Northstar Vale when my time comes
141 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
Joining 
It had been the most eventful month. She had gotten the opportunity to meet so many different wolves, from Liffey, searching for her mate, to the burly Varick, with his tragic past. But it was getting colder, day by day. It would become more and more difficult to hunt as a lone wolf. And while the idea of a wanderlusting loner seemed romantic in theory, she missed having a family. Being part of a pack would give her at least the illusion of a family again.

Miyako had given some thought of crossing the mountains and going back to Sunny and his group at Easthollow, but she wasn't sure she wanted to travel that far again. There was only one other wolf who had fronted the idea of a pack to her, and that was the charming @Mouse, who spun a tale of a beautiful home tucked away in the mountains. It was closer and more accessible, and why not try it out, at least for the winter?

So over rivers and through trees and across meadows and plains did she travel, until she found the path of least resistance over the mountains and began to cross. Miyako didn't know exactly where the Vale was, but she figured she'd know it when she saw it. This was much farther north than where she had crossed before, and she hadn't seen any sign of a large valley then. And when she reached the top of this narrow ridge, she saw it. A lush green expanse before her, shadowed by the crags. She smiled. Welcome home, she thought.

The acrid smell of border markings brought her short, and she stopped just shy of the territory, feeling at once excited and uncertain. She thought it best to call for Mouse, as well as for the group's leader (@Chusi, although she didn't know that yet). Miyako gave a low howl and sat on her haunches to wait it out, keeping her body language casual and neutral. Once she was received, she knew she would have to vouch for herself. She hoped that she had given Mouse a good first impression.
138 Posts
Ooc — mini
gonna play it as if this is after his run in with the morningside wolves, being vague about possible injuries

It ached to move, but it ached even more to sit still.
Besides, 'sitting still' was something Remi had never been able to do. Many times the sneaky escapades that partly accounted for the origin of his nickname had given his mother near-death scares. He was the one pup of the litter that went missing if god forbid his mother closed her eyes for a second. And while his flighty, adventurous nature had brought him a fair amount of trouble, it had also led him to great finding.
What would've been of him if he had stayed at the Pier, never daring to go where he was told not to?
Perhaps Rilke would still be with him, and perhaps he would've never arrived at the Vale.

Ignoring the stiff-kinda-mushed feeling that hung over his body like a cloak the creamy Ostrega started the day as he always did. He crawled out of his den, took a piss and set out to do what he did best.
Find trouble.
Not being in the mood to hunt just yet he decided to do a quick patrol. He was already on his way to the borders when a voice summoned him.
Remi's ears perked up, not recognizing the stranger's voice at first, and without a second thought he took off to meet whoever it was.

Once he had her in sight, he recognized her inmediately.
A small smile crept upon the Delta's lips as he approached, his dark tipped tail waving behind him in greeting. "hey, you" he barked, his crystalline eyes inviting. "do you still want that free tour?" he chirped, his tail still waving behind him like a leaf swaying in the breeze. He was genuinely happy to see her here, more if she was thinking on joining- she was nice and pretty, which seemed to be shared traits between his packmates, plus the Vale needed capable wolves and she seemed like a perfect fit. 
Or so he thought.
Chusi would be happy he found her and brought her back.
Or so he thought (?)
141 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
It wasn't too long before a figure appeared, approaching with a smile. It was Mouse, tail aloft in greeting. Miyako gave him a warm grin in return. He seemed in good shape, although his movements seemed a little stiff--whether from injury or just warming up for the day, she didn't know.

"Mouse! Hi," she said as he came to a halt before her. He looked genuinely happy to see her, which was good. He came alone, and she wondered whether any of the other Vale wolves would follow shortly after him.

"Uh, yeah," she continued, in response to his question, "I suppose I am up for that tour. And to stay, I think," Miyako added, her eyes exploring the vast valley beneath them. "Boy, you weren't kidding. This place is gorgeous."
I'm a Ghost of a Girl that I want to be Most
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
She had not yet heard of her romeo's Mouse's injuries, too busy running all over the place to fill the caches before winter came. Sure, they were not a large bunch, but with the coming of the chill of winter came weary travelers that had gone on their own for most of the summer. Hell, she had been one of them - kind of. When the initial call of a stranger summoned her (and... Mouse?) she dropped what she was doing and made her way to the borders. She had calmed down a bit from the sudden life-changing situations and her position was relaxed yet still nobel as she approached the pair.

She could not help but feel jealousy at the sight of the older woman that resembled her in more ways than one. Long legs, warm gaze, darkened coat... Her smile faltered for a second, but she quickly recovered and chuffed a greeting.

Mouse. She greeted him first, pressing her nose to his shoulder if he allowed it and then turned her gaze to the stranger. Hiya there. She said cheerily with a smile. 'Think I know why ya're 'ere... Or were ya just 'ere fur Mouse? She needed to hear, more than ever, that the female was not just here to steal her man have a nice conversation with a friend.
I'm a Shell of a Girl that I used to know Well
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
138 Posts
Ooc — mini
She seemed glad to see him too.
Remi smiled, his chest swelling again as she could not help but to comment on the Vale's beauty. "i told ya, 'ts beautiful" he barked as another grin jumped to his face. He was about to tell her to follow him, when the sound of another interrupted him. He turned to meet Chusi's ochre eyes with his own, another smile climbing to his lips as he of course recieved the Fearghal's touch and sought to return the gesture with a soft boop. 

"Chusi" he barked, his eyes and attention all for her before darting back to Miyako. He gave a little nod along with a wink, first to hint that Chusi was the one she really should be talking to, and second encouraging her to make her own introduction. He was still completely convinced he had done a good job spreading the word about the wonders of the Vale and had managed to recruit someone. "we met while i was out" he barked wanting to explain a bit of the context of where and how they've met, his eyes resting upon Chusi's face once more. 
141 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
Soon after Mouse came a dark-furred female, her long legs carrying towards them before coming to a halt. She was young, maybe a half-year or so Miyako's junior, and pretty, with bright eyes and a lush pelt. She pressed her nose to Mouse's shoulder--a touch he returned--then turned her gaze on Miyako, who resisted a smirk at the look.

Settle down, girlfriend, she thought wryly. She had seen that expression many times before, and would see it many times again before her death. She had also given the look plenty of times before. It was just all part of the cycle of crushes and love, lust and fucking.

"Hi, Chusi," Miyako said warmly. "My name is Miyako. I met Mouse down in the flatlands."

Giving a quick glance to Mouse, she continued, "And no, I'm not just here for this guy, though he certainly talked me into coming. I came because I think I can help you guys out through at least the winter, if not longer. I need a place to stay. I can hunt, I'm good with kids, and though I'm pretty skinny, I'm a scrappy fighter if need be."
I'm a Ghost of a Girl that I want to be Most
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
His boop tickled the butterflies in her belly, perhaps more than it should have, and certainly put her in a good mood. She smiled sincerely then, not wanting to be a bitch to someone she didn't even know just because she was talking to Mouse. It was harder to do so when it was revealed they had met someone where she didn't know the way completely, away from the Vale. Why had Mouse been out? Didn't he like it here? Did he not like her?! Calm down.

How... quaint. She chipped, not knowing the right word for "Good for you but I really really don't like it". Either way, she was glad to have a possible member join their ranks. She seemed more experienced in life than most of their bunch, though this did not discourage Chusi. She still found herself to be more than capable of keeping them safe and sound throughout the winter, and however long it would take for Rannoch to return.

Welp, 'can't possibly turn ya 'way. I'll trust Mouse's judgement on this one. She smirked playfully, really seeing no reason to turn Miyako's offer down. Besides, what bad could she bring but the destruction of her love-life, the pack she was supposed to look after and possibly the lives of all the members of the vale? Stop.
I'm a Shell of a Girl that I used to know Well
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
138 Posts
Ooc — mini
Ignorance was, truly, bliss.
Remi, being absolutely clueless of what was going on inside his Alpha's head, and what his bringing back a girl like Miyako could look like in her eyes, simply kept smiling at the dark furred newcomer. His crystalline eyes darting from her and back to Chusi as each took a turn to speak. He was glad Miyako had been able to speak for herself and list what she was capable of.

But he was even more glad when Chusi, trusting him and his judgement, responded favorably to the female's petition. He felt proud of himself. "she won't let us down, im sure" he barked, a sly grin flashing in Miyako's direction and then broadening as he turned to face Chusi, his chest swelled with pride and his dark tipped tail waving behind him.
141 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
It wasn't the most enthusiastic of welcomes, but it came none the less from Chusi, and she accepted it with a grateful nod. She wondered whether the girl was always this--she struggled for the word--well, this way, or if it was only the possibility of her (Miyako) swooping in on her (Chusi's) chosen lover boy.

Either or, Miyako had a home now, and beggars could never be choosers. "Thank you, Chusi," she responded, giving her a friendly smile. "I won't let you guys down."

Giving Mouse the same smile, she said to the pair, "Let me know if you guys are down for a hunt sometime soon. Need to stock up for winter, after all." With a flick of her tail to signify her departure, she trotted past the two and down the slope into the valley.

The mountain breeze whistled past her face as she broke into a lope, tongue lolling a little in joy. She was home. Whatever Chusi & Mouse had to work out regarding her sudden appearance, they could do it on their own.

Fading here; I'll let y'all lovebirds do with the thread what you want xD