Hoshor Plains and do you have a card?
138 Posts
Ooc — mini
All Welcome 
the sound - the 1975

It was autumn now, slowly the trees would begin to change their colors and the forest floor would be covered in leaves. Also, soon prey would begin to become more scarce. Little did he know there were already other packs that were beginning to feel the struggle.  Remi knew, this and so he worked hard to keep the cache's in the Vale tended and filled. Today he had decided to try his luck outside the skirts of the mountain, so with a quick round around the border he set off. 

Soon he found himself in the middle of nowhere. A place he supposed he had crossed before but because it had no distintive landmarks or anything really, he could not be too sure. He trotted aimlessly for a while, his bright crystal blue eyes glistening as he scanned the area for anything at least mildly interesting. 
You know how it was, and Remi had already pissed so it was down to find something to eat, or to mess with.
141 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
The fresh mountain air had done her a world of good. From that gorgeous meadow, she had picked her way through the range, skirting lakefront and snaking through a canyon before coming out the other side, into these vast plains. She stared in wonderment at the expanse before her, and took off into a run, long limbs carrying her swiftly as she whooped in delight.

It had been a long time since Miyako had ran to simply run, for the sheer joy of it. For so long, she felt as if she had been running from something; now she felt as if she was running forward. In the shadow of the mountains, the young wolf jumped and played, chasing rabbits from their holes, tongue lolling in abandon.

She slowed her pace when, as she came over a ridge, she spotted another. She saw his eyes first--a blue brighter than any sky or ocean she had seen in her life. His pelt a blend of greys. With a soft bark to let him know she was there, Miyako came down the hill toward the stranger, coming to a trot and then a walk, finally standing still.

"Hey," she greeted, her voice still a bit giddy and breathless from her run. "I, uh, I haven't seen a wolf for days. It's nice to see another face."
138 Posts
Ooc — mini
hii c:

Quickly, before he could find it, the something he was looking for found him.
With a brisk movement he turned to lay eyes on this something - or someone rather.
It was a friendly someone, not one that would fit into either of the categories of edible or fightable. She was not someone Remi could 'eat or mess with', but she was pretty. 

The creamy Ostrega allowed his tail to wag, his crystalline eyes sinking into the rich gold that filled hers. "oh, well i'm glad you find my face nice to see" he barked jokingly, he knew that she was not referring to his face in particular but the opportunity to crack a joke was too good to pass up. "yours is nice too" he added, his lips parting to reveal a small timid smile. 
141 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
She rolled her eyes at his joke, but couldn't resist a smile. He had a rough charm that reminded her of her brother at his best--suave, yet wild underneath the veneer.

"Thanks," Miyako responded to his compliment, voice genuine. It had been a while since she had looked her best; weeks on the run had taken their toll. "You got a name? Mine's Miyako."

While she spoke, she sized up the stranger. He was just about her age, and clearly good-looking--upon further inspection, she noticed browns and blacks mixed into the various shades of gray that made up his pelt.

The closer proximity also lent further brightness to his eyes, if that were even possible. Miyako found herself both entranced and blinded by his gaze, but managed to meet it full-on, waiting for his response.
138 Posts
Ooc — mini
As she rolled his eyes, the creamy Ostrega couldn't keep a smirk from crawling to his face. He gave a brief nod as response to her thanks and allowed himself to take a couple of steps closer as the stranger decided it was time to stop being so and make the proper introductions. "Miyako" he echoed, another smile bubbling on his lips, "I'm Mouse" he barked, the tip of his tail twitching amicably. 

"i take you're not from here, right?" he asked, whilst taking a discreet whiff at the scents she carried. She didn't smell of others so quickly, Remi came to the conclusion the girl was a loner. She seemed nice. He wondered if she was looking for a home. "where're you headed?" he asked next, his eyes glistening with curiosity as he awaited her response.
141 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
She smirked. "Biggest mouse I've ever seen." She noticed that he took in her scent, and she did so to him, searching for clues. Definitely a pack member; laid thick on his scent profile were many wolves, including several females--no surprise, his being a ladies' man.

"You're correct. I come from up north, by the coast," Miyako responded, with a nod in the direction she had came. "Ten miles' run from this grotto I visited a week or so ago.

"And as for where I'm headed. . .well, I don't really know,"
she continued. She gave him a genuine smile. "Is there anywhere you'd like to show me? Anyone I should meet?" Miyako still wasn't sold on this whole "joining a pack" thing, but the leaves were now beginning to fall in earnest, and snow would be here soon, especially in the mountains.
138 Posts
Ooc — mini
Though he didn't care too much about what others thought of his name, and he rarely cared to explain the meaning behind it, he was often annoyed by the wolves that reacted with mockery. More than once he had had to hold back from rolling his eyes or cringing at the lame jokes that got thrown his way. But this time, he chuckled genuinely. He appreciated her sense of humor, she had put up with his joking after all, and plus, he was in a particularly good mood. 

As for the many lady scents entwined in his fur, had he known the conclusion she drew from that he would've explained that nearly all of his packmates were females. Instead he let his eyes grow wide as she mentioned where se came from, "huh, i am from the coast too" he barked, his whiskers twitching in amusement as the beginning of a smile shone in his face. 

"well not to brag but -- no actually yeah i'd like to brag" he barked, his smile growing wider, "The best pack around is Northstale Vale; we're over there in that mountain" he barked with pride swelling his chest as he turned to motion towards his beloved home. Truthfully, the Vale was the only pack he knew, but whatever, not like she'd know this.
141 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
"Another sea wolf, huh," she said with a smile, though it faded a bit as she suddenly remembered all she had left behind on the coast. Shaking off that thought, she took in his words. Northstar Vale. It sounded like some sort of fantasy land, with kings and queens, princes and princesses.

Miyako bet it was green, and beautiful, surrounded by those mountains that loomed so high to the west, painted shades of red and purple by the setting sun. "That sounds beautiful. And awesome." She smiled as she saw his chest puff with the mention of his pack. Clearly, it was a group of wolves to take pride in--or just a fun time with his buddies, she added wryly to herself.

"Well, do you want to show me around the Vale?" she asked, tilting her head curiously. "I do need a place to stay before it gets really cold, and I'm sort of shopping around for options."
138 Posts
Ooc — mini
He smiled at her remark. 
He nodded, "yeah, born and raised" he barked, he was proud of where he came from, and though he missed it too sometimes, he was almost certain that he was not missed back there. He had not really thought back on the Pier lately but before he coud let his mind wander back and dwell on his long lost home she commented on his new home. Pride swelled his chest once more. Yeah, he was proud of where he came from and where he was now. 
"it truly is" he assured her, his lips pursing into a smile.

"oh yeah, i'd be happy to show you around if you'd like" he barked, his head bobbing up and down in a quick nod as he began thinking of the routes they'd go first and then gesturing towards the mountain, they could go now if she wanted. It did not even cross his mind what the other members of the Vale, specifically Genie and Chusi, might make of his impromptu attempt to recruit another female. He thought Miyako could do well in the Vale, and he was honestly so excited to give the girl a tour around the mountain that had captured his heart. Maybe it would charm her too.
141 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
She contemplated for a moment, but made up her mind quite quickly. What else did she have to do around here? The least she could do was make some more friends.

"Let's go," Miyako said firmly, with a smile. "Why not?"

She estimated she had passed just south of the Vale, missing its spendor. Then again, she wouldn't hve ventured through that land anyway, not if it was marked with pack scent. She wondered how big the pack was. Too big for her? She supposed she would find out.

"I don't miss the sea," she responded to his earlier affirmation of his birth home. "I'm excited to go see this mountain." Miyako then stood in silence, waiting for his signal to go.

Do you want me to start a thread in the Vale or do you want to?