The Sunspire obvious
the oath
207 Posts
Ooc — Siro
A second passed in the space between them and he wondered, feared, that she might not stop. That she had indefinitely turned a deaf ear towards any further attempts at reconciliation. He couldn't blame her, really. Everyone eventually left him since he had the emotional capacity of a fucking goldfish.

But she halted, and Rian exhaled, unaware that he, too, was holding his breath. He cleared his throat and moved through the motions that allowed for speech... but nothing came to mind. Not immediately, anyway. But he felt. He desired. He wanted. This language that she was somehow tapped into was beyond his grasp in the seconds that followed his request, and her pause. It was frustrating to be subconsciously adrift but suffocating because definining the shapeless thing that defined this moment between them was impossible. How was Hydra able to express herself so expertly?!

Rian cricked his tail to form a tense curve, and he drew himself up onto steadier (but numb) legs. Rannoch was not forgotten, but his brother's distress was a distant echo compared to this untimely, but past-due, revelation. He was already struggling to come to terms with whatever had happened to his brother, and was completely blindsided in general. There was too much happening, and he was utterly overwhelmed, but he had to decide. He couldn't just brush it off and ignore it like he did everything else. Because this was important and Hydra was important, just like Noch and Cy. 

So he concluded that he needed to convey that: "You're important." He stated, albeit lamely. "You've always been important, and I didn't consider anything like that for myself because I wasn't worthy of you." He said, gaining momentum with each word that passed over his tongue. "It just... I didn't know what to do about it, Hydra. I spent a lot of time alone this summer and I struggled with some really bad lows and I couldn't help but wonder if it would have been better with you around. Then that took root, somehow, and I couldn't stop thinking about it. But pining for you was silly because I was trying to be realistic—we both had obligations and I didn't even know—" Rian stopped himself, realizing his voice had been rising steadily the whole time as he struck closer and closer to the root of the issue.

He licked nervously at his lips, worried that she might still turn him away for not catching on initially. For not actually acting. Rian was terrible about follow-through. "I'm interested but I don't know what I'm doing, if that isn't, uh, abundantly clear." He somehow stopped himself from including: and if you want to run away screaming because I'm an absolute nutcase I'd understand.
Time is running out, yeah.
Need to let you know, that—
Last night I woke the fuck up.
I realized I need you here
as desperate as that sounds.
As ruthless as it all may seem the wild cares not for the weaker beings.
Messages In This Thread
obvious - by Hydra - September 20, 2017, 02:48 PM
RE: obvious - by Rian - September 21, 2017, 12:45 AM
RE: obvious - by Hydra - September 21, 2017, 09:55 AM
RE: obvious - by Rian - September 24, 2017, 07:23 PM
RE: obvious - by Hydra - September 27, 2017, 01:57 PM
RE: obvious - by Rian - September 28, 2017, 09:58 PM
RE: obvious - by Hydra - September 28, 2017, 10:31 PM
RE: obvious - by Rian - October 02, 2017, 05:04 PM
RE: obvious - by Hydra - October 02, 2017, 08:04 PM
RE: obvious - by Rian - October 02, 2017, 09:28 PM
RE: obvious - by Hydra - October 02, 2017, 10:12 PM