Blackfeather Woods the world is not enough
in our town the hangman came, smelling of gold, blood and flame
390 Posts
Ooc — jal
Away
i completely forgot it was my turn, sorry!!

The stranger, he finds to be quite concerning. The manner in which he addresses his mother lacks any respect in the slightest, disregarding who she is and the fact that he is seriously outnumbered. This is the dark woods, not the playground or no-mans land. Should he exceed the tone of which he was welcome, it was in their every right to simply end him right then and there. And they very well could, with a justifiable reason. Vaati's ears flicker slightly as Kotake retreats into the shadows from which she came, something that he finds odd of her to do. It had been her that confessed a desire to inflict a form of revenge upon his attackers, and he would assume that in the presence of the attacker's Alpha, she would be more apt to linger longer than she had. He makes a mental note to question her later, once the temper-tantrum throwing man who reeks of self-importance is thrown from their lands. "Do not speak to my mother that way," Vaati snarls in the stranger's direction, reminding him that despite the fact that he may be important in his own lands, he has no worth among Blackfeather Woods.

He scoffs at Charon's change in tone, and the fact that the man had blatantly twisted his words to make it seem like Vaati had done something wrong. As if he had attacked the man on Moonspear's grounds. As if it had been an attack against Moonspear itself. No, he was not that idiotic to mark war against an entire pack for no good reason. "Would it make a difference if I did? If I did not? Your word does not protect me, your three wraiths will not hesitate to kill me regardless, if I ever have the misfortune of seeing them again," His reasoning for doing what he did will never spare his life and he knows this, for had the tables been turned, Vaati would not have rested until all three of the Cerberus's heads littered the Blackfeather borders. However, their will to see him dead is one that he does not understand in the slightest. It had not been them Vaati attacked, but a wolf unaffiliated to them, their scent, and, judging by the massive differences in appearance between Rannoch and Charon, not of their bloodline either. 

He steps forward, "Besides, what business is it of yours? As I recall, the victim of the incident was not of your pack nor, I assume, of your bloodline. Perhaps I should be questioning why you come here, disrespectful and arrogant, demanding answers from things that have nothing to do with you," This was not his father. He owed this man nothing, and the fact that he dared to throw a fit on borders that were not his own is both insulting and kill-worthy. Vaati has killed for much less. It is clear that the man holds a higher opinion of himself that he was allowed to have when visiting a pack that was not his, where he has no standing and no authority. The teen finds it foolish that he should believe himself to be above the law simply for having what seems to be a connection to his mother, and it was foolish indeed that he should choose to bear his teeth to the one being that could perhaps save him from simply being run-off. "I have done nothing against you, your pack nor its members, so perhaps it is I who should be bearing my teeth against you for the unwarranted assault of your pack members against me, against Blackfeather Woods," His hard gaze does not falter, steady and cool as if unfazed against the troubles that lay ahead.

Truthfully, Vaati does not know why they had intervened in the first place, without knowing why he had done what he did and for what reason. They had simply looked at him and decided that he was a crazed lunatic with no justifiable reason for doing what he did. In that sense, they were right, but they just as easily could have been wrong. For all they knew, it could have been Rannoch who had attacked him first. Perhaps yes, Vaati was dangerous, a liability to those around him. But the Cerberus was not entirely saved from that title themselves, when they had attacked him on assumption alone. What would happen if the next stranger they targeted had simply been in the wrong place at the wrong time? Who would stand up against them? Perhaps that was what made them more of a liability than him, for at least he had a vendetta, while they, they attacked without the slightest hesitance that perhaps, they were wrong.
for the sins of the unworthy
must be baptized in blood & fear
Messages In This Thread
the world is not enough - by Charon - September 28, 2017, 02:44 AM
RE: the world is not enough - by Potema - October 01, 2017, 04:01 PM
RE: the world is not enough - by Charon - October 03, 2017, 05:43 AM
RE: the world is not enough - by Potema - October 03, 2017, 04:38 PM
RE: the world is not enough - by Charon - October 04, 2017, 03:29 AM
RE: the world is not enough - by Potema - October 05, 2017, 02:16 PM
RE: the world is not enough - by The Wispmother - October 05, 2017, 06:51 PM
RE: the world is not enough - by Charon - October 06, 2017, 03:13 PM
RE: the world is not enough - by Vaati - October 12, 2017, 08:09 PM