to begin and thus figures that answering Shalon’s questions might be a good place to start.
roangeda · green-lit

trigedasleng
— your hands are wet with the blood
of an empire. you lick it off.
Messages In This Thread
you taught me the courage of stars - by RIP Blodreina - August 10, 2017, 04:06 PM
RE: you taught me the courage of stars - by Shalon - August 10, 2017, 11:49 PM
RE: you taught me the courage of stars - by RIP Blodreina - August 11, 2017, 04:06 AM
RE: you taught me the courage of stars - by Shalon - August 11, 2017, 09:52 AM
RE: you taught me the courage of stars - by RIP Blodreina - August 11, 2017, 01:54 PM
RE: you taught me the courage of stars - by Shalon - August 11, 2017, 03:29 PM
RE: you taught me the courage of stars - by RIP Blodreina - August 12, 2017, 04:51 AM
RE: you taught me the courage of stars - by Shalon - August 12, 2017, 12:45 PM
RE: you taught me the courage of stars - by RIP Blodreina - August 14, 2017, 04:15 AM
RE: you taught me the courage of stars - by Shalon - August 14, 2017, 11:35 AM
RE: you taught me the courage of stars - by RIP Blodreina - August 14, 2017, 04:36 PM
RE: you taught me the courage of stars - by Shalon - August 14, 2017, 11:38 PM
RE: you taught me the courage of stars - by RIP Blodreina - August 17, 2017, 03:38 AM
RE: you taught me the courage of stars - by Shalon - August 17, 2017, 09:58 PM