Stone Circle Children of the Standing Stones
you are loved, you are loved more than you know
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
I wasn't sure if there was a posting order, so my apologies if this is out of turn!

Having seen her sister's flash of teeth, Nanook hesitated. To get between those fangs was the least bit inviting. But Desna... Nanook had never seen her sister bare her anger like that, not against anyone she cared for. Had something gone wrong when she'd given birth? Was that why the stench of blood stained the air? A quiet whine pressed from the Apaata's throat. Every inch of knowledge she held of the stars and of the earth fled in that moment, and the sky seemed to stretch forever. How she would have traded Polaris herself to know how to help - but instead she approached with empty and helpless hands.

Nikai and another woman had since approached. The latter seemed to know better of what went down in the dark and dug out earth where Desna made her dwelling. Nanook cupped her ears to catch her words, but something in the reassurance didn't settle. Her mouth frowned, but before Nanook could worry her thoughts further, star-kissed Nikai spoke, and Nanook glanced at Ezekiel, then to Nikai, then to the den with growing uncertainty. She didn't move, didn't know what to do - but her heart echoed the star-boy's desire to help. Her mind ran.

If Desna wouldn't see Ezekiel, she wouldn't want to see her - but maybe, Desna would at least talk to her. The idea seemed bound for pain, but Nanook couldn't just stand there. And so, with a fleeting glance to Nikai, the sister hunkered down and crept forward an inch, still far from peeking in, but close enough, she hoped, for Desna to hear. From a parched mouth she let out a soft and questioning noise, to see if she - if they - could do anything, or if her sister just wanted to be left alone.
with every heartbeat I have left
I will defend your every breath, I promise
I'll do better
Messages In This Thread
Children of the Standing Stones - by RIP Valette - August 24, 2017, 08:24 AM
RE: Children of the Standing Stones - by Ezekiel - August 24, 2017, 10:31 AM
RE: Children of the Standing Stones - by RIP Valette - August 24, 2017, 03:32 PM
RE: Children of the Standing Stones - by Nanook - August 24, 2017, 05:33 PM
RE: Children of the Standing Stones - by Clary - August 25, 2017, 11:02 AM
RE: Children of the Standing Stones - by Illecebra - August 25, 2017, 12:03 PM
RE: Children of the Standing Stones - by Steph - August 25, 2017, 04:40 PM
RE: Children of the Standing Stones - by Nikai - August 27, 2017, 07:29 AM
RE: Children of the Standing Stones - by Nanook - August 30, 2017, 07:18 PM
RE: Children of the Standing Stones - by Ezra Wolf - September 11, 2017, 02:48 PM
RE: Children of the Standing Stones - by RIP Valette - September 13, 2017, 01:00 PM
RE: Children of the Standing Stones - by Nikai - September 14, 2017, 05:44 AM