Stone Circle This is the cool patrol dance
Deceased
323 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Burr mentioned having a bad dream - just as he suspected, though he still did not press. He knew the boy would recover over time, and hopefully the dreams would clear up too. Instead he nodded gently, changing the subject to the current task - patrolling. 

No doubt Burr knew something of patrolling, all wolves had the instincts that drove them to mark - to claim their territory, but the boy had, perhaps, yet to learn why. "Correct - Border patrolling is what I'm doing now. It means I mark the borders and keep the smell strong. And while I'm walking, I'll also check the caches where we bury our food, and if I see any bad guys I chase them away." It was not often there was actually a 'bad guy' around, but sometimes there would be a fox or something that had come in to steal food. Or, like in Ganador, a wolf might tresspass. Usually for the same reason - food. "You need to mark to show that the territory is yours and they aren't allowed in unless they have a good reason. Which is why a wolf will call when they are looking to join, or when they have a message. Not only is it polite, but it lets the pack know that they are waiting, and not crossing the borders."

"Now, do you know what might be a 'bad guy' besides another wolf?"
Messages In This Thread
This is the cool patrol dance - by Mawk - September 24, 2017, 04:18 PM
RE: This is the cool patrol dance - by Burr - September 25, 2017, 12:23 AM
RE: This is the cool patrol dance - by Mawk - September 26, 2017, 01:03 PM
RE: This is the cool patrol dance - by Burr - September 29, 2017, 10:01 AM
RE: This is the cool patrol dance - by Mawk - October 10, 2017, 01:21 PM
RE: This is the cool patrol dance - by Burr - October 11, 2017, 09:33 AM