Blackfoot Forest somewhere inside, I hope you still see me just the way I was before I walked away
you are loved, you are loved more than you know
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
It's all good! <3

After an incalculable amount of time, Nanook stopped, backtracked, and slowed to press her snout against the jagged face of stone. A thin crevice scored the mountainside, so small she had missed seeing the gap completely, but her nose hadn't been so careless. A cold, dank smell rose from the opening, different than the warm and earthy smell of the stone around it. Something more like what she'd expect to find near a lake or a bog, but certainly not in a mountain. A thrill ran through her, and when she moved again to carry on her scouting, an eagerness brisked her step.

But she hardly took more than five steps when a voice - masculine and near - stole her ears. The fur along her neck bristled, and her first thought went to the foxes. They were her only company out here - had one come to speak with her? Her heart fluttered with like fear and curiosity, and she turned, but who she saw was no fox, and her veins ran with ice.

The branches above swayed draping shadow across the wolf, but even in the darkness, his fur glowed paler than moonlight and the Northern snow. Something all too familiar, and not at all. Nanook flinched a paw across the ground and shifted away - but she met the ghost with eyes of like fire, and a simple and parroted,  "Hello."
with every heartbeat I have left
I will defend your every breath, I promise
I'll do better